+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1624Likes

Thread: The View

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Re: The View

i'm just now watching friday's show. i was bored with most of it, but decided to stick it out and was amused by the summer drinks segment ... especially rosie's statement "this is very good, but it's very sad to waste a good beer with ice cream" ... and then when he's helping elizabeth make her non-alcoholic drink, he busts rosie and the guest for drinking the rest of rosie's beer.

personally, the thought of an ice cream/beer float grosses me out, but it's probably because i'm not a beer drinker. i prefer something like they made for joy.

rosie was pretty amusing with the dessert segment too ... loved her face when the lady said to mix it up and then put it in the fridge for a day.

i'm going to miss rosie ...

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2419402;
    Now maybe we can her a variety of views and not just ONE!
    You have summed up my thoughts exactly.

I love it when someone (Rosie) has uninterrupted time to make her point and then she will ask a question, usually of Elizabeth, and once she starts answering she interrupts her time and time again. To me that is the sign of a bully and that is why she hates Donald Trump so much because he is a male version of her.

I would love if they could get the comedian Sherry (sp?) on permanently. She adds alot to the show and she knows how to balance the serious with the funny stuff that goes on in our life.

Quote Originally Posted by centralmom;2419642;
    I guess I'm just tired of talk show speakers telling me how I should feel & believe about everything going on in the world. I am a firm believer in Freedom of Speech, but gee whiz ya got to know when to shut up too!! This stuff gives me a headache more than it entertain's me.

That is why the view's ratings may have gone up temporarily but the wouldn't sustain them because you don't stop and stare at a car crash for very long. The wreck gets your attention but once it starts bringing you down you move on. The View has lost the balance of being about funny and serious topics. It became Rosie's show and what she wanted to talk about which is usually negative.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2419908;
    i'm just now watching friday's show. i was bored with most of it, but decided to stick it out and was amused by the summer drinks segment ... especially rosie's statement "this is very good, but it's very sad to waste a good beer with ice cream" ... and then when he's helping elizabeth make her non-alcoholic drink, he busts rosie and the guest for drinking the rest of rosie's beer.

personally, the thought of an ice cream/beer float grosses me out, but it's probably because i'm not a beer drinker. i prefer something like they made for joy.

rosie was pretty amusing with the dessert segment too ... loved her face when the lady said to mix it up and then put it in the fridge for a day.

i'm going to miss rosie ...

When I first was watching the show, I got bored with the first two cooking segments, so I quit watching. I'm glad you said what you did, because the drinks and dessert were much better, and I'm glad you inspired me to go back and watch those! I personally LOVE beer with sweets (sounds strange I know, but try it! Beer and key lime pie is fabulous!) but could not imagine a beer float. YUCK! But I did like that he tailored each drink to the host making it.

Overall in the four segments, I thought that Padama was insufferable! I really really like her on Top Chef, and I enjoyed her in the chat segment. But she was so determined to prove herself as the smartest foodie in the room that i just wanted her to shut up! She as guesting as a host, not an expert. I they have her back, I hope it's not for food segments. Unless she's the guest, and she's doing the segment to inform the audience. That would be fine. But having to throw in all this information to outshine the guest? That's just rude.

FORT Newbie

It must be nice to get paid to get your hair and make up done just to talk about what ever you want.

Sexy Longhorn Girl 21longhorngal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elisesilverstar;2420028;
    It must be nice to get paid to get your hair and make up done just to talk about what ever you want.

Cant be to fun when they start fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack;2420073;
    I don't know, but I actually thought it was quite funny that Rosie's asst. drew pictures all over bitsy's face. I hope the NE has a copy of the picture and posts it on the front page.

Its very 1st gradish, but I enjoy it. SNL, you better paraody all this stuff.
    Well I was channel flipping last night and Nancy Grace and her guests were going on and on about how Rosie defaced (even though she wasn't in the building when it happened) EH pictures and how that was a crime and she should be arrested. I guess she's no longer applying for Rosie's job.

I miss Meredith, too! She was the most level-headed one of all, in my opinion.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

I always liked Rosie and appreciate her quick wit. She's entitled to have her own opinions as is EH, but sheesh after a while it just seems so repetitve to me. It's like a family get-together that has the same argument year after year after year. I don't understand why they couldn't just agree to disagree - neither one is ever going to change, so to me it was just exhausting to have them blather on to each other.

I have no allegiance to either woman one way or the other, I find EH just as insufferable as Rosie is at times. The thing about Rosie that I don't get at all, is why she's so damn angry all the time. Angry about the war, I get - no one is happy we're in this situation, but she's damn near angry about thousands of things. Yes, her mother died when she was young, but a lot of us have had horrific experiences when we were younger, and as far as I'm concerned, she needs to get over it already. She has a partner who loves her, a beautiful family, more money than she knows what to do with, I just don't see how she's got it so bad.

I never thought I'd say this, but I miss Meredith too.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Has anyone thought why the producers of the show just didn't cut in with a commerical break, then talked to EH and RO and told them to settle their issues after the show. Sometimes I wonder if they just wanted this to happen, as it is good for ratings. I was always told not to discuss politics and religion, this has been going on for so long with Rosie and Elizabeth what did they expect. I had always felt they should have redone the seating for guests. I even sent and email to Meredith years ago saying that seating should be different so guest could see everyone easier.I have always thought that it was rude to have your back to someone, I feel bad for the guest trying to talk to everyone...no wonder they didn't leave with whip-lash trying to talk with everyone. I agree that Elizabeth was shunded by the guest that came on after the spat...wasn't right. I always felt Elizabeth has taken alot of crap from some guests and Rosie too. I do miss Meredith, there were never these issues when she was on there...

+ Reply to Thread