+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1525Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Newbie

Re: The View

I'm so sorry it ended this way. I suspect it's the end of the View soon.

From her blog:

Please pull the plug on this and leave TV now - there is nothing to gain by staying but plenty to lose, particularly if you piss off veterans on Memorial day

monday is my last show
    it was pre taped

Am I being stupid or are you saying you are not going back to The View for the last few weeks? If I were you I wouldn’t either but what about your contract?

abc has been very understanding

Sexy Longhorn Girl 21longhorngal's Avatar

Yea she was pretty upset and she mention that she only had 3 weeks left.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2419214;
    Back on topic: That's the sign of a quitter right there. She might have done a lot for the View, but the View did more for her. It put her back into the spotlight. As an employer, I would not trust her to keep her word.
    Except the show needed her more then she needed the show.
    I hope that she further involves herself in acting and guests on Nip/Tuck again.
    I love Rosie and i'll miss her. Once again, i'm back to watching because of Joy and putting up with BW.

I'm so sorry it ended this way. I suspect it's the end of the View soon.
    I posted a few weeks ago that a psychic predicted the show would be ending soon. He'd also predicted that Rosie would soon leave as well.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Newbie

Well, I hope that Joy and Elizabeth are happy. I think the show is going to be such a snooze from now on, like it was before.

Its really sad about Rosie leaving. But you have to look at the good/bad causes that were made here. Rosie tried to bring more humor and raw emotion to this show than any other host (despite her personal struggles) and in that it became a refreshing new show to me. Its very hard not to dislike Elizabeth because I'm totally against her beliefs, but I hope somewhere in that head of hers, she can grow and mature from this experience..or she'll continue to be ignored by her daughter and not have many friends. At least Rosie will always have her fan base and numerous supporters to get through the next phase in her career.

Everyone calls her a coward for leaving, but the media will still be very cruel to her no matter what. I thinki maybe she felt like this is just not worth it and its a losing battle, so why fight anymore. Why contunue to subject yourself or surround your life with so much negativity. Maybe Rosie doesnt have the tools to rise above all this nonsense but I hope she does in the future. Even if she was harsh on others and her opinions were unpopular, at least she had her own opinions and I felt like they came from her heart. Elizabeth- when she gets her heart- she will realize what bad causes she has made. Rosie- hopefully will learn that it doesn't pay to be harsh on others because to attack others will only come back to you. The media sadly I believe will never learn- which is why they can respond to me 10 times harder on these women and its ok. In the end, the show suffers. Not counting Meredith's departure, does this show ever have a nice and amicable departure for anyone without any hurt feelings? Debbie, Star & Rosie?

All I know is that when Debbie was there, even Star and Rosie- they were themselves, raw and real - flaws and all. Elizabeth seems so intent on displaying this perfect life, child, marriage that its gone into a Stepford Wife territory now. As women, we've come a long way in so many aspects, but this show also shows you that we still have so much to work on. We're are own worst enemies.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Rosie is anything but a coward. Sometimes you gotta know when to stop beating a dead horse and move on. She's responsible for herself and her happiness and nothing more.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by stevie2007;2419300;
    Its really sad about Rosie leaving. But you have to look at the good/bad causes that were made here. Rosie tried to bring more humor and raw emotion to this show than any other host (despite her personal struggles) and in that it became a refreshing new show to me. Its very hard not to dislike Elizabeth because I'm totally against her beliefs, but I hope somewhere in that head of hers, she can grow and mature from this experience..or she'll continue to be ignored by her daughter and not have many friends. At least Rosie will always have her fan base and numerous supporters to get through the next phase in her career.

Even if she was harsh on others and her opinions were unpopular, at least she had her own opinions and I felt like they came from her heart.

Elizabeth seems so intent on displaying this perfect life, child, marriage that its gone into a Stepford Wife territory now. As women, we've come a long way in so many aspects, but this show also shows you that we still have so much to work on. We're are own worst enemies.
    Well said, stevie. I am sad as well, as I enjoyed Rosie immensely on the View. Even the non Hot topic portions were interesting. I thought Rosie invigorated that show....(and I did like Meredith, Star and Joy...never cared for Elisabeth). Guess we will see what becomes of the show now.

FORT Newbie

Has any good come form this whole switcheroo? Katie Couric is not doing well on CBS news. I don't know how Meredith is doing, but I don't watch the Today show anymore since Katie left. Heard that Meredith and Matt Lauer don't get along, maybe he's too glib. Star leaves the View in a huff and not much of a career since. Rosie improves the ratings but leaves in a huff before her contract is up.

Joy and Elizabeth are left with not much a of a show, how long can it last? My guess Elizabeth's next job is on Faux news. Or maybe in the Bush administration, Attorney General's Department. Seems like she has the intellect and mindset of Monica Goodling.

I may actually watch the View a bit to see how they handle it.

wow, Rosie is a punk... she couldn't even stay for the few weeks she got left.

interesting... I wonder what BW will do for host(s)

+ Reply to Thread