+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix1964;2419597;
    ... Even her long friendship with Madonna is gone....
    What happened with Madonna? From what I understand, they are still close.

I'll miss Rosie on the View. I'll be very interested to see what BW does to try to save the show now.

FORT Newbie

I guess I'm just tired of talk show speakers telling me how I should feel & believe about everything going on in the world. I am a firm believer in Freedom of Speech, but gee whiz ya got to know when to shut up too!! This stuff gives me a headache more than it entertain's me.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2419623;
    Amen! I'll add to that, I have a very hard time respecting the views of a person who so proudly boasts about refusing to consider and listen to views of the opposition. Rosie has been very open about her unwillingness to listen to more conservative voices in the news or pundit worlds. Why? How can you expect others to respect your point of view if you refuse to show any respect to points of view you don't share?

I'm curious about the number of people who have declared now in this thread that the show is over and done with -- It was certainly a very different show before Rosie arrived, but it was a very successful show for 9 years before she came along. In a daypart on TV where most programs can barely put together an audience even worht talking to advertisers about, The View delivered strong ratings (and revenue) year after year for 9 years. It was not sputtering and failing before Rosie came along, and she wasn't hired to "save" the show. What is it about the show that you think will be missing so much that it will fail now, which was not missing for the nine pre-Rosie years?
    I think they have had too many changes in a short time and the last 2 leaving has left kind of a bad taste in the mouth. Maybe if they find a moderator who is intelligent and interesting, less emotional and able to keep things under control they can keep it together.

I do agree with Trump that Elizabeth is out of her depth on this show. I liked her just fine on the Style Channel.
    Last edited by fluff; 05-25-2007 at 11:23 PM. Reason: fixed quote tags

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

I'm curious about the number of people who have declared now in this thread that the show is over and done with -- It was certainly a very different show before Rosie arrived, but it was a very successful show for 9 years before she came along. In a daypart on TV where most programs can barely put together an audience even worht talking to advertisers about, The View delivered strong ratings (and revenue) year after year for 9 years. It was not sputtering and failing before Rosie came along, and she wasn't hired to "save" the show. What is it about the show that you think will be missing so much that it will fail now, which was not missing for the nine pre-Rosie years?
    I agree Veruka, I didn't think the show was sputtering at all. Especially, as you pointed out, since they've been on the air for nine seasons. I hold out hope, because I do enjoy what the show has to offer.

I am only speaking for myself, but the reason I watched last year was Meridith and the reason I watched this year was Rosie. I am not a fan of BW or Joy and I did not care for Star at all. Before last year, I was working during the View, so I never saw any of the other hosts.

Although our politics are polar opposites, I have always liked Elizabeth.

So, I'm channel surfing because there is absolutely nothing on right now. As I flip past Faux News, Bill O'Reilly is saying that HE is the reason that ABC fired Rosie and as back up they have DT on the phone.
    Last edited by GabbyG; 05-25-2007 at 11:29 PM. Reason: typo

FORT Newbie

I really liked Meredith, and I've always liked Elizabeth. JB I could totally live without. Elizabeth is young and has a lot to learn, but I do admire her for sticking up for herself with these out spoken "older" women. She has set morals for herself, and lives by them in that crazy entertainment world.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix1964;2419597;
    RO clearly has some how to play with others issues and she personalizes everything too much to be in show biz.
    I think that makes her real. I think that's why people like her. Almost every guest on that show eluded to hanging out with RO or having some shared history. I think it would be hard to hear people criticize you, take cheap shots and are just ugly. It okay for all of us to talk about or families and pick out their flaws but if a stranger does it...that's offesive. Kinda like RO and her "fat lesbian" stuff. When it's done in a derogatory way it's hurtful. She's a person. The DT comments? Everyone knows he has bad hair and he went bankrupt and now he's rich again...How does that happen? We go bankrupt and were poor. I think that situation evolved into something that was ParisHiltonish. It was no big deal but DT was over the top. He exploited it for his own gain. IMO

As for Boy George? Well, I've met George, I met him through a friend of my husband, in London. We had dinner with him. He was nice but very stuck in 1984..like that's all he could talk about and the people around him were laughing but it was more of a patronizing or exaggerated laugh. Everyone just fell all over themselves over him..it was strange. I'm not fake so it was a little hard to take. I don't really recall the stories but I remember being disappointed. I loved CC back in the day, I was a fan but I left unimpressed. I feel bad saying that but he was kinda blobby. He had that hat on , like he wore in interviews for a long time and that neck tatoo and no make up. I remember thinking...ugh, I feel sooo old...he had really let himself go. Not that I expected Boy George from the 80's but Dude! You're BOY GEORGE!!! I sat right next to him and I felt unwelcome. I was the only girl maybe that was it but he didn't say two words to me. I'm not bad company people usually like me but that night I felt weird. So RO not getting along with him...ehhh, I don't know if I could partner up with him either.

Wasn't he arrested for drugs and some prostitution thing? I think he's had a history with drugs so who's to say maybe that problem didn't effect the broadway thingamagig. All I saw were the promos with the odd makeup he wore everywhere and it was a play about HIM, no thanks I'll pass. So...I don't know about that.

I think RO just functons better calling the shots. There is nothing wrong with that if you can be the boss. Do you all remember when they were trying to "girl her up". I think there is much more to this. This was most likely the last straw. Split screen..

Okay, I'm done! Sorry.

FORT Fogey

The show was not very successful it was average. No one commented around the watercolor about what was on the view that day. But people do comment about Regis and Kelly. They lost Merideth and Star ( who got to big for her britches) and BW intergity has faded. I do believe that she regretted hiring Rosie and bad mouthed her to Trump.

And there is a line in what I would listen too. I don't listen to RO belief that the US gov was involved in 9/11 nor do I believe McCain assertions that the war in Iraqi is going well. There are extreme idiots on both sides of the isle.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Naye;2419701;
    I think RO just functons better calling the shots. There is nothing wrong with that if you can be the boss. Do you all remember when they were trying to "girl her up". I think there is much more to this. This was most likely the last straw. Split screen..

Okay, I'm done! Sorry.
    Ro did call the shots on her own talk show, magazine and broadway show. But she has had major blow ups with directors, make up artists, producers, writers, etc..

And I know I couldn't handle the pressure of show biz but shes been in it for a long time and I would think she would have learned by now how to handle the heat.

It's like if anyone offends her she just goes ballistic-crash and burns. She used to talked about how her mother's death really affected her and that she used to hide everything inside and try to be the perfect daughter. But she has done a 180 and let's it all hang out but some times the viewing public doesn't want to hear everything.

Just like Tom Cruise, yea he is in love but the couching jumping and dusted up with Brooke Shields was just way overboard. I think most show biz people are a little whacko. They surround themselves with yes people and start believing their own press too much it just warps them mentally (see Michael Jackson )

I like Ro but some of her political comments were crazy.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2419387;
    I can just imagine Elisabeth's smug face when the live shows start again.

IMO, she should be out on hre ear too aith BW looking for three women to accompany Joy for what should be the final season.
    I think EH should have been let go too. I would love to tune in on Tues to see BW and Joy saying: Hey, it's just us!

This show is not long for the airwaves.

And honestly, I have been a Rosie supporter, but I think she should have stayed. Hurt feelings or not, it was her job, she deserved to stay and she let a bully run her off the playground. I have to say I'm disappointed.

I've always believed the best way to play these things is to NOT let them know they got to you. Show up on Tues like the professional you are, do your job and act like it doesn't matter. Go home and cry, but go to work with your head up and your best game on!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread