+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2347665;
    Noticed that today, on the show, Elisabeth actually was able to get a lot of her views out, uninterrupted. She actually had a few credible things to say, and handled herself fairly well. It was nice not to hear everybody screaming at the same time.
    Of course they're going to let her talk when she's saying things they agree with! Had she been defending Gonzales, I doubt that they'd have stayed quiet to listen to what she had to say!

So, if Rosie is gonna really make that announcement today

I wonder what stupid lie B.W. will come up with?

CNN just confirmed that Rosie will be leaving The View in June

NEW YORK (AP) - Rosie O'Donnell's stormy tenure on "The View" will be a short one. ABC said Wednesday it was unable to agree on a contract with the opinionated host, and she'll leave the show in June.
    Last edited by rcurrytoo; 04-25-2007 at 11:23 AM.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i'm disappointed to hear this. i like rosie (whether i agree with her or not). all of her haters are gonna love this....

FORT Fogey

I think that many of her haters will be dissapointed. Who will they put their focus on now? Rivalries like that (whether it's people like Trump or Hannity, or average viewers) last as long as they do because they're enjoyable for both sides. I will admit that even though I don't care for the way that Rosie expresses many of her views, I've watched the show far more often since she joined than I ever did before.

It'll be interesting to see what direction they go in for the show without her. Will they continue with constant guest hosts, or finally fill some of those chairs permanently? Will they seek out new people who are as straight forward, blunt and controversial as Rosie, or try to go back to the days of the kind, gentle, boring View? Or, worst possible scenario, will UGH! GASP! NOOOOOO! Star Jones return?

I hear Katie Couric may be looking for work.
    Last edited by cricketeen; 04-25-2007 at 11:54 AM.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

FORT Fogey

Ugh! I hope that ABC learns the REAL lesson from Rosie, and not the faux lesson. If they do things right, they'll recognize that the qualities they need to avoid in replacing Rosie are the lack of team play, and turning every topic and interview into a focus on a specific host. If they do things wrong, they'll think that being outspoken and opinionanted are bad qualities. In other words, if they didn't learn their lesson, they'll turn to people like Katie Couric. If they did learn their lesson, we'll still have controversy, but we'll be back to an ensemble.

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2349918;
    I hear Katie Couric may be looking for work.

i hate Rosie, but what fun would it be if she's not there to argue with Elisabeth and say rediculous things.

i guess can now she will have some free time to campaign against evil republican haters

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I just read that on another news site. Can't say I didnt see it coming. I figured she wouldn't last any more than one season.

notice the seating arangement... oh B.W.

+ Reply to Thread