+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1427Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fan

Re: The View

Okay, here goes. Just to note, I didn't write any of this, these are other people's recaps.

"It was pretty low key. Barbara really didn't do the whole "Everyone's fine" speech which was surprising, she really didn't say much about it. She did imply that she would have rather if that kind of personal business would have been off camera. She also flat out said that it was not done for ratings and I got the impression she was not happy with it at all. She also never implied that Rosie had the day off before. All she said was "Rosie asked for the day off and we gave it to her". Hot topics were boring. Kathy Griffin tried to stir things up but it didn't really work. People were uncomfortable. They also knew it was pre-empted and people were not watching.

KG also kept asking everyguest "By the way, Did you see Rosie and Elizabeth fight yesterday?" It was funny and pure Kathy.

While I was reading the recap, a poster asked this question

"Thanks for the synopsis,How did Joy and Bitsy look? Did they say anything about it, particularly Bits since she was directly involved?"

"Elisabeth was in perky manic mode and Joy seemed kinda down. It was weird and she did not like when Kathy kept on putting in her digs but honestly the camera was on BW and KG most of the time and didn't show much of the other two and they didn't say much. BW was the nicest I've ever seen her to KG which was weird. I really think she was not happy and I assume people got an earful from her but she was very low key and in professional mode.

They also knew that not a lot of people were watching though too."

And a different recapper added this:

"Kathy brought it during Hot Topics, today. So glad she was there. When Barbara said that Rosie had asked for the day off because it was Kelli's birthday, Kathy interrupted her and said, "Cut the crap, Barbara, and get to the good stuff." Then, Barbara tried to change the conversation to Kathy going to the American Idol finale. Kathy confirmed that she was went and then, immediately said, "Let's get back to yesterday!" Hee.

And this was the funniest exchange of all:

Barbara: I don't want to rehash yesterday.
    Kathy: I do.
    Barbara: Do you want to be on the show again?

I don't think she was joking. "
    Last edited by snarkattack; 05-24-2007 at 12:28 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

We won't get to see a replay of the the shows interrupted. Doesn't sound like we missed much.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2417247;
    But I'm not sure I'm willing to give Elisabeth a free pass for her part in the whole thing - both of them looked terrible after yesterday's blow up. That's the kind of fight that you have after the red lights on the cameras are all out (and quite frankly, out of the studio so there's no risk of it going public). There were at least two times during the whole thing that Joy and Sherri tried to change the topic / lighten things up / move the show along. In both of those, it was Elisabeth, not Rosie, who ignored the cues and kept it going. That's unprofessional. I think that both of them are deserving of a reprimand for the whole thing, and I would not place any more of the blame on one set of shoulders than I would the other.
    Precisely.
    Please lets not have this portrayed as 'big bad Rosie goes after poor little Elisabeth' again.
    They were both to blame.
    I still say Elisabeth has her eye on that moderator chair.
    I hope Babs has more sense than to let her take the seat.
    You need someone there who is capable of debate without getting completely overheated.
    Elisabeth showed yesterday when Joy started reading out her list that she is no more capable of that that Rosie.
    I'd say even less so.
    Rosie doesn't take criticism of Bill Clinton like a dagger to the heart.

On the "new co-hosts" front -- Amy Holmes is the GOP speech writer who was on a couple of weeks ago. I agree that she'd be a fabulous fabulous addition. If they add co-hosts Dancing With the Stars voting style, I'd give her the majority of my votes. I read today in Page Six that Campbell Brown (Weekend Today) is frustrated that NBC doesn't have a higher profile position to put her in right now, and has a contract expiring in June. Her name is not being floated for The View (that I've heard so far) but I think she'd be another great addition. She could be a replacement for Meredith / Rosie OR a replacement for Elisabeth. She's a bit older than Elisabeth, but she just got married to Dan Senor last year (which would give her an interest in defending both Fox News and the Bush admin ... not that spouses must think the same or have the same ideology, but she's at least not going to view those as horrible and evil) and there's likely a good chance that she'll be doing the whole having babies thing soon, which is always good for ratings.
    I'd love to see Elisabeth replaced.
    The audience voted her in, but she had a huge advantage over her competitors in that she still had face recognition from Survivor.
    I think Elisabeth can thank the fact that Babs is already looking for two new co-hosts and her sweeps-month delivery date for the fact she likely won't be looking for a new job over the summer.
    I think the fact that Rosie is leaving means both women will escape a reprimand, although both deserve one imo.
    Yes, Amy Holmes, I don't know why her name won't stick.
    She's cool and clam and seems very well-informed.
    She argues the facts with the type of cool-detatchment that screams professionalism.

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack;2417456;
    And this was the funniest exchange of all:

Barbara: I don't want to rehash yesterday.
    Kathy: I do.
    Barbara: Do you want to be on the show again?

I don't think she was joking. "
    That is absolutely hilarious. I can hear them saying it in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2417470;
    I'd love to see Elisabeth replaced.
    The audience voted her in, but she had a huge advantage over her competitors in that she still had face recognition from Survivor.

Yes, Amy Holmes, I don't know why her name won't stick.
    She's cool and clam and seems very well-informed.
    She argues the facts with the type of cool-detatchment that screams professionalism.
    Since I've never watched Survivor, I actually thought Theresa Strasser was the shoe in because of recognition as the host of While You Were Out. Amy Holmes has my vote, and I really agree that Elizabeth needs to be replaced. She is just too obstinate and brainwashed at this point to contribute anything positive, IMO. She is just the voice of stubborn ignorance on the show.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

FORT Fan

Here is another recap from someone who was actually in the audience yesterday from a different forum

"I've been lurking on this board for months and have never posted. But I was in the studio audience yesterday so I thought I'd share some of what took place.

EH did leave the set immediately after her argument with Rosie. She came back right before Alicia Silverstone's segment. The ladies were still fighting at the couch until right before they came back from commercial.

While the whole EH/Rosie fight was going on, the stage managers and producers were holding up signs telling them to wrap it up. The studio audience seemed to love it though, so they stopped with the signs. Janette (Rosie's producer) was audibly screaming "STOP!" at Rosie

Rosie and Helene (her hairstylist) were arguing about something during one of the commercials. I couldn't hear Helene's side of the argument because Rosie is much louder, but Rosie was saying something like "I know that! Do you think I don't know that?"

Rosie confirmed that Monday's show is taped. Someone asked when she would be getting a vacation, and she said she was excited about her 4-day (now 5-day) weekend.

There was supposed to be a "post-tape" after the live show, but I think it was rescheduled due to what happened.

A woman in the audience asked sort of a weird question. She started off telling Rosie she was a huge fan, but then she went on to say something about how people who fight should be educated, that Rosie should read a book, and that we should be united rather than divided.

One of the most exciting things - right before Alicia Silverstone came out, EH said "You called me a bigot on your blog!" to which Rosie replied, "No I didn't. Someone else did... and you don't read my stupid blog anyway," which confirms that her recent blog entry was indeed about EH.

Rosie and EH pretty much ignored each other during the commercials, such as right before the DWTS segment"
    Last edited by snarkattack; 05-24-2007 at 01:05 PM.

FORT Fogey

Upon further consideration, I think I'd like to see Amy Holmes added with Elisabeth still there. It would be fun to see how Elisabeth would respond when someone who she agreed with started holding her feet to the fire with how misguided some of her arguments to support her views can be.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2417529;
    Upon further consideration, I think I'd like to see Amy Holmes added with Elisabeth still there. It would be fun to see how Elisabeth would respond when someone who she agreed with started holding her feet to the fire with how misguided some of her arguments to support her views can be.
    Maybe having someone with the same views will help EH be more articulate when voicing her houghts.

Elisabeth seems to get annoyed when there is another person on the panel who even broadly agrees with her views.
    I actually think she enjoys being the only one fighting that corner.
    I've seen her become semi riled in the past with Jacque Reid because she's been better able to articulate the argument Elisabeth is trying to put forward.
    While Elisabeth immediately got flustered, Jacque simply stated the facts of a story.
    I don't necessarily think Jacque is Liberal or Conservative.
    I think she expresses herself in a way Elisabeth believes she does in her own mind.
    Calmly stating the facts as she sees them and more importantly as they actually are.

FORT Fogey

TmZ on Cnn stated that Rosie had the day off to celebrate her wife's 40th birthday.

I'm not a regular watcher of this show but I did watch it today because of what I heard about yesterday. (I'm on the West Coast). I thought the show was rather boring. BW did tell one story that was funny. She said she went to dinner last night and left her cell phone on her lap because she thought after yesterday someone might want to call her. (said very pointedly). She got a call later that night from her daughter saying she had heard every word of that dinner conversation. Oops Barbara, turn your cell phone off.

+ Reply to Thread