+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2340115;
    I'm a yoga fan so maybe i should try pilates. Maybe.
    The best was Elisabeth asking if it was only women who experienced the big O from pilates. Barbara told her she would sit her down and explain

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Hard to believe that Elisabeth is such an idiot.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2340448;
    Hard to believe that Elisabeth is such an idiot.
    No, its not

WTH was Elisabeth wearing today?
    The pants were ok, but the shapeless smock she was wearing over the top with the giant ladybird on it was hideous, imo.
    That outfit would be barely excusable if her daughter was wearing it.

FORT Fan

Barbara is starting to get on my last nerve. I find her more annoying then any of them. Its like she always has to remind people of there worse times, and she almost puts a glamours spin on it. As soon as Craig Fergueson came out she went to town and said well you delt with drugs(I think she said drugs), alcohol, suicide attempts, 2 failed marriages and then she asks him is there anything you won't talk about it. Its like she wanted to hear more or find out bad things. lol. Btw... the things that happened aren't bad its called "life" You sheltered old crow. The woman is like a nosey nanny. I mean come on the guy has a late night show, why can't she just talk about that some and have Rosie keep plugging his book. Then Olympia Dukakis comes on and she says you are a first cousin to Michael, so you are a hardcore democrat. Olympia laid the smack down on her and said she wanted to talk about her movies. She is such a weird woman, like the time she said was talking to Jay-z and asked him about being a drug dealer in the past, I mean I guess that was okay, because it was for a primetime special and more candid, but then she said "Oh, so you were a good drug dealer" or something like that.

I mean seriously why doesn't anyone dissect her 3 failed marriage, and somewhat troubled relationship with her daughter.

Ugh. Now I see why she always has to call her daughter, and her daughter never calls her.
    Last edited by snarkattack; 04-20-2007 at 11:48 PM.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Here's another classic example of Barbara making sure she's not offending everyone. I wonder if she actually has an opinion on anything without trying to sugarcoat it for everyone.

Rosie takes aim at Murdoch at luncheon - Yahoo! News

NEW YORK - Rosie O'Donnell has tossed off countless one-liners and quips in her career. On Monday, she had one line she said she never imagined she'd utter: "Please welcome Rupert Murdoch."

O'Donnell was hosting the New York Women in Communication annual awards luncheon at The Waldorf-Astoria hotel in Manhattan. Murdoch, the media mogul whose holdings include the New York Post and Fox News, was presenting an award to columnist Cindy Adams.

O'Donnell's shots at Murdoch started from her opening.

"This is a celebration of women who changed the world, and no one understands why Rupert Murdoch is on the dais," she said, adding, "I mean that in the kind, loving Post-like way, sir; it's delightful to see you in person."

She turned to the audience and finished, "I was looking for numbers on his head. There aren't any."

O'Donnell didn't say what Murdoch might have done to provoke her ire.

When Murdoch's turn to speak came, he just said, "Thank you, everyone, including Rosie."

Among the other presenters at the luncheon was Barbara Walters, who appears with O'Donnell on "The View."

"I would like to point out that Rosie's view is not always mine," she said. "I would like to say for the record that I am very fond of Rupert Murdoch."

The Matrix Awards honor women in communication fields. Among this year's winners were Joan Didion, Arianna Huffington and Meredith Vieira. Presenters included Martha Stewart, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton and Anna Deavere Smith.

Noticed that today, on the show, Elisabeth actually was able to get a lot of her views out, uninterrupted. She actually had a few credible things to say, and handled herself fairly well. It was nice not to hear everybody screaming at the same time.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

It was amusing to hear her say more than once "if the Bush government wants to retain credibility..."
    Joy exclaimed "retain?"

Sad to hear that Rosie's Family Vacations cruise is having to change it's itinerary due to 80 churches planning to protest their stay in Bermuda.

Loved it when Joy said she retained more water than the Bush government retained credibility!!

Rumor:
    Rosie is leaving the View, announcement tomorrow.

+ Reply to Thread