+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1517Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Something really bothered me about Friday's episode and I'd like to hear what you all have to say. Now though I think her views are a little dramatic and extreme at times, I mostly enjoy Rosie's input and the things she says. However, something irked me about what she said in reference to male nannies. Now this is the woman that just the day before got angry at Elizabeth for using the word terrorist, and made a huge point that Arabs and terrorists are not one in the same. Although most of the "terrorists" that have attacked or tried to attack the US are Arab, Rosie feels that this generalization is terrible and gets all over Elizabeth when she uses the word terrorist. However, isn't generalizing that an arab is more likely to be a terrorist basically the same thing as saying that she wouldn't let a man babysit her children because men are statistically more often pedophiles? Arabs are statistically (or at least we are led to believe) most often the ethnicity of terrorists that try to attack us, yet Rosie gets all over Elizabeth and goes on and on about how all Arabs aren't terrorists (which is true). But then because pedophiles are statistically more often men she wouldn't trust a man? I just found it a tad hypocritical. Anyone agree/disagree?

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

as much as i love rosie, i agree. it's very hypotrical.

we had a male babysitter once when my kids were small, and i was amazed at how many people asked how i could trust a guy. he ended up being the best babysitter my kids ever had.

go figure.
    Last edited by barefootdyke; 05-21-2007 at 06:58 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Medallion;2407841;
    Something really bothered me about Friday's episode and I'd like to hear what you all have to say. Now though I think her views are a little dramatic and extreme at times, I mostly enjoy Rosie's input and the things she says. However, something irked me about what she said in reference to male nannies. Now this is the woman that just the day before got angry at Elizabeth for using the word terrorist, and made a huge point that Arabs and terrorists are not one in the same. Although most of the "terrorists" that have attacked or tried to attack the US are Arab, Rosie feels that this generalization is terrible and gets all over Elizabeth when she uses the word terrorist. However, isn't generalizing that an arab is more likely to be a terrorist basically the same thing as saying that she wouldn't let a man babysit her children because men are statistically more often pedophiles? Arabs are statistically (or at least we are led to believe) most often the ethnicity of terrorists that try to attack us, yet Rosie gets all over Elizabeth and goes on and on about how all Arabs aren't terrorists (which is true). But then because pedophiles are statistically more often men she wouldn't trust a man? I just found it a tad hypocritical. Anyone agree/disagree?

I thought the same thing. Either profiling is okay or it is not okay. It does seem hypocritical to say "Profiling is not okay ... unless I'm doing it and I have a reason for it"

In that discussion, I also thought it was interesting how quickly she jumped to the conclusion that Barbara was making a homosexual / pedophile connection when Barbara was doing nothing of the sort. To me, it kind of illustrated that Rosie is always poised and looking for a fight, and that sometimes causes her to miss completely a relevant point made by someone else.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I hate pre-recorded Fridays.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I wonder if Rosie will make any comments about NBC dropping The Apprentice. He said she was a loser and her show was a loser and now his show has become so bad that NBC opted not to pick it up again and he's pretending he quit.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2408258;
    I wonder if Rosie will make any comments about NBC dropping The Apprentice. He said she was a loser and her show was a loser and now his show has become so bad that NBC opted not to pick it up again and he's pretending he quit.
    It's rather funny just how similar Rosie's departing The View is to Donald's ending The Apprentice. In both cases, the network wanted one thing, the personality wanted another. So rather than working out an agreement, both walked away. Rumors are out there that both were fired. Both say they quit. Seems like the common bond between Rosie and Donald runs deeper than either wants to acknowledge.

aye, are people just now noticing Rosie is a hippocrit

as far as the apprentice goes, i haven't really watched that since the 1st couple seasons and then the season where d. trump tried to screw Randall at the finale, ahem

anyways, Elisabeth got attacked again today.

it's one thing to have a political discussion, but when you make a personal attack that's just plain wrong. BW tried to jump in after Rosie insulted Elisabeth and smhooze things.

i noticed that when some people in the audience clapped in response to elizabeth making her point, Rosie turned and looked at the audience imo,she made a mental note of the people supporting Elisabeth (probably gonna ban them from the show

rediculous.

FORT Fanatic

Well as usual if it doesn't agree with Rosie it is crap or wrong or biased. She is always looking for a fight.

FORT Fan

I have liked Rosie most of the time while she has been on "the view" but lately she is starting to irk me as well. I think she is just going for "shock value" and it works better on radio or cable tv, then on the ABC network TV.

I think what really bothered me was when she started with Ellen, she started false rumors that Ellen has a clause in her contract that she can't talk about her sexuality or her lifestyle on her daytime show. She didn't even get the facts straights(no pun intended), and after she did she apologized. But everyone knows how the net is, people made a big deal about it on certain gossip sites, webblogs etc etc. Rosie is the one who has a clause about chopping her hair off. She is just looking fights.

I didn't't hear the male nanny thing, because I wans't home, but I babysit for a single mom and I think I relate really well with the little boy. He really seems to like me and like him. He's 5. His father is a drunk(not in the picture) and his stepdad is a loser! It really does seem very hyprocritcal in a sort of indirect way when she did a show on adopting and had 2 gay men on who were partners & who had adopted.

Another thing that really irked me at the beginning of the season is when she had the people on from "big brother" she treated Mike like "crap" but she couldn't be nicer to Janelle and Erika. Rosie seems to be a big fan of reality tv and did she not forget that Erikia made racially insensitive comments about another contestant on a previous. But besides that no one on that show played nicely. Its a mean spirited show. Its kind of rude to invite someone on a show and then insult them, well I guess not for Rosie(Tom Selleck)

Rosie is a major hyprocrite and only plays by her rules. I have had enough of her now. But she will be gone soon enough. Unfortunately, some network will pick her up.
    Last edited by snarkattack; 05-21-2007 at 08:50 PM.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;2408581;
    aye, are people just now noticing Rosie is a hippocrit

as far as the apprentice goes, i haven't really watched that since the 1st couple seasons and then the season where d. trump tried to screw Randall at the finale, ahem

anyways, Elisabeth got attacked again today.

it's one thing to have a political discussion, but when you make a personal attack that's just plain wrong. BW tried to jump in after Rosie insulted Elisabeth and smhooze things.

i noticed that when some people in the audience clapped in response to elizabeth making her point, Rosie turned and looked at the audience imo,she made a mental note of the people supporting Elisabeth (probably gonna ban them from the show

rediculous.

I thought Elizabeth was wrong and she wouldn't shut up long enough for anyone to explain it to her. She's ignorant and uses her "position" (which I still don't understand how she got there from Survivor) to spout off about crap she knows nothing about.

I felt like Rosie: How can a winner of the Nobel Peace Prize and one of the most Christian presidents we've ever had be irrelavant? Just because he was a democrat, then Elizabeth has to attack. She will not ever look at any reason other than her own and she gets pretty nasty herself. I wish it was her leaving and not Rosie.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread