+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

Wherever Rosie goes (unless it's Showtime)...I'll be there!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I applaud Rosie 100% for going after the money and the deal which makes the most sense for her. I hope that she is able to build up precisely the empire that she wishes for herself. When she gets there, I hope that she's got the integrity to 1) not pretend that SHE is not the rich and powerful and 2) drop any grudges and complaints that she still holds for her hold magazine deal gone bad. If she fails in either of these areas, I cannot wait to be screaming as loud as I can about her hypocrisy, and I hope there are large choruses doing the same.

No one had any genuine interest in bringing Rosie back to daytime until BW floated the idea to her last year. (most probably assumed she wasn't interested since she'd walked away from it) It seems to me that the action Rosie could take which has the most integrity here is to show her real appreciation to BW for what she's done for her by not taking on or ripping off The View directly. There is plenty of temptation not to do that. As the last line of that article says, a daytime show that has just a small fragment of the people who pay attention to Rosie is a huge hit, so the networks and syndicators will be licking their chops. Further, Rosie is in a business that is all about self-promotion and self-marketing. I wouldn't fault Rosie for giving in to that temptation, and for being lured by the desire to have such a desirable platform. But I WILL fault her (if she goes down that road) for pretending to be what she's not. At least people like Oprah and Barbara Walters are willing to own up to the power they weild. Will Rosie be honest enough to do that? OR (perhaps more importantly) will Rosie manage to maintain the same level of appeal if she owns up to her level of power?

I can't imagine her going to FOX.
    Even if they put up the kind of money she's looking for I can't imagine they'd offer her the freedom she'll likely want to put together the kind of show she'd be interested in.
    I think she'd have to get cast iron guarantees that she'd be in control of content and I also can't imagine FOX wanting to air the kind of show she'd want to produce.
    That seems like a non-starter.

I don't really understand your point with her dropping the subject of her magazine deal, Veruka and how that pertains to her integrity.
    I would rather she not go on about it if she does get her own show, but I am not really following what you mean with regard to how her not dropping the matter would show a lack of integrity to you.

FORT Fogey

I don't see anyting with Fox happening, regardless of content. Fox really isn't invested in daytime programming. They've just rolled out their first daytime program, and they're treating it more like syndication than like a network show for now. Unlike ABC, CBS, and NBC, Fox is in the position when it comes to expanding into other areas (daytime, news, or expanding prime to 3 hours, etc) of having to persuade their affiliates to give up time that in many cases is VERY profitable in terms of local programming. Fox really isn't a daytime player, and from an affiliate relations standpoint, it doesn't make sense for them to become one.

NBC has a hole to fill with Passions going away, and they've been struggling in daytime for a long time. I tend to disagree with B&C in saying that CBS has NO interest. Until they name a replacement for Bob Barker, I'm not completely convinced that they are not looking at least at the possiblity of not replacing him at all, and letting TPIR end with him. If they do, the time period is PERFECT (same in most markets) to take on The View.

As for the magazine thing -- Rosie's big beef with that was the notion of McCalls coming in to partner with ROsie's name and public persona in order to boost their sales. Then when she left her show, they wanted to maintain ownership of her name and the persona of her show - control Rosie did not want to hand over to them. While it's not exactly the same, there are WAY too many similarities as I see it between that, and Barbara Walters and The View giving Rosie a renaissance in daytime, only to watch her step in and take that as her own for her own gain. Only this time, Rosie would be McCall's instead of Rosie.

FORT Fan

I would like to see her do a spinoff of "the view" called "the wu" since I like Barbara so much
    Last edited by snarkattack; 05-08-2007 at 05:50 PM.

FORT Fanatic

I didn't mind Elisabeth at all this morning. It was refreshing to hear about the dinner and I thought she was funny in her telling and she looked darling in her outfit. I thought it was very cool that she pulled that little capelet out that she wore to her wedding. I loved that she designed it herself and I like that she was excited to have been there and gave a good rundown.
    Whether you like the sitting president or not going to a state dinner would be absolutely a thrill in my book. She was funny about herself too in the almost eating the finger bowl water.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I was listening to one of my favorite radio shows sunday night when a psychic came on. The shows host said that the psychic had previously predicted that Rosie wasn't long for the show. This time around he came and said that the show ins't going to last past this year or the next. He was also enquired about Jho and J.Aniston, the former will allegedly have a kid next year while the latter wont for a while.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2373861;
    Jeez! BW, shows once again why i deslike her. They were discussing Hilton and her jail sentence, they all said their piece about it and then went onto the Hasselhoff video. Then, BW did everything but kiss the ground that Kathy Hilton walked on saying that she was in a successful marriage, blah, blah, blah, etc.
    Seriously, Paris is a product of her upbringing and her parents. I cannot praise Kathy without looking at the mess that is her daughter.
    I agree with the posts on Barbara's inconsistent statements. The woman should retire with dignity. She is so worried about offending any of her NYC socialite friends that she is no longer interesting or credible.

Barbara should leave The View and start a new show called "NYC Society Manners." Yes, that would get a lot of ratings! Or, she can write a book called "Television Corporate Ethics -- How to Lose Credibility by Making a Public Mess of Firing and Hiring Very Opinionated Women."

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Bandy;2377115;
    I didn't mind Elisabeth at all this morning. It was refreshing to hear about the dinner and I thought she was funny in her telling and she looked darling in her outfit. I thought it was very cool that she pulled that little capelet out that she wore to her wedding. I loved that she designed it herself and I like that she was excited to have been there and gave a good rundown.
    Whether you like the sitting president or not going to a state dinner would be absolutely a thrill in my book. She was funny about herself too in the almost eating the finger bowl water.
    I didn't mind Elizabeth so much either. It was interesting to hear about her evening.

However, I do agree with both Rosie and Joy that I would NOT attend a state dinner or anything at the white house if invited by this president. I don't care how much of a "thrill" it would be. I wouldn't do it because I am not going to be a hypocrite and change my views for a "thrill" (not that I'm going to ever be invited by any president! )

I think Rosie has some very valid opinions, but tends to be her own worst enemy sometimes. I hope she gets another show. I enjoyed her last one until she got really obnoxious on it towards the end.

I have never liked BW (only liked the SNL version of her: Baba Wawa).

I think Rosie and Joy would be hilarious as co-hosts of a show together.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

What is that hideous yellow thing Elisabeth has on today? Not only do I hate the loud color, but that fly away color looks like it's in the way.

I wish I'd been looking at the TV to read her lips when they censored what she said about Clinton and his oval office activities. I got the point but would love to know what she actually said.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread