+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2415302;
    FOX is already calling it a cat fight, and showing the clip.
    Every news outlet and gossip site is calling it a cat fight and showing it. That's because it was a cat fight, and at the level that controversial things that happen on other shows are "news", it IS news.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What do they call it when 2 men get into an intense argument?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2415321;
    What do they call it when 2 men get into an intense argument?
    I don't think they call it anything, but they report on it. Men don't have to get intense - just swear. It was reported when Cheney and Lehey got into it, and it was reported whenever McCain told another Senator ( can't remember who) last week to go do something that included and expletive.

News used to report on things that happened. Now, they do that, but they also report on what people are talking about ,even if it isn't news. People are talking about The View today (this thread is evidence of that) and so all news outlets are talking about it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2415309;
    She signed on for a year and if she stays until June she will have worked a year.
    I think BW was probably very reticent to offer her another contract, but considering the ratings are up since Rosie joined the panel I think it would be foolish of all involved with the contract talks at ABC to ignore the bottom line.
    Apparently she wanted one further year at $10m, they offered $30 million over three years.
    Whether that's true or not I don't know, but if it is it sounds like they wanted to keep her on.

ABC has more money and power than either Rosie or Barbara has. If ABC really wanted her to stay, she'd stay.

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2415346;
    ABC has more money and power than either Rosie or Barbara has. If ABC really wanted her to stay, she'd stay.
    Not if she doesn't want to

They can't force her to stay if she doesn't want to.

None of us is privy to the details of the contract negotiations.
    Just because they have more money doesn't mean ABC can say "you have to stay" anymore than she can say "you have to pay me X amount".

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2415351;
    Not if she doesn't want to

They can't force her to stay if she doesn't want to.

None of us is privy to the details of the contract negotiations.
    Just because they have more money doesn't mean ABC can say "you have to stay" anymore than she can say "you have to pay me X amount".
    I agree, but she is leading the public to believe she wanted to stay but ABC did not want to meet her demands. IF they REALLY wanted her, they would meet her demands!

We see it all the time in sitcom/movie stars and sports stars.

it's not often that I get to see much of the View because it's on while my kiddos are eating lunch (and I have to make sure no one chokes) ... it would be nice if Lil Lizzy would once in a while LOL
    It seemed to me that Elizabeth lost her temper today, yelling and screaming. For Rosie, not so much. Rosie is loud to begin with but E was shrill and she was actually mean and petty bringing up Dump Truck.
    I laughed my butt off when Joy said "go to commerical! who is directing this show anyway?"

I was thinking; how do you top Rosie? What will become of the View? Will it go back to the mundane 'safe' 'girly' topics it used to discuss? What a let down!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't see Rosie being one willing to "$ell her $oul". There is also the practice of "highballing"...when you price yourself out of a range where you know folks would be willing to go.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Sexy Longhorn Girl 21longhorngal's Avatar

The look on Rosie face when Liz brought up Trump was priceless.

According to one of her strange poems on Rosie's blog she and Elisabeth have called a cease fire.
    She said she won't be on the show tomorrow because it's Kelli's birthday.

+ Reply to Thread