+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 1050 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627671175171017 ... LastLast
Like Tree977Likes

Thread: The View

They were talking about cosmetic surgery today, reasonably interesting.
    They also got onto the topic of gastric bypass surgery and had a young girl on who had the operation done when she was 14.
    Her mother and the surgeon who performned it were also guests, along with a young teenage boy who would also like the operation.

What I found a little strange is that Meredith and Elisabeth conducted the interviews.
    Why not Star?
    Star has lost an incredible amount of weight, but is always pretty cagey about how she did it.
    Why the big mystery?
    It would have been a good opportunity for her to reveal (unless she already has and I missed it) how she lost so much weight, whether she had surgery (I hear rumours that she had a "lapbelt" fitted) or whether she went the diet and exercise route.

The ridiculous "Star gets Physical" series they ran a few years back was so pitiful.
    She really appeared to have no interest in getting fit at the time or losing weight, certainly not by more conventional means.
    I think it would have been good for her to tell people that how she dealt with her weight problem.

She seems to revel in the opportunity to make other, totally unrelated things all about her, yet on this issue, where she might be able to offer some interesting insights, she's remains silent.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I like when they do shows all about hot topics and not dealing with celebs.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I agree Fluff, but then it would, in her mind I'm sure, make her seem weak and less praise worthy. I think she likes people thinking she did it "the hard way" but who seriously thinks she did? Not that it matters to me, more power to her if she did the lap band and it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Understood
    I agree Fluff, but then it would, in her mind I'm sure, make her seem weak and less praise worthy. I think she likes people thinking she did it "the hard way" but who seriously thinks she did? Not that it matters to me, more power to her if she did the lap band and it worked.

I have to say I think you're probably right about that.
    I don't see the lap band thing as the easy way out and gastric bypass certainly isn't.
    It's a very risky operation (as is any surgery when you get to be obese) and a reputable surgeon would only consider it once all other weight loss methods had failed.

The weight fell off Star, which really does make me think it wasn't simply a case of sticking to a diet and exercise regime.
    Like you though, it doesn't matter to me, whatever she did more power to her for improving her health.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I have to say I think you're probably right about that.
    I don't see the lap band thing as the easy way out and gastric bypass certainly isn't.
    It's a very risky operation (as is any surgery when you get to be obese) and a reputable surgeon would only consider it once all other weight loss methods had failed.

The weight fell off Star, which really does make me think it wasn't simply a case of sticking to a diet and exercise regime.
    Like you though, it doesn't matter to me, whatever she did more power to her for improving her health.
    Star has, emphatically, stated more than one time that she does not think it is anyone's business but hers and her doctor's, how she lost the weight. I've also wondered what she is trying to hide. I guess you have a right to privacy though. (But the weight did fall off awfully fast for there to have been no surgical intervention! I don't know how many of you know someone who has had bariatric surgery, but that's about the way the weight comes off, and then it really levels off like hers has.)

And, Amy Lee, I'm with you about listening to hot topics instead of celebs. I, usually, couldn't care less what these stupid celebrities have to say or think. I usually change the channel when hot topics are over.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

She's right, it isn't anyone else's business, but she's in the public eye so questions will be asked.
    I can understand her desire to remain private, but it's not as though this is something she can hide, she's half her former size, so it seems a little strange to me that she is so secretive about it.
    She looks pretty good, so I can't imagine she did anything that would be considered unhealthy to lose the weight.
    I like the hot topics too.
    The celebs are generally boring, particularly if Barbara is on because she's such a butt kisser and can't resist saying how much they love the guest no matter who it may be.

JR.
    It was reported in the papers that she had her stomach stapled, and I beleive them. There is no way she lost it on her own.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I noticed quite a while ago that they were no longer doing the from behind shot when the ladies come out from through the doors, something tells me it was star's idea for them not to do that, i wonder how that conversation went.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Little off topic....

And speaking of Star... did anyone catch her on the red carpet for the Emmy's? I never seen such a poor choice for that role. Star has no talent for small talk.

I won't even start in with that crazy "purple pucker dress" she wore. That she is still 50 pounds too heavy to be wearing.

Then instead of marriage talk... she talked about her dog! The dog she brought with her and had sitting beside her... I rather see Kathy & Guiliana(Julie Ana?) doing the red carpet. At least both of those girls can carry on a intelligent adult conversation...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    "purple pucker dress"
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread