+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1611Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

This token christian (me!) might start watching the view again once the new season begins. I stopped watching when Rosie was hired. Can't handle her anger and bitterness.
    Fabulous Fifty

Want to be green?? Join the Premium Member FORT team. Click for more info!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'd hate to see this show go back to "Dolly-Ding-Ding-ville".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaky;2351651;
    This token christian (me!) might start watching the view again once the new season begins. I stopped watching when Rosie was hired. Can't handle her anger and bitterness.
    you would think that someone with a loving family (apparantly) and also someone that is financially secure wouldn't be so damn angry and bitter.

i guess it's GWB fault.

best thing about her going is that the ratings will drop again and they can finally cancel this garbage called the view.

btw, did Rosie and BW have a big argument backstage after a show before... i heard that on some program i watching today.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

wow, it's amazing how differently we all see one person. i don't see rosie as being angry and bitter ... i see her as being outspoken and opinionated, which i don't necessarily believe is a bad thing most of the time, even if i don't agree with what's being said or the delivery.

now that i've watched today's show that i recorded earlier, i don't see that she was necessarily 'terminated'. from listening to them, i got the understanding that when barbara asked rosie to join the view it was intended to be for a one year contract. now that it's time to renew, abc wanted 3 years, rosie just wanted 1 and they coudln't agree. this doesn't surprise me. i don't blame rosie for wanting to keep her options open and just go year-by-year.

i guess just call me pollyanna becuase everything that was said this morning by rosie and the others make complete sense to me.

Dogg, I think what you are referring to was when the DT and Rosie feud started. Apparently in January, the New York Post reported that O'Donnell and Walters clashed backstage over O'Donnell's feud with Trump. A View rep tells PEOPLE the incident was "only a squabble."

Barbara Walters-Rosie O'Donnell Clash Just a 'Squabble,' View Says | The View, Barbara Walters, Rosie O'Donnell : People.com

Barbara Walters-Rosie O'Donnell Clash Just a 'Squabble,' View Says
    TUESDAY JANUARY 09, 2007 11:55 AM EST

The View's Rosie O'Donnell and Barbara Walters clashed backstage over Walters's handling of the O'Donnell-Donald Trump feud, according to the New York Post's Page Six. The paper reported Tuesday that O'Donnell called Walters a "liar" for not denying strongly enough Trump's claim that she regretted hiring O'Donnell.

But a spokesperson for The View tells PEOPLE, "From the first day Rosie spoke about Donald Trump, Barbara has been nothing but supportive of Rosie. Whatever happened in the hair and makeup room was only a squabble. It's business as usual. Everyone has moved on."

The origin of the conflict? Trump's comment in December that "Barbara Walters, in my opinion, rues the day she put that animal on her show."

Walters responded on The View's Jan. 3 episode: "Nothing could be further from the truth. I have never regretted, nor do I now, the hiring of Rosie O'Donnell."

Trump later told TV's Inside Edition, "As Barbara well knows, that is not what she told me. However, I fully understand why Barbara has to say that. She has no other choice. What is she going to say, 'I told Donald Trump some negative things about Rosie?' "

According to Page Six, O'Donnell was upset that Walters never said outright that Trump was lying.

On Monday's episode of the The View, no tension was evident, and on Tuesday's show, Walters was not at the desk, and no mention was made of any disagreement.

Later on Tuesday, Trump wrote a letter to O'Donnell which was obtained by several media outlets. In it, he says that after O'Donnell's first on-air comments about him, Walters called him and said that working with O'Donnell " 'is like living in hell' and ... 'don't worry, she won't be here for long.' "

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2351638;
    Who here really believes that BW was NOT involved in the TERMINATION of Rosie?
    After all she, BW, owns "the View". It is HER baby.

Rosie tried to say that they could not agree on the length of a contract. ABC wanted her for three years, Rosie wanted only one year. Yeah right.
    OK. IF ABC really wanted her THAT BADLY, they'd sign her for one year in hopes of getting her "one more year" then "one more year" etc etc.

Dream on ROSIE! Your mouth got YOU fired!
    I think she was fired too. Barbara was going to allow Star to say she was moving on without saying she was fired(although she did not take them up on it. LOL) . I think they are giving Rosie the same opportunity to save face.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2351749;
    now that i've watched today's show that i recorded earlier, i don't see that she was necessarily 'terminated'. from listening to them, i got the understanding that when barbara asked rosie to join the view it was intended to be for a one year contract. now that it's time to renew, abc wanted 3 years, rosie just wanted 1 and they coudln't agree. this doesn't surprise me. i don't blame rosie for wanting to keep her options open and just go year-by-year.

i guess just call me pollyanna becuase everything that was said this morning by rosie and the others make complete sense to me.

Essentially, exactly. I thought that it was widely known that she was only on for a year and she'd be off for the summer, with the possibility of more seasons, hence the previous contract negotiations. They'd be fools to terminate her contract seeing as she's brought more viewers to a show losing any and every kind of credibility.
    Furthermore, any time Dump Truck opens his trapper about Rosie, it's like he's actually talking about himself. I mean, Pig face? Disgusting? He can look at himself in the mirror and the walls would totally scream that.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

wow, it's amazing how differently we all see one person. i don't see rosie as being angry and bitter ... i see her as being outspoken and opinionated, which i don't necessarily believe is a bad thing most of the time, even if i don't agree with what's being said or the delivery.

Go ahead and call me pollyanna jr. then.

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG;2351810;
    Go ahead and call me pollyanna jr. then.
    Call me mr. pollyanna.

Regardless of how it happened, i'm sure she will post her "view" on it all in her blog once her contract is officially done. She doesn't seem like the type of person to be fired and stick around to pretend like things are all hunky-dory as a fill-in.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

FORT Fogey

I totally agree with you - make room for me in the polyanna club! I remember both Rosie and Barbara saying last year that this was a one year thing. I remember this, because I remember being skeptical that Rosie could do the ensemble thing well, and I was glad that there would be a "let's see how it works" period.

Not only does it make total sense to me that Rosie would only want to commit to a year at a time at this point in her life (and from her past business experiences) but it also makes total sense to me that ABC would want a longer commitment at this point. The show has been in a bit of limbo this year, knowing Rosie was only a year commitment, and with decisions not being made on replacing Starr. That works for a year. It would not work year after year. ABC needs to have some continuity in building the show. I agree with those who have said that if both sides REALLY wanted this to work, they would have made it work. But there's a wide space between "REALLY want it to happen" and "will do anything to keep it from happening". I think this negotiation fell in the middle, more on the "it would be nice if it happens" side.

It is convenient to point to the whole Don Imus thing, and call this the fallout from that. But the truth is, Rosie had a one year contract, and this is the time of year that it had to be negotiated. I think this would have happened Imus or not.

+ Reply to Thread