+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1541Likes

Thread: The View

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Re: The View

wow ... trump actually came to her defense???? that just might be enough to spur rosie to hang in there for three more weeks!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2417967;
    And I love (insert sarcasm here) the fact that women with strong opinions are seen as pigs, hypocrits and hurting the political party they represent while men that do the same are not crucified at all about it. Rosie's not the only one. Look at Hilary Clinton who's suffered from having her own opinion and brain from the very beginning before her husband even got elected and she is constantly vilified.

Personally as a Woman with a brain, a strong opinion, a loud mouth and a firm grasp of politics, I wonder if I would be called a pig and a hypocrit? I am also a democrat and proud of it. Am I hurting my party by voiciing my opinions?
    You left out 'bitch'. Women AND men like to go after women with strong, outspoken opinions. Shame on them all....especially the women.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

and of course, "cat fight". You'd never hear a heated discussion with two men referred to as a "dog fight" or something like that.

FORT Newbie

Is it possible Joy set them up for a fight? She seemed pretty pissed the other day when Rosie seemed to suggest that her (Rosie's) being on the view was what might get them the Emmy. There really didn't seem much point for her to bring up Bush other than knowing it would start another Rosie, Elizabeth fight.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2417938;
    "I missed the Tsunami by a month and God blesssed me" self. I've heard Star has toned way down now, but that, I would have watched.
    I'd pay to see that! Star is amazing, isn't she?
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2417967;

And I love (insert sarcasm here) the fact that women with strong opinions are seen as pigs, hypocrits and hurting the political party they represent while men that do the same are not crucified at all about it.
    When I look at things that have been said about Dick Cheney, including lamenting that a bomb going off outside a base in Afghanistan where he was not being close enough to kill him, I'm not so sure that men with strong political opinions aren't equally crucified. When I look at the number of websites that have been created to lambast Michael Moore (and call him a pig - often), I don't see a gender gap in attacks for strong political views. When I consider the things that have been said about Rush Limbaugh (which have in fact included "pig" -- frequently), Al Franken, Bill O'Reilly, Jerry Falwell and Al Sharpton, I think I'd have to conclude that unjustified, cruel, personal attacks are targetted towards men who express strong opinions just as much as they target women.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

So i'm watching AH and Stump says that ditz is "the dumbest person on tv". I knew it would eventually come.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by North OC Mom;2418042;
    Is it possible Joy set them up for a fight? She seemed pretty pissed the other day when Rosie seemed to suggest that her (Rosie's) being on the view was what might get them the Emmy. There really didn't seem much point for her to bring up Bush other than knowing it would start another Rosie, Elizabeth fight.

Very good point! I was thinking Joy would wait and do a real zinger towards Rosie if they did NOT win the Emmy.
    But maybe she did this now to insure NO emmy!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2418140;
    So i'm watching AH and Stump says that ditz is "the dumbest person on tv". I knew it would eventually come.
    What is AH? And if Stump is the Donald, he has already said that Rosie is the dumbest person on TV. He said that along with a ton of other insults when Ro did the comb over joke.

I think if they do win the Emmy this season for best host it will absolutely be because of Rosie's presence.
    She won't be the only reason, everyone plays their part, but in nine seasons they never got best host, if they do this year it has to be in large part due to the fact Rosie is there I would have thought.

I guess Trump has revised his opinion as to who is the dumbest person on tv now.
    He seems to deal fairly exclusively in insults.
    This comment about Elisabeth really is nothing compared to some of the things he said about Rosie.
    Elisabeth might regret her decision to bring him into the argument though.

+ Reply to Thread