+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1384Likes

Thread: The View

  1. #1891
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8,164

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2415116;
    I agree, but I think the reason Rosie got so upset with Elisabeth is purely because she wouldn't support her as a friend when she obviously knows Rosie doesn't think the troops are terrorists.
    If I was on the show I'd have said to Rosie, "do you mean...?" as a way of clarifying her point.
    Obviously that's not Elisabeth's job, it's not her responsibility to try to dig Rosie out of a hole, but personally I'd have done it.
    I think Rosie would have done it for Elisabeth.
    I'd have done it for Elisabeth if she was my friend too, knowing the beating she was taking in some sections of the media.
    I think Rosie just felt betrayed by Elisabeth's lack of support.
    I actually think it went beyond that.
    Elisabeth thought she was giving Rosie the opportunity to clarify her comments, but it didn't really come off that way yesterday to me.

    I think the argument today and the tension yesterday is purely because Rosie feels Elisabeth would rather take the side of people who seek to spin and misrepresent her comments than back up a friend and Elisabeth did nothing to show that isn't the case.
    It's not about what you do or don't believe politically, it's about supporting a friend.
    I think Rosie was very hurt by Elisabeth's lack of public support and judging by something she said during the argument (paraphrasing, but it was something like 'haven't I always come to you when you were upset?') it sounds as though there might not have been much support offered in private either.

    I did find it amusing when Elisabeth said 'I'm all about facts' today.
    That's not strictly true is it now, Elisabeth?
    Just like most people, you're all about the facts that support your argument.

    I think that you've likely nailed it regarding the source of Rosie's frustration. But again, I think that is a consequence of her actions. Do you think that Elisabeth considered Rosie to be acting as a friend when she told her she was going to have to learn how to ask questions and not give her opinions in an on-air reprimand? Or when she told her she was just too young, and would mature and change her mind as she experienced more of life? Or when she told her she could not hold two concepts at the same time?

    Friendship is a two way street. I think it's fair to say that both women have let the other one down.

  2. #1892
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    driving ballet carpool
    Posts
    465

    Re: The View

    I was actually proud of Elizabeth today. She gave Rosie a dose of her own medicine and she was very clear in her opinions and facts. Rosie wanted a yes or no response on a previous show and today. She wanted an answer her way as always and Elizabeth wanted to answer how she felt and it wasn't a definitive yes or no. Elizabeth was trying as a friend to tell her sometimes when you make statments I can see how they are misunderstood whether I believe them or not so here we are clarify yourself.

    Rosie wants it her way all the time and if it isn't then it is wrong and she is a bully about it. Elizabeth might be firm and unwavering in her opinions but she doesn't call names or make it personal until today when she absolutely made her feelings very clear and called Rosie on her crap.

    Elizabeth also makes a very good point when she says I make my feelings known very clearly everyday in what is a pretty hostile arena to her views. She is the lone voice in her arena and she it the youngest as well as has been stated here the least known therefore probably the most in jeopardy of losing her job or being replaced if BW or others don't like her. For Rosie to call her a coward was a joke.

    I may not like how she presents her views most of the time but she isn't poor little Elizabeth and she made that a point today.

    Joys list WAS stupid. To bring up that GW finished reading to a very young group of children after the 911 attack was so stupid. She had a couple of arguable points at best.

    Rosie looked like she had been slapped the rest of the show. If she was hurt by Elizabeth the other day then they should have hashed it out behind stage and not brought it out how it was today. I would love to know what was going on during the breaks and right after.

    Again Elizabeth was right in spirit if she doesn't want to be portrayed as some bully then don't be one and be accountable for your thoughts and the things you say.

  3. #1893
    I HATE You! Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    5,286

    Re: The View

    people keep saying "it's not political" but when Rosie says stuff like "your republican crap" how can it not be

    i don't care for either, i just like the fights...

    if Rosie's partner is a stonch republican/conservative i wonder how they put up with each other because i can't see her tolerating another persons opinion

    she's never heard of agreeing to disagree?

    i've never seen blondie make it personal towards Rosie, it was always argueing her side (which is the point of the show, right?)

    another hippocritical statement "Elisabeth why are you giving me an opportunity like i'm a kid" (something like that) when she talks down to her sounding out words and tells her she's only 30, etc

    btw, everytime there is a View blowup it's on all news stations, Showbiz tonite, jimmy kimmel, etc I'm guessing Rosie will be on tomorrow saying she was misrepresented and attacked on Fox and BW will be playing damage control

    lol, it was kinda silent there for a minute when the exchange was happening... wished they would have quickly panned to the audience to see the reaction.




  4. #1894
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8,164

    Re: The View

    One more thing about the friendship aspect of this whole Elisabeth / Rosie issue ... I think that Rosie is placing a standard on Elisabeth there that is unrealistic and unfair. She made the connection yesterday that Elisabeth watches these programs, therefore she is supporting all that they say on them - even after Elisabeth said that she had not seen Fox over the weekend because she was with her brother. It's simply not true nor a fair connection to make to pretend that everyone who views a program or network agrees with everything said on it. How could it be that way? Where are two peopl who totally agree with each other on every issue?

    Rosie is making a HUGE (and false) leap to pretend that just because Elisabeth watches Fox News that she agrees with every word uttered on the network (which would be next to impossible given that she watches both Hannity and Colmes ... or that the network employees both Geraldo and O'Reilly).

  5. #1895
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2415124;
    I think that you've likely nailed it regarding the source of Rosie's frustration. But again, I think that is a consequence of her actions. Do you think that Elisabeth considered Rosie to be acting as a friend when she told her she was going to have to learn how to ask questions and not give her opinions in an on-air reprimand? Or when she told her she was just too young, and would mature and change her mind as she experienced more of life? Or when she told her she could not hold two concepts at the same time?

    Friendship is a two way street. I think it's fair to say that both women have let the other one down.
    I agree completely.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogg
    people keep saying "it's not political" but when Rosie says stuff like "your republican crap" how can it not be
    I take your point, but I don't think the essence of the fight was political.
    They weren't arguing about politics, imo.
    That's not how the fight started.

    One thing that I think Elisabeth needs to work on, and I fully admit there are many things Rosie needs to work on, but she's leaving the show and Elisabeth is not, is to not take criticism of George Bush and the Republican party so personally.
    When Joy said Bush sat reading the book goat book for seven minutes after the first hit on the Trade Centre, Elisabeth's point was a solid one, imo, i.e. should he have panicked the kids?
    She was already bristling at that point.
    It can't be easy being the only person on the panel day in day out who thinks the way she does, but I think she should try not to take criticism of politicians personally.
    If Joy makes a comment like she has in the past, "I don't understand how anyone can still support this administration", then that is personal and either directly or indirectly levelled at her.

    I think for someone who has little to no media training Elisabeth has done pretty well on the show and has mananged to maintain her composure after the one little hiccup with the card tearing.
    Last edited by fluff; 05-23-2007 at 01:05 PM.

  6. #1896
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,015

    Re: The View

    Rosie got let down by BW (regarding the Trump feud), and now by Elisabeth...can't help but wonder if Rosie has "checked out" with this second disappointment. I sure hope not, but I wouldn't be surprised. I sure hope that she doesn't vacate for her last few weeks.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  7. #1897
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2415162;
    Rosie got let down by BW (regarding the Trump feud), and now by Elisabeth...can't help but wonder if Rosie has "checked out" with this second disappointment. I sure hope not, but I wouldn't be surprised. I sure hope that she doesn't vacate for her last few weeks.
    I think Barbara really let her down with the Trump argument.
    She didn't even offer her private support apparently, let alone public.
    She eventually made a comment about Trump "that poor pathetic man' after he repeatedly said Barbara regretted hiring Rosie and attributed some unflattering comments about Rosie to Barbara, but it was a long time coming.

    I hope Rosie doesn't leave, but I think she might.
    I don't think Elisabeth ever will, no matter how uncomfortable things get because I don't think she would have as many options open to her outside of this show.
    Even though her husband is a professional sportsman and probably brings in a good salary he's third string at best on the Yankees and his salary can't be in the superstar leagues.
    I think in his entire professional career he hasn't played more than a dozen games in the NFL.
    I imagine they need both wages to maintain their lifestyle particularly in New York.
    Of course if something were to happen where she needed to give up her job she would, but I don't think she'd do so voluntarily, particularly not with Rosie leaving.
    Rosie has enough money that she can walk away from this at any time and not even notice her salary has stopped coming in.
    Last edited by fluff; 05-23-2007 at 01:22 PM.

  8. #1898
    I HATE You! Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    5,286

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2415176;
    [b]I don't think Elisabeth ever will, no matter how uncomfortable things get because I don't think she would have as many options open to her outside of this show.
    Even though her husband is a professional sportsman and probably brings in a good salary he's thirds string at best on the Yaness and his salary can't be in the superstar leagues.
    I think in his entire professional career he hasn't played more than a dozen games in the NFL.
    I iamgine they need both wages to maintain their lifestyle particularly in New York.
    Rosie has enough money that she can walk away from this at any time and not even notice her salary has stopped coming in.
    her husband is broke...football players are the worst pro athletes to be moneywise...no guaranteed contracts plus the fact that he's is a dime a dozen player back up third stringer

    Elisabeth would be able to get a job now... her face has been on the tube for some years now and she is a young blonde girl.

    she is non threatening, so she could get on a HGTV/Style type show or the dreaded Fox News

    she parlayed her 15 reality show minutes to daily tv and now has a little experience.




  9. #1899
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8,164

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2415149;

    One thing that I think Elisabeth needs to work on, and I fully admit there are many things Rosie needs to work on, but she's leaving the show and Elisabeth is not, is to not take criticism of George Bush and the Republican party so personally.
    When Joy said Bush sat reading the book goat book for seven minutes after the first hit on the Trade Centre, Elisabeth's point was a solid one, imo, i.e. should he have panicked the kids?
    She was already bristling at that point.
    It can't be easy being the only person on the panel day in day out who thinks the way she does, but I think she should try not to take criticism of politicians personally.
    If Joy makes a comment like she has in the past, "I don't understand how anyone can still support this administration", then that is personal and either directly or indirectly levelled at her.

    I think for someone who has little to no media training Elisabeth has done pretty well on the show and has mananged to maintain her composure after the one little hiccup with the card tearing.
    I think you're absolutely right! Politically, I agree with Elisabeth on most issues. But I can still laugh at some of the Bush jokes Joy and other crack -- they're funny! Laughing at a joke about someone does not mean you don't support that person. I think Elisabeth would be more effective in her job if she'd just lighten up and recognize it's just talking and being silly some of the time is okay.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;2415212;
    her husband is broke...football players are the worst pro athletes to be moneywise...no guaranteed contracts plus the fact that he's is a dime a dozen player back up third stringer

    Elisabeth would be able to get a job now... her face has been on the tube for some years now and she is a young blonde girl.

    she is non threatening, so she could get on a HGTV/Style type show or the dreaded Fox News

    she parlayed her 15 reality show minutes to daily tv and now has a little experience.
    I think that if she became available, Fox would pick her up quickly to be a co-host on Fox and Friends. I think that the brass at Fox know that Gretchen Carlson is not doing as well in that job as ED Hill did, and would be open to making a change. In many ways, I think that Elisabeth's guest hosting gig there a couple of weeks ago was an audition.
    Last edited by Veruka; 05-23-2007 at 01:33 PM.

  10. #1900
    FORT Fogey VanJagSol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    1,116

    Re: The View

    Yeah wow! That was bad. Elisabeth throwing in the Donald thing. I think they both were so mad they were about to be in tears. I too couldn't believe they didn't go to commercial. I saw Rosie get up as they went to commercial headed to the producer it seemed.

    I noticed Alicia didn't hug E. But I didn't think it was rude, E said something about being sorry and she kinda nodded.

    I am sure this will be all over AOL, ET, IE, and everything else.

    I wonder why Rosie is now saying she won't argue with E anymore. She really has nothing to lose does she? I guess future wise on another show maybe. I love how Joy volunteered to do it.

    I think they both have good and bad points about their opinions.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.