+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1532Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

MRD, I honestly believe that you have perfectly described both Elizabeth and Rosie in what you have said. Both of them spend a great deal of time spouting off about crap they know nothing about. I giggle when those two get into political discussions, because they both put their ignorance so prominently on display. I agree that Elizabeth will attack based on party, but I have to say -- Rosie attacks based on party as well.

To me, there is a key difference between the two (and one that makes me give Elizabeth a little more slack). Rosie will not hesitate to go for the personal attack on anyone who disagrees with her. We saw it yesterday in the "can't you hold two concepts at the same time" as well as her attacking Elizabeth for daring to watch programs that say bad things about Rosie. I think that the reason Barbara circled the wagons so quickly is that she didn't like seeing one co-host personally insulting another. I'd also say that considering the level of that slap in the face from Rosie, Elizabeth handled it pretty darn well.

I'm just waiting for the day that Joy feels free to really speak her mind about Rosie. It's evident every time that Rosie tries to credit herself for everything good about the show that Joy is beyond offended at the notion that it was a crap show for 9 years, and then Rosie came along and saved it. I think she is totally justified in that reaction. I hope, for Joy, Barbara, and Elizabeth's sake that they don't win an Emmy this year.

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack;2409662;
    I have liked Rosie most of the time while she has been on "the view" but lately she is starting to irk me as well. I think she is just going for "shock value" and it works better on radio or cable tv, then on the ABC network TV.

I think what really bothered me was when she started with Ellen, she started false rumors that Ellen has a clause in her contract that she can't talk about her sexuality or her lifestyle on her daytime show. She didn't even get the facts straights(no pun intended), and after she did she apologized. But everyone knows how the net is, people made a big deal about it on certain gossip sites, webblogs etc etc. Rosie is the one who has a clause about chopping her hair off. She is just looking fights.

I didn't't hear the male nanny thing, because I wans't home, but I babysit for a single mom and I think I relate really well with the little boy. He really seems to like me and like him. He's 5. His father is a drunk(not in the picture) and his stepdad is a loser! It really does seem very hyprocritcal in a sort of indirect way when she did a show on adopting and had 2 gay men on who were partners & who had adopted.

Another thing that really irked me at the beginning of the season is when she had the people on from "big brother" she treated Mike like "crap" but she couldn't be nicer to Janelle and Erika. Rosie seems to be a big fan of reality tv and did she not forget that Erikia made racially insensitive comments about another contestant on a previous. But besides that no one on that show played nicely. Its a mean spirited show. Its kind of rude to invite someone on a show and then insult them, well I guess not for Rosie(Tom Selleck)

Rosie is a major hyprocrite and only plays by her rules. I have had enough of her now. But she will be gone soon enough. Unfortunately, some network will pick her up.

Boogie deserved to be treated like crap! He is crap. I don't like Erika but he totally used her. THe things he said about her after sleeping with her was disgusting!

Oh and Rosie has been getting on my nerves lately. Seems like she has the "big head" now. She starting to think she is all that and a bag of chips. I think she is upset because ABC did not meet her demands OR because she was gently pushed out the door. Remember they were willing to allow Star to lie and say that she decided to move on (before she let it all out of the bag early) so I would not put it past them to allow Rosie to save face.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2411839;

Rosie will not hesitate to go for the personal attack on anyone who disagrees with her. We saw it yesterday in the "can't you hold two concepts at the same time" as well as her attacking Elizabeth for daring to watch programs that say bad things about Rosie. I think that the reason Barbara circled the wagons so quickly is that she didn't like seeing one co-host personally insulting another. I'd also say that considering the level of that slap in the face from Rosie, Elizabeth handled it pretty darn well.

I'm just waiting for the day that Joy feels free to really speak her mind about Rosie. It's evident every time that Rosie tries to credit herself for everything good about the show that Joy is beyond offended at the notion that it was a crap show for 9 years, and then Rosie came along and saved it. I think she is totally justified in that reaction. I hope, for Joy, Barbara, and Elizabeth's sake that they don't win an Emmy this year.
    I was shocked when Rosie said that to Elisabeth! That was completely out of order and unnecessary. And then she began to browbeat her about watching the shows that spoke negatively about Rosie...like it was Elisabeth's fault. And, truthfully, I just hope Joy zings her for taking credit for the show being so much better (which, to a certain extent, is probably true) before she gets away. Joy has definitely come close, but has restrained herself. Joy can go "heads up" with Rosie, but I don't think Elisabeth is able to do that yet. Being on this show is good for Elisabeth...she is learning skills that will serve her well later. I think she'll be a force to be reckoned with by the time she is 40.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think Rosie and Elisabeth are very much alike, both seem entirely closed off to the opposing argument.
    Elisabeth is more polite in that she rarely goes for the personal attack and when she does she's not as cutting as Rosie is, but she's just as guilty as Rosie of not listening to the other side.
    Elisabeth will often sit quite patiently while the other view point is being expressed, but she really is just waiting for her chance to speak, she's not listening to the alternate view, she's already made up her mind, just as Rosie has.

I also think Elisabeth is very conscious not to do anything that might jepardize her job. None of her behaviour has come close to the time that she cried and ripped up her cards on screen after Barbara told her to learn how to debate in a less hysterical manner (not her exact words).
    I don't think she has a lot of other career opportunities waiting in the wings.

Rosie and Elisabeth clearly do get on when they aren't discussing politics.
    I don't think Rosie can understand how her friend can watch and even champion shows that so badly and intentionally misrepresent comments that she makes.
    It's quite evident that Rosie is very much a supporter of the troops.
    She's been to visit wounded troops and has made fund raising for them her priority after giving up the battle with gun control.

The show needs an entire overhaul imo.
    Barbara needs to go, Elisabeth needs to go too and be replaced by someone with a calmer demeanor and a better ability to argue their corner.
    I can't recall her name, but I like the woman who used to write speeches for Republicans and who tried the Jewish online dating service.

MRD

Rosie was out of line in what she said to Elizabeth, but Elizabeth is such an obnoxious, ignorant little twit, that I was glad someone finally said to her what I think. She isn't capable of holding 2 concepts at one time because she is so onesided. Not that Rosie isn't onesided either, but I think given the chance, Rosie would actually open her mind a bit more than Elizabeth EVER would. Elizabeth's mind is closed as tight as a steel trap.

And I think Joy's pissed that Rosie thinks she's the reason they will win an Emmy this year and I don't blame Joy for thinking that.

Rosie does get full of herself, but she is a very altruistic person in her charitable givings. And I think she does it solely from the heart. When I hear Elizabeth say anything charitable, it seems calculated to make her look as good as possible and not given in the spirit of charity.

The world is not always black and white, there are always shades of gray and hearing another's opinion should give you pause to think about their point of view, before you open your mouth and spout off. You should stop and consider what's been said, because it has value too, just as we all think our own opinions have value. The more information you get on subjects and the more opinions you listen too, may in turn change your own perspective on the topic (or it may not). But shutting your mind automatically to something or someone that you have pre-judged is not only ignorant, but dangerous.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2412135;
    she began to browbeat her about watching the shows that spoke negatively about Rosie
    She wasn't browbeating her about that. Elizabeth was going on about how Fox news is unbiased in its reporting and she believes what they report. And Rosie retorted that she must then believe what Fox News reported about her (Rosie) in that same broadcast to which Elizabeth took offense. I'm with Rosie on that argument.

I must say I really enjoy all the little arguments those two get into. Both are extremely self-centered and opinionated people who seem to be on different sides of nearly every issue. I happen to agree with most of what Rosie says (minus the majority of her conspiracy theories) and find Elizabeth to be incredibly naive. I don't always agree with Rosie's approach to things though but whatever she says it usually tends to be entertaining. And most of the time I'd love to slap Elizabeth upside the head (and Barbwa too these days, we really should start a fund to help her get her lips removed from the bottoms of the "very good friends" she always has to defend).

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I find Elizaditz so exhausting.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by helpmeturnitoff;2413179;
    She wasn't browbeating her about that. Elizabeth was going on about how Fox news is unbiased in its reporting and she believes what they report. And Rosie retorted that she must then believe what Fox News reported about her (Rosie) in that same broadcast to which Elizabeth took offense."
    Here is the transcript. I don't see the part where "Elizabeth was going on about how Fox news is unbiased in its reporting and she believes what they report.

O’DONNELL: Did you watch what they said about me? Did you watch them this weekend? They said Rosie O'Donnell thinks our troops are terrorists. What do you think about that?

JOY BEHAR: They said something like that on MSNBC.

O’DONNELL: Did you watch it?

ELISABETH HASSELBECK: I didn’t watch it this weekend. No, I wasn’t here this weekend. I was in Boston with my brother.

O’DONNELL: But you were here when we talked about it.

HASSELBECK: Yes

O’DONNELL: So do you think that, that's what I was saying in that conversation?

HASSELBECK: They're referring to --

O’DONNELL: No here’s what they said. They said Rosie O'Donnell thinks our troops are terrorists.

HASSELBECK: That's because you asked the question who are the terrorists if 650,000 Iraqis are dead, after we came in there and invaded a sovereign nation. I’m just trying to--

O’DONNELL: That was the conversation.

HASSELBECK: Maybe that they drew the link there.

O’DONNELL: They drew the link, or they misrepresented what I said in order to twist it to make it seem what they want.

[Applause]

HASSELBECK: What is the, what is the– No, so, so I would clarify it for them now because you have the opportunity. What– because I did read that a lot of people were thinking you said that. Answer your own question, then.

O’DONNELL: Okay, I’ll say it a million times. I just think it's interesting that the network you support takes such joy in twisting my words and distorting them. I do not think our American troops are terrorists. I want our American troops home, able-bodied. [applause] I don't want them to invade countries that have done nothing to the- us. I don't want them to die at the hands of a Republican administration that doesn't care enough about them to give them health care when they return. I love our troops and will work for our troops and no matter what you say [bleeped out] I– and that's the truth. Change it around as you like.

[Applause]

HASSELBECK: But when you pose that question, what is the answer to the question? Who are the terrorists?
    BARBARA WALTERS: Can I just say something? Because I listened the other day. And I think that sometimes you're confusing the word "terrorists," because you said "who are terrorists" implying they could be us. What you really mean, I think, is jihadists. We are talking about a particular group of people.

O’DONNELL: I'm talking about a word, "terrorism," that the administration has used to terrify this country. They're terrorizing Americans by using the word "terror" and taking away or civil liberties.

HASSELBECK: All countries, all nations use the word "terrorist" to describe those which would use the name of Allah will blow someone else up, will blow children up. Those are jihadist, those are extremists--

WALTERS: Those are jihadists.

HASSELBECK: –Islamists who are trying to use their religion to justify killing hundreds of thousands. But when you ask--

[moderate applause]

O’DONNELL: All I’m saying is, do you not think we've killed hundreds of thousands?

HASSELBECK: In the name of what?

O’DONNELL: Invading Iraq.

HASSELBECK: So are you then calling us terrorists?

O’DONNELL: No, I just said it, Elisabeth. Are you not able to hold two concepts at once?

HASSELBECK: I can hold more than two, actually. I can hold more than two if you'd like me to. I would like you to hold the idea that there are people out there named terrorists --

O’DONNELL: There are pregnant women in Iraq just like you and I will speak for them and you.

HASSELBECK: They're not terrorists. They’re not terrorists. They’re nice women.

O’DONNELL: So we shouldn't be over there killing them.

WALTERS: That's different story than saying that Americans are terrorists.

O’DONNELL: But I didn't say it. You know who said it? Those crappy cable shows said it. The ones Elisabeth watches. Those shows

[boos]

FORT Newbie

I think Elizabeth said something like, see I told you Fox was fair and balanced in refrence to Micheal Moore getting a good review (for his new movie)from Fox . I think that was right before the conversation above.I guess I get where that might tick me off if I was Rosie seeing as Fox never fails to say crappy things about her on a daily basis.

FORT Fogey

And Elizabeth only made that comment (jokingly) in response to Rosie pointing out that Fox had given the film a great review.

I can completely understand why Rosie dislikes Fox so much. (I can also understand why some at Fox dislike Rosie so much). But by now, she knows Elizabeth's thoughts on the network. If she doesn't want to hear positive things about the network, perhaps she'd be better off to not bring them up.

+ Reply to Thread