+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1370Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

That transcript is certainly missing quite a few of Elizabeth's comments. Yes, jessvegg, Elizabeth said on a couple of different occasions "fair and balanced........" And where is her comment about which shows she got her news from... in particular Hannity and Colmes because she likes their debates, etc? that's not a complete transcript at all.

And yes, Rosie's point appears to be that Elizabeth believes every last thing that appears on FoxNews... and how can she do so when this is the same station that deliberately twists what Rosie says. So how can Elizabeth understand that the Rosie comments are distorted and misguided but not recognize that all of the other comments might be, too.
    Last edited by Broadway; 05-22-2007 at 10:48 PM.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey

Here is the rest of that transcript:

HASSELBECK: I watch all cable news, number one. I watch all of the, because that's part of my job and as an American citizen I try to broaden as many concepts as possible by watching all those news programs, okay. I do, obviously, like, like certain shows. I'll throw them out if you want me to. Like "Hannity and Colmes," they're one of my favorites, because they hold debates [applause] They hold debates on that show and I think that is, that is like what we do here only, you know, we have four women. And I think it's special here. But to say that, you know, someone can't hold two thoughts at the same time just because I believe in terrorism when there are Democrats out there running for office who don’t want to believe in terrorism and they want to treat it like the boogeyman. How are they going to protect us from something--

O’DONNELL: I think that you’re treating it like the boogeyman. I think they've used it to polarize people. They’ve used it--

WALTERS: There are people, there are jihadists whose life work and will die for it, is primarily to attack the west.

O’DONNELL: Right. And so when Ron Paul says why is that? Do we have any role in that Barbara? Why is that? He's asking the question.

WALTERS: We can go back to the mistakes we made in the beginning of the war, and we have to learn from that, and we have to learn from them. But that does not mean that there is a whole body of jihadists not, not necessarily Muslim, you can not say that, of jihadists whose, whose life and death is wiping out the west.

O’DONNELL: But they're not innocent civilians in Iraq. There are innocent civilians in Iraq.

WALTERS: But they’ve killed innocent civilians other places. What is happening in Iraq, I think everybody believes is horrific and we don't know how to get out of it. But that does not mean that there are not jihadists, terrorists, who are out to harm us and we must be aware of it.

BEHAR: That's right.

[Applause]

FORT Newbie

It was a long conversation .If you want to see the whole thing it's up on you tube .Yes I do think Elizabeth thought she was being funny with her Fand B comment .

MRD

Michael Crichton wrote an excellant book called State of Fear and a lot of what Rosie is saying is covered in that book.

The object of Terrorists is to terrorize and if we let them terrorize us, they've won. If we let TPTB throw out the word nightly on the news and cable shows then they are furthering the "terror" that the terrorists want us to have.

After 9/11 so many people I knew were cancelling vacation plans and doing such weird stuff and I kept saying: you're letting them win if you are going to live in fear because that is exactly THEIR point. They want us to live in fear.

I like that BW used Jihadists instead of terrorists. I wish more people would switch and more tv shows would get off the subject and politicians too. The election is just going to make us even more scared than we need to be as they scare us into voting for someone over someone else because of the "protection" factor.

Read state of fear. It's got a very interesting premise.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2414688;
    Michael Crichton wrote an excellant book called State of Fear and a lot of what Rosie is saying is covered in that book.

The object of Terrorists is to terrorize and if we let them terrorize us, they've won. If we let TPTB throw out the word nightly on the news and cable shows then they are furthering the "terror" that the terrorists want us to have.

After 9/11 so many people I knew were cancelling vacation plans and doing such weird stuff and I kept saying: you're letting them win if you are going to live in fear because that is exactly THEIR point. They want us to live in fear.

I like that BW used Jihadists instead of terrorists. I wish more people would switch and more tv shows would get off the subject and politicians too. The election is just going to make us even more scared than we need to be as they scare us into voting for someone over someone else because of the "protection" factor.

Read state of fear. It's got a very interesting premise.
    I personally DON'T know of anyone who "lives in fear"

most people I see act like 911 never happened because to be honest people have short attention spans and if it didn't just happen or you didn't directly lose a family member(s) then i think it's not on MOST peoples mind.

if you consider extra airport security, or people being more aware than they used to be etc. "living in fear". Then i guess we are "living in fear"

is the word "terrorists" (it's just a word which refers to people commiting acts of "terror') not politically correct anymore? Alot of things that go on now people act like the GWB admin invented it. Why should people use the word "jihadists" instead (we all know whom it is referring); i would actually think this term would be more offensive to some people since it would only be referring to a certain religion.

bottom line, back to Rosie vs. Elisabeth... i just find it interesting that regardless of political view only a couple of the post i seen regarding that episode acknowleged that Rosie was wrong for making it personal, it's always what "Elisabeth, bitsy, idiot" did.

-----

I am waiting patiently for Joy and Rosie to have a real fight before she goes off...this would be excellent

Joy was trying to instigate on that same episode w the Emmy talk, but BW stopped it.

i thi9nk Joy is waiting for the right moment to bring it up again. Maybe when it's Emmy time or close Rosie will open up the subject and it will go down. The DVR will be waiting.

Like or hate her, Rosie turned the View from a boring tea party into an edge of your seat viewing experience, and somtimes I cringed at some of the things she said, but there is absolutley no way she was fired. Ratings were up 15 to 20 percent, and ABC is a corporation that cares about profits first, and selling ad space. I like Elizabeth too, even though I think she's living in a bit of a fantasy world. The show won't be the same, and I probably won't watch next season.

Wow, Rosie and Elizabeth are really going at each other today. Despite what they say, this not a friendly fight. They are discussing their friendship in this argument. It's quite ugly and just wouldn't end.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Sexy Longhorn Girl 21longhorngal's Avatar

Ok who is watching it right now they are going at it today. Elizabeth is pissed off. Rosie is a total b!tch.

Sexy Longhorn Girl 21longhorngal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by muggle;2414988;
    Wow, Rosie and Elizabeth are really going at each other today. Despite what they say, this not a friendly fight. They are discussing their friendship in this argument.

I am looking at it too. Wow they are really going at it. I missed it the other day but Rosie is saying that if Elizabeth was her friend should have defended her.

WOW...i never saw a debate SO HEATED on this show between Rosie and Elizabeth. WOW...the venom really showed. I have to admit though, Elizabeth would not answer Rosie's question when she asked for a simple answer to whether Elizabeth thought Rosie thought our troops were terrorists..Elizabeth talked in circles, IMO. I do agree with Rosie about this war, though. I give her kudos for sticking to her convictions on this war.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

+ Reply to Thread