+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree983Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Aargh! Yet another example of why I refuse to watch this show. I just saw the whole clip and am furious with Rosie. The initial comment she made that could've been construde as saying that our troops are terrorists is so one-sided. Okay, yeah. 650,000 Iraquis have died at our hands. But to answer Rosie's question about Elisabeth's comment about "our enemies in Iraq"...Elisabeth was trying to explain that the terrorist group responsible for attacking us was IN IRAQ! What about all the thousands of American soldiers who have lost their lives over there since this whole thing started? Okay. I'm not getting into a political debate. Perhaps once Big Mouth Rosie leaves the show, I will attempt to give it a shot again although I doubt it because Joy is just as bad. Once again another example of a celebrity who will say any offensive thing not care about the reprecussions of it. For Rosie to jump on Elisabeth for something that was her own doing is typical Rosie fashion. If Elisabeth really did give Rosie the opportunity to explain her initial comment (being construde as saying our troops are terrorists) and Rosie didn't want to look like an anti-American then why didn't she take that opportunity given her and explain herself? Good Riddence Rosie! Bring back Merideth and Starr! Okay. Rant over.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I lean more towards the Elizabeth views but I have always liked Rosie. But this bickering has to stop. Both of them are getting on my last nerve...Two things you should never talk about in a group setting is Politics and Religion... Everytime I watch this show, people are screaming and talking over each other and personally insulting each other. It's getting old and annoying.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

*sigh* I miss the Lisa Ling days. This train is out of control. I wonder how many prescription drugs WaWa popped today?
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

FORT Fogey

I just finished watching the show. I'm pretty sure that the reason for the fight was that hideous dress Elisabeth was wearing. Why is she auditioning Emmy dresses on the air?

I do want to defend Alicia Silverstone a bit. I don't think she was blowing off Elisabeth. From Elisabeth's reaction, I think she THOUGHT she was blown off, but I don't think that was Alicia's intent. Walking out to that show is difficult in the talk show world. Normally, you walk out to greet one host, maybe two. When you come out to four people and you're supposed to be in the middle, it is akward. She was walking out in a very akward moment, and there were two people on the stage she already knew (Rosie from being a guest on her previous show, and Sherri from doing a movie with her). She was drawn to the two of them first. Joy jumped in and put herself in place to greet her. Elisabeth just assumed she was being blown off. If Alicia was truly trying to blow her off, I don't think she would have talked with Elisabeth as animatedly as she did.

Lastly, I really really really think that Joy and Sherri deserve HUGE kudos for the way they conducted themselves during the fight. They both did a BEAUTIFUL job of trying to bring some fun back to the show and try to move on to something else. The two of them showed that they ARE pros.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2416065;
    Lastly, I really really really think that Joy and Sherri deserve HUGE kudos for the way they conducted themselves during the fight. They both did a BEAUTIFUL job of trying to bring some fun back to the show and try to move on to something else. The two of them showed that they ARE pros.
    I do agree!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2416065;
    I hope ABC hires Sherri Shepherd tomorrow! Better yet, they should call her tonight.

I was stunned to hear she took her husband back after he had an affair and fathered another child.
    Her son and stepson don't look to be too far apart in age either.
    A little hard to tell because her son was so premature and is probably still catching up to where he should be weight and height-wise for his age.

She's got a greater capacity to forgive than I would have.

I've been in favour of them hiring her in the past, but I'd like to see Jacque Reid and the woman who used to write speeches for Republican politicians (whose name never sticks in my memory) taken on.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2416479;
    I've been in favour of them hiring her in the past, but I'd like to see Jacque Reid and the woman who used to write speeches for Republican politicians (whose name never sticks in my memory) taken on.
    Last I checked, they need two new hosts. Sherry and that speechwriter (can't remember her name either) should both be brought on.

Reminder -- Kathy Griffin is guest hosting tomorrow (Thurs 5/24) and I'm sure she will have plenty of jokes about the whole fight. That's a must see in my book.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2415924;
    ...Elisabeth was trying to explain that the terrorist group responsible for attacking us was IN IRAQ!

If only that were true. That would make this war just slightly palatable. But it isn't, and everyone knows it.

Elizabeth is a total b!tch who cannot get past her daily schedule of FOX News and Dancing with the stars to deal with the fact that over 650,000 innocents have died from this illicit war. This is a murder of mass proportions, and there is not an ounce of compassion in this country if we do not acknowledge this.

Elizabeth has no thoughts of her own and makes a habit of regurgitating her "Faux News" pundit opinions on a daily basis. When confronted with facts that she cannot dispute her only resort is to act like a cornered rat.

It is a fact that more than 650,000 innocents have died from this ill conceived war and it is also a fact that this is mostly ignored by a very complicit American media. Rosie was very brave in pointing this out as it should be repeated over and over again until Americans understand the true consequence of this war. I am not surprised that the media, and some of you, have lambasted Rosie for pointing this fact out.

Elizabeth, to me, has been exposed for the Republican kiss ass she is. Do any of you really think that if a Democratic president had been responsible for this war that she would not be crucifying him/her? If she is truly concerned with terrorism, Why doesn't she demand that this administration go after Al-Qaeda where they are known to be? Everyone knows they are in Pakistan. Even the most brain-washed Republican idiot knows that.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

FORT Fan

I know its Kelly's birthday today and Rosie called off, but after reading her blog I don't think she is coming back at all. I think Rosie is a good person and although she got on my nerves at times, for the most part I liked her.

After yesterday's show think there is too much tension for her to come back.

Expect Barbara's hands to be waving all over the place today. I just hope she doesn't hit Joy

+ Reply to Thread