+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by North OC Mom;2419492;
    what exactly was the Trump comment?
    well he said alot of nasty stuff that isn't worthy of repeating but long before Rosie decided to leave the view, trump did say that she would "implode", that she doesn't know how to get along with people that is why her talk show, magazine and broadway show (big fight with Boy George) fell apart. I like Rosie but she seems to carry alot of angry and hurt maybe from her mom's death. It seems she can dish it out but can't take the heat. Elizabeth is so insipid, I wouldn't let her get under my skin. But Rosie being in show biz for so long. I would of thought that she would have grown tougher skin by now.

That sucks she is leaving early and like that. I hope the pre-tape addresses her leaving some how.

It won't, VanJagSol, but it'll be discussed on Tuesday, I am sure.

Didn't take Trump long to comment:

Trump -- "Disgusting" Rosie's Exit a "Great Service"
    Posted May 25th 2007 4:15PM by TMZ Staff
    Filed under: Celebrity Feuds, Rosie O'Donnell

His Comboverness, Donald Trump, just couldn't resist taking one more swinging kick at Rosie O'Donnell on her way out the door of ABC, saying, "A great service was done by getting her off the airwaves ... she's a disaster."

The billionaire blowhard offered his pointed barbs to MSNBC this afternoon, just minutes after Rosie announced her departure ... and they were like a greatest hits compilation of Trump's Ro disses. "She's not a very smart person," check. "She's disgusting to look at," check. "She's aggressive," check. Of course, he had to get in a dig at Elisabeth Hasselbeck, calling her a "dimwit." Trump is against the Iraq war.

Donald, whose own show, "The Apprentice," just got axed by NBC, predicted that "The View's" ratings would rise in the wake of Ro's farewell, but declared that "The View" had become an "embarrassment" to Barbara Walters.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey

Well trump doesn't know tv. The view ratings will go down. Trump reminds me of an idiot who once in a blue moon stumbles on a kernal of truth. Elizabeth is a dimwit and Rosie is agressive.

It sounds like Rosie cleared her early departure with ABC so there won't be a lawsuit involving her contract, but still, that was not the ending to her stint on the View I hoped for. I think she expected Elizabeth, out of friendship, to defend her, and was simply hurt that she did not. All Elizabeth had to say is I know you support our troops.
    As a non-American, I see Rosie as the ultimate American, sometime loud, often contradictory, but very genuine. In a way Rosie and Elizabeth just are different sides of the same coin, and I see a Broadway musical in the works, sort of like my longed hoped for Tonya Harding/Nancy Kerrigan yet to be produced saga.

I think there was alot more going on then just what we see, obviously. How many hosts have they been through?

It always bugged me how EH would "argue", she would begin with one idea and then when someone would question her back and she'd name a sleu of other issues. You could never just discuss one subject. People who think they're sooooo knowledgable and really aren't are a nightmare to even talk to, I call them circle talkers. RO tried, it seems, to open her life up to EH but you know EH is a prude and narrow-minded...I think RO felt betrayed beyond just this one incident. I think EH has a way of standing for her "morals" in a judgmental way, like I'm better than you or "Gosh, I'll miss you when I'm in heaven and your not". EH is a REP talking head. For a Christian what happened to having a gentle spirit, being meek and loving. Nothing she says is in a gentle spirit. She was ready to pounce before JB even began reading her list. Can you tell I think EH is a twit?

Sorry, I'm on RO's side. I'd be done with the BS too. She made the show viewable and fun. I hope we see her somewhere else.

To the people that say RO is angry. Heck yeah! If you know what's going on in the world you should be angry too.
    Last edited by Naye; 05-25-2007 at 09:20 PM.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naye;2419559;
    To the people that say RO is angry. Heck yeah! If you know what's going on in the world you should be angry too.
    You got that right!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Naye;2419559;
    I think there was alot more going on then just what we see, obviously. How many hosts have they been through?

It always bugged me how EH would "argue", she would begin with one idea and then when someone would question her back and she'd name a sleu of other issues. You could never just discuss one subject. People who think they're sooooo knowledgable and really aren't are a nightmare to even talk to, I call them circle talkers. RO tried, it seems, to open her life up to EH but you know EH is a prude and narrow-minded...I think RO felt betrayed beyond just this one incident. I think EH has a way of standing for her "morals" in a judgmental way, like I'm better than you or "Gosh, I'll miss you when I'm in heaven and your not". EH is a REP talking head. For a Christian what happened to having a gentle spirit, being meek and loving. Nothing she says is in a gentle spirit. She was ready to pounce before JB even began reading her list. Can you tell I think EH is a twit?

Sorry, I'm on RO's side. I'd be done with the BS too. She made the show viewable and fun. I hope we see her somewhere else.

i agree with you post. But RO is beyond angry. Every professional venture she has had has blown up in some sort of arguement. Even her long friendship with Madonna is gone. She seems to be one of those people that you have to agree with 100% or you are her enemy. Elizabeth is a dimwit and they have only known and been friends for less than a year- so knowing Elizabeth views- why did RO seemed so offended and hurt. I am anti Iraqi war but I don't think that our government had anything to do with 9/11.

RO clearly has some how to play with others issues and she personalizes everything too much to be in show biz.

FORT Newbie

I was just watching CNN 360. They had some of the RO & Elizabeth video. My main problem with Ro is she wants to voice her opinion on everything, but no one else seems to be able to voice there's. If you disagree with her, she's all over you like white on rice(southern saying). She's got some issues. I used to love her show, but not to thrilled with her anymore.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by centralmom;2419617;
    I was just watching CNN 360. They had some of the RO & Elizabeth video. My main problem with Ro is she wants to voice her opinion on everything, but no one else seems to be able to voice there's. If you disagree with her, she's all over you like white on rice(southern saying). She's got some issues. I used to love her show, but not to thrilled with her anymore.
    Amen! I'll add to that, I have a very hard time respecting the views of a person who so proudly boasts about refusing to consider and listen to views of the opposition. Rosie has been very open about her unwillingness to listen to more conservative voices in the news or pundit worlds. Why? How can you expect others to respect your point of view if you refuse to show any respect to points of view you don't share?

I'm curious about the number of people who have declared now in this thread that the show is over and done with -- It was certainly a very different show before Rosie arrived, but it was a very successful show for 9 years before she came along. In a daypart on TV where most programs can barely put together an audience even worht talking to advertisers about, The View delivered strong ratings (and revenue) year after year for 9 years. It was not sputtering and failing before Rosie came along, and she wasn't hired to "save" the show. What is it about the show that you think will be missing so much that it will fail now, which was not missing for the nine pre-Rosie years?

+ Reply to Thread