+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1487Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;2339509;
    ^ Why was Rene Syler "let go" from the CBS show?
    I've never heard an official story - CBS has made all sorts of random changes on that show for years due to their ratings. My guess would be it was something as simple as the network deciding they needed to make a change, and cutting a person made the most sense. Hannah Storm is considered the most serious newswoman on the show, so she had to stay. Julie Chen is married to the boss, so she had to stay. That left Renee.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2339482;
    I love it! This is going to make me watch The View in an entirely new way. I also think it is quite fitting that originally, Joy was only supposed to be on a few days a week trading off with Barbara. She fits the snarky part about Sophia, but Barbara fits the senile part of Sophia!
    Yep, now all the girls need is some cheesecake!

I didn't think she was let go though. I thought it was her decision and it may have been nearing the time that her contract was coming up for renewal.

I usually watch TES on Monday and Friday mornings....when they have the latest castoff from Survivor or the latest team to be eliminated on TAR. Duh! So I just happened to be watching TES last week and was surprised to see Renee on the Early Show, as a guest. Seems since she left the show, she has published a book....the one about motherhood that she mentioned on The View. She also had a double mastectomy, by choice. Breast cancer runs in her family and she has had several biopsies and maybe even surgery in the past. This was something that she had been thinking about for a long time.

So maybe she left because it was time for her to move on and do other things, ie spend more time with her hubby and kids, get the book done and published, and take measures to ensure her health.

Back on topic, I thought it was a hoot today when the girls were talking about Pilates and orgasms. And here is Elizabeth asking if guys can have orgasms doing pilates too! BW said she would explain it all to Elizabeth when they were off the air!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2339645;
    I didn't think she was let go though. I thought it was her decision and it may have been nearing the time that her contract was coming up for renewal.
    Renee was on GMA a few weeks ago, discussing her decision to have the double mastectomy. In the report, they said that it was while she was preparing for the surgery that she found out that CBS would not be renewing her contract. The way it was presented by them made it sound like it was the networks choice and not hers.

Okay, then, I guess that's what happened. It was a CBS decision, not hers. Like I said, I only watch TES to see who was eliminated/voted off from TAR and Survivor.....and should also have mentioned BB during the summer when it is on air. Can't stand Hannah Storm though....she's like nails on a chalkboard to me. I liked Renee on the show. Also like Harry Smith. And yeah, Julie isn't going anywhere anytime soon!

I also wondered if, originally, Renee would have had more time to discuss the decision to have the double mastectomy and not just the book, which didn't seem to get that much airtime considering everything else that was going on in hot topics that day.

FORT Fan

Yeah, there is also an article in people magazine with her. She said she got fired and didn't know why. I don't know why either. She seemed pretty good to me. I thought she was the only good one there. All 3 morning shows have slipped in the ratings. So the early show is now during worse without Rene.

FORT Fan

Back to the golden girls. I forgot to mention Rosie's ex. Bill Geddie(sp)

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack;2339770;
    Back to the golden girls. I forgot to mention Rosie's ex. Bill Geddie(sp)
    Back to the Golden Girls. What I meant to say is Bill Geddie plays Rosie's ex, Stanley

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack;2339410;
    I know Dorothy was not a lesbian, I was just using it for comedic value. Ruin all my fun
    Sorry, joke away! I just loved Bea Arthur in both her big shows.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I'm a yoga fan so maybe i should try pilates. Maybe.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread