+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1551Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Newbie

Re: The View

That was very cruel of E to bring DT up ,and that is where I see who E really is ,only a mean spirited person brings something that they know has hurt you very much up .
    Ijust hope that does not bring that jerk out from under the rock he has been hiding.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Rosie needs to lump her detractors together. That, to me, is cowardly. Express a negative opinion of something she expressed her opinion of, means that person views her as a "fat lesbian". Excuse me Rosie, I find you insufferable, but it's your brain and your mouth I have a problem with, not your weight or your sexaul preference. I applaud Elizabeth for holding her own. The heat Rosie is taking because of her comment, she's trying to deflect to Elizabeth. For her to call Elizabeth a coward was ridiculous, and she should apologize publically for it on Friday's show. Rosie always has to make everything about her. I wish she would have just kept her trap shut about her situation, because I would have preferred a discussion about taking the reins out of the hands of that maniac.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;2415433;
    Rosie needs to lump her detractors together. That, to me, is cowardly. Express a negative opinion of something she expressed her opinion of, means that person views her as a "fat lesbian".
    I would take that a bit futher -- two of the things she brings to the show that I like the most are because she's fat, and a lesbian. I think it's very cool that she's decided to lose weight, and talks about the ups and downs of it on air. And I LOVE the fact that when she talks about relationship things with Kelli, it does not warrant much of any response from outside critics. Some may raise an eyebrow, but it's not anywhere close to the volume you hear when she says something controversial politically. I LOVE the fact that we've finally gotten to the place where a gay woman can engage in a sex talk with other women on TV, and people don't notice that she's talking about sex with a woman while the others are talking about sex with a man.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2415400;
    According to one of her strange poems on Rosie's blog she and Elisabeth have called a cease fire.
    She said she won't be on the show tomorrow because it's Kelli's birthday.
    I bet that's why.

I just watched a replay of the whole terrorist conversation on Youtube. Honestly, it is obvious that Rosie supports the troops and probably so does Elizabeth, but the way Rosie talked in circles, it did seem like she was insinuating that the US troops or, most probably, the government, were terrorists.

Here is what jumped at me (taken from the transcript Pugmug posted)
    HASSELBECK: But when you pose that question, what is the answer to the question? Who are the terrorists?

O’DONNELL: All I’m saying is, do you not think we've killed hundreds of thousands?

HASSELBECK: In the name of what?

O’DONNELL: Invading Iraq.

HASSELBECK: So are you then calling us terrorists?

O’DONNELL: There are pregnant women in Iraq just like you and I will speak for them and you.

HASSELBECK: They're not terrorists. They’re not terrorists. They’re nice women.

O’DONNELL: So we shouldn't be over there killing them.
    She probably worded it wrong and probably didn't mean to imply that the US were terrorists, but it should sounded to me like that is what she was saying. She never did answer the question Elizabeth asked: Who are you calling terrorists?

Sexy Longhorn Girl 21longhorngal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jessvegg;2415413;
    That was very cruel of E to bring DT up ,and that is where I see who E really is ,only a mean spirited person brings something that they know has hurt you very much up .
    Ijust hope that does not bring that jerk out from under the rock he has been hiding.
    You know he is sitting somewhere ready to make a comment on it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by 21longhorngal;2415462;
    And then he remembers that if he does, the reports are going to include mention of The Apprentice being kaput, so he just sits in frustration knowing that he has to keep his mouth shut for once.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by 21longhorngal;2415462;
    Maybe he will make a "surprise" appearance on tomorrows show
    Since Rosie will conveniently be gone.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2415444;
    I would take that a bit futher -- two of the things she brings to the show that I like the most are because she's fat, and a lesbian. I think it's very cool that she's decided to lose weight, and talks about the ups and downs of it on air. And I LOVE the fact that when she talks about relationship things with Kelli, it does not warrant much of any response from outside critics. Some may raise an eyebrow, but it's not anywhere close to the volume you hear when she says something controversial politically. I LOVE the fact that we've finally gotten to the place where a gay woman can engage in a sex talk with other women on TV, and people don't notice that she's talking about sex with a woman while the others are talking about sex with a man.
    Veruka, you didn't so much take that a step further, as a step sideways. I completely agree about having a gay woman on board, but the fact that she's gay has nothing to do with why a detractor may have a problem with her. Rosie apparently feels otherwise. Why? Because it's easy and she's a coward.

View's "Poor Little Elisabeth" Rips Rosie, Later Says, "I Am Fine" - Today's News: My Take | TVGuide.com

View's "Poor Little Elisabeth" Rips Rosie, Later Says, "I Am Fine"

Joy Behar had no idea what she was jump-starting. By reciting a (literal) list of the Bush administration's assorted black eyes — Abu Ghraib, "Brownie," Rummy, My Pet Goat and "nucular" included — The View's resident comedienne ignited a war of words on Wednesday's show between e-mail pals Rosie O'Donnell and Elisabeth Hasselbeck. It became clear that the shouting match was actually rooted in Liz's failure to succinctly denounce a recent allegation by right-wing pundits that Ro typified the U.S. troops in Iraq as "terrorists."

While not even the most detailed transcript would clarify what transpired, the exchange had Rosie at first fending off a squabble, saying the media (hi, there!) would spin it as, "Big, fat, lesbian, loud Rosie attacks innocent, pure, Christian Elisabeth." Soon enough, though, Ro would slam her fair-haired foe as a "double-speaker," and then the claws came out. Speaking to the issue truly at hand, Liz told Rosie to "defend your own thoughts" rather than rely on a cohost to stump for her. Looking to shirk the public's impression of her, Hasselbeck went on to say, "'Poor little Elisabeth' isn't poor little Elisabeth," and later shouted at Ro, "Do not call me a coward!"

A pal instantly IM'd me to say, "That's next year's Emmy tape."

I guess what I'm really getting at here is this: Are you Team Rosie or Team Elisabeth? Vote here.

UPDATE: Rosie has blogged about today's scrape, titled "cease fire"
    r blog » cease fire
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 05-23-2007 at 04:56 PM.

JR.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2415235;

Also, I think, although I'm not well-versed in football, that her husband might be an unrestricted free agent this season so he could possibly be on the move from New York.
    Here is Tim's salary from 02 - 05
    USATODAY.com

And according to NFL.com he's still on the Giants
    NFL.com - Tim Hasselbeck

+ Reply to Thread