+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1606Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

I can just imagine Elisabeth's smug face when the live shows start again.

IMO, she should be out on hre ear too aith BW looking for three women to accompany Joy for what should be the final season.

They are going to need to do some major revamping to get an audience next year, if there is a next year for the View.

FORT Fogey

Now maybe we can her a variety of views and not just ONE!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

IMO, EH is like watching a flea circus. Small, one trick and pointless.

I've never understood what the appeal was to have her on the show, from day one even..way before Rosie showed up.
    But now, Elizabeth should be thanking Rosie for giving her an actual name that can be recognized. "OH, it's that one who was on Survivor..what's her name?"

Lets see how entertaining Elizabeth is going to be on her own.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Newbie

I'm guessing the View ends with this season.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

I honestly don't believe Elizabeth will gloat. I think the entire incident hurt her feelings. When Elizabeth told Rosie it was easier to spar with Trump, I think what she meant was that fued was fun for Rosie. She had a baffoon for a nemesis. Rosie was able to use it, and use it she did. I don't blame Rosie, had it been me, I'd of had fun with it too (not a Donald fan). But with Elizabeth, it looked to me like Rosie wanted her to bail her out. Rosie wanted Elizabeth to save Rosie's face, when Elizabeth had done nothing to give Rosie the face she was sitting there with. Elizabeth having been called a coward, a double speaker, and the personification of Christian purity (whatever the hell that is) had to have been hurtful. I think that's why Elizabeth made the Trump comment. Rosie showed Elizabeth how a fued goes when Rosie's not having fun, and the way it goes is Rosie will hurt and insult her so called friends. Since Rosie obviously has the capacity to feel compassion, it should have been harder for her to rip into Elizabeth then it ever could have been to rip that big haired fool. Rosie should be far more unsettled than whatever she experienced with Trump.
    This is something Rosie's going to have to sort out on her own.

Elizabeth works my last nerve a lot too, but I still have affection for her. I don't know why especially, maybe it's because I'm such a big Survivor fan. If I hadn't been fondly familiar with her when she came on the show, and especially since we're opposites politically, I might view Elizabeth differently. I admit a bias here, most definitely.
    Last edited by lopevian; 05-25-2007 at 08:18 PM.

FORT Fogey

I agree that Rosie was hurt and Elizabeth is an idiot. But funny thing is Trump was right when he said Rosie would implode, the same way she did with her own show and magazine. To me both women where extreme in their political views saying outlandish stuff.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

I think it's time to end the show. I don't know how Barbara can save it.

FORT Newbie

what exactly was the Trump comment?

Love her or hate her, leading with her emotions is what Rosie brings to any show she's doing. Sometimes that's a plus, sometimes a minus, but that's who she is. If she's feeling so emotional about the situation with Elizabeth that it's going to color all of their interactions over the next three weeks, then leaving now is the best thing for everyone.

It would have been an uncomfortable few weeks with them either not interacting, pretending to be OK with a tense undertone, or sniping at each other. There isn't a scenario I can see that would be comfortable for anyone (other than the folks who would get a kick out of seeing the aforementioned dynamics).
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread