+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1540Likes

Thread: The View

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;2415433;
    Rosie needs to lump her detractors together. That, to me, is cowardly. Express a negative opinion of something she expressed her opinion of, means that person views her as a "fat lesbian". Excuse me Rosie, I find you insufferable, but it's your brain and your mouth I have a problem with, not your weight or your sexaul preference. I applaud Elizabeth for holding her own. The heat Rosie is taking because of her comment, she's trying to deflect to Elizabeth. For her to call Elizabeth a coward was ridiculous, and she should apologize publically for it on Friday's show.
    Amen, amen, amen!!!! If Elizabeth was such a coward, she wouldn't have the guts to stand all alone in her political views on a daily basis and take the heat the way she does. It's not easy to go against the grain everyday, yet she does. She did me proud yesterday not backing down from Rosie. Rosie looked quite rattled after the whole exchange. This thing was bound to come to a head and yesterday it finally did. Elizabeth made Rosie her little b*tch yesterday. Works for me.
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 05-24-2007 at 08:23 AM.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;2417201;
    Amen, amen, amen!!!! If Elizabeth was such a coward, she wouldn't have the guts to stand all alone in her political views on a daily basis and take the heat the way she does. It's not easy to go against the grain everyday, yet she does. She did me proud yesterday not backing down from Rosie. Rosie looked quite rattled after the whole exchange. This thing was bound to come to a head and yesterday it finally did. Elizabeth made Rosie her little b*tch yesterday. Works for me.
    Even though I am no fan of Elisabeth I have to agree with this post. Rosie said she is sick of being portrayed as a fat, lesbian on daily basis, when she states her "views" Although, Elisbaeth does NOT get the heat in the television media, like Rosie does, she does all over the internet. She is probably sick of being called an idiot, no talent, moron, and a ditz on daily basis. Doesn't Rosie think it gets to her as well?

For the amount of abuse Elisabeth takes, she isn't paid enough, imo.

Rosie is not the only victim.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack;2417240;
    Even though I am no fan of Elisabeth I have to agree with this post. Rosie said she is sick of being portrayed as a fat, lesbian on daily basis, when she states her "views" Although, Elisbaeth does NOT get the heat in the television media, like Rosie does, she does all over the internet. She is probably sick of being called an idiot, no talent, moron, and a ditz on daily basis. Doesn't Rosie think it gets to her as well?

For the amount of abuse Elisabeth takes, she isn't paid enough, imo.

Rosie is not the only victim.
    I agree with both of you (Snarkattack and beestunglips) that Rosie made herself look bad yesterday, and has no one to blame for that but herself. But I'm not sure I'm willing to give Elisabeth a free pass for her part in the whole thing - both of them looked terrible after yesterday's blow up. That's the kind of fight that you have after the red lights on the cameras are all out (and quite frankly, out of the studio so there's no risk of it going public). There were at least two times during the whole thing that Joy and Sherri tried to change the topic / lighten things up / move the show along. In both of those, it was Elisabeth, not Rosie, who ignored the cues and kept it going. That's unprofessional. I think that both of them are deserving of a reprimand for the whole thing, and I would not place any more of the blame on one set of shoulders than I would the other.

On the "new co-hosts" front -- Amy Holmes is the GOP speech writer who was on a couple of weeks ago. I agree that she'd be a fabulous fabulous addition. If they add co-hosts Dancing With the Stars voting style, I'd give her the majority of my votes. I read today in Page Six that Campbell Brown (Weekend Today) is frustrated that NBC doesn't have a higher profile position to put her in right now, and has a contract expiring in June. Her name is not being floated for The View (that I've heard so far) but I think she'd be another great addition. She could be a replacement for Meredith / Rosie OR a replacement for Elisabeth. She's a bit older than Elisabeth, but she just got married to Dan Senor last year (which would give her an interest in defending both Fox News and the Bush admin ... not that spouses must think the same or have the same ideology, but she's at least not going to view those as horrible and evil) and there's likely a good chance that she'll be doing the whole having babies thing soon, which is always good for ratings.
    Last edited by Veruka; 05-24-2007 at 09:28 AM.

FORT Fanatic

I just think Elisabeth was finally sick of getting a smack only to be shut down by Rosie or controlled when she wanted to finish a reply. She was forceful and decided to take a page from Rosies book and get her whole thought out there.

It is time that Rosie be held accountable for what she says. It is like a daily poke in America's eye when she speaks.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bandy;2417291;

It is time that Rosie be held accountable for what she says. It is like a daily poke in America's eye when she speaks.
    I actually think it says a lot that is good about America that she gets to speak each day and say what she says. As I see it, being free to speak your mind and do the job you were hired to do is far more beneficial to the country than getting caught up in petty arguments over things like who supports the troops (most everyone) or whether or not education is a good thing (well, duh!). I certainly want those who disagree with her to have the chance to challenge her views as well ... but I think the real poke in the eye of America would be silencing people just because some don't like what they're saying.

FORT Fan

You know its about 1 hour to show time and I can hardly wait. I have the dip and chips ready. Today's show is like the superbowl for people who watch daytime tv.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2417247;
    I agree with both of you (Snarkattack and beestunglips)
    I agree with both of you, too.

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack;2417300;
    You know its about 1 hour to show time and I can hardly wait. I have the dip and chips ready. Today's show is like the superbowl for people who watch daytime tv.
    Well, without Rosie on the show today it's not going to be worthy of chips and dip.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

but, Apolo and Julianne are supposed to be on.
    I'd rather watch for them than the drama
    * home sick from work today.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2417311;
    Well, without Rosie on the show today it's not going to be worthy of chips and dip.

Kathy will make up for it

+ Reply to Thread