Like Tree1470Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by JR.;2415730;
    Here is Tim's salary from 02 - 05
    USATODAY.com

And according to NFL.com he's still on the Giants
    NFL.com - Tim Hasselbeck
    That is all he makes? I thought football players made more money that that? I mean much more than I could ever hope to make but it is not like millions like I assumed it would be!

Thanks, JR

I once read that she makes about $300,000 a year.
    Not bad for someone who works a few hours a day four days a week, but not anywhere close to what the other women on the panel get.
    That's not bad money for him either considering he's played two games for the Giants in two years.
    Admittedly he has to keep himself game-ready, but the chances of him seeing any action on the field are incredibly slim.

Jesus, look what his brother makes.

USATODAY.com
    Last edited by fluff; 05-23-2007 at 06:12 PM.

JR.

Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz;2415740;
    That is all he makes? I thought football players made more money that that? I mean much more than I could ever hope to make but it is not like millions like I assumed it would be!
    Yeah, that's it. He's third string, and only gets into games if the starter and back-up get hurt (I'm not counting preseason).

Fluff, his brother is actually good

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

I just saw a clip of the fight on the news. It was uncomfortable to watch. I mainly feel sorry for the little one Elisabeth is carrying. Poor thing was probably wondering what all the yelling was about and why mommy is so stressed. Rosie can be a bit of a bully and I don't often agree with Elisabeth, but getting into such a heated argument with a pregnant woman was hard to watch. Rosie has to know that stress can't be good for the baby. That stress could remain until Rosie leaves and that's not good for the little one. Not to mention it isn't professional at many jobs to get into that kind of shouting match on the job. I miss Meredith.

As for the argument itself. It was hard to decipher from the short clip I saw. It showed a lot interrupting and yelling over each other.

Quote Originally Posted by JR.;2415758;
    Yeah, that's it. He's third string, and only gets into games if the starter and back-up get hurt (I'm not counting preseason).

Fluff, his brother is actually good
    Good point

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JR.;2415730;
    Here is Tim's salary from 02 - 05
    USATODAY.com

And according to NFL.com he's still on the Giants
    NFL.com - Tim Hasselbeck

Overpaid.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2415763;
    I just saw a clip of the fight on the news. It was uncomfortable to watch. I mainly feel sorry for the little one Elisabeth is carrying. Poor thing was probably wondering what all the yelling was about and why mommy is so stressed. Rosie can be a bit of a bully and I don't often agree with Elisabeth, but getting into such a heated argument with a pregnant woman was hard to watch. Rosie has to know that stress can't be good for the baby. That stress could remain until Rosie leaves and that's not good for the little one. Not to mention it isn't professional at many jobs to get into that kind of shouting match on the job. I miss Meredith.

As for the argument itself. It was hard to decipher from the short clip I saw. It showed a lot interrupting and yelling over each other.
    It's really up to Elisabeth to think about her baby's health.
    It's not like she was just sitting there while Rosie yelled at her without mercy.
    She was yelling back, she actually started to get riled as soon as Joy began criticising Bush, well in advance of the argument with Rosie.
    If she can't listen to criticism of this adminsitration without instantly jumping on the defensive then she's going to continue having a hard time on this show, and in life in general.
    As I said earlier, she needs to stop taking criticism of the government so personally.

If Elisabeth is concerned about the health of her baby then she doesn't have to put up with the daily stress of appearing on the show, she could leave.
    It's not up to everyone else to pull back because they're dealing with a pregnant woman imo, it's up to the pregnant woman to protect the health of her child.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2415763;
    I miss Meredith.
    Me TOO!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I sure don't.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2415792;
    It's really up to Elisabeth to think about her baby's health.
    It's not like she was just sitting there while Rosie yelled at her without mercy.
    She was yelling back, she actually started to get riled as soon as Joy began criticising Bush, well in advance of the argument with Rosie.
    If she can't listen to criticism of this adminsitration without instantly jumping on the defensive then she's going to continue having a hard time on this show, and in life in general.
    As I said earlier, she needs to stop taking criticism of the government so personally.

If Elisabeth is concerned about the health of her baby then she doesn't have to put up with the daily stress of appearing on the show, she could leave.
    It's not up to everyone else to pull back because they're dealing with a pregnant woman imo, it's up to the pregnant woman to protect the health of her child.
    I agree, but I guess I would expect Rosie who I always thought of as being pro family and kids would remember that there is a third person involved in the debate.

The whole thing was just hard to me to watch, and the "catfight" label annoys me too. If it was two men it would have been a "heated debate" or "intense discussion." I see it is making all of the entertainment and news shows. I will have to check back here to see what happens tomorrow, since I'll be at work.

+ Reply to Thread