+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree977Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

I really have just about had it with Barbara and her constant need to try and fend off potential feuds.
    The guest host to day was Aisha Tyler.
    She was pretty good and jumped in to give her opinion.
    She mentioned that during the wake of Anna Nicole Smith's death she was watching CNN and it was practically "The Anna Nicole Smith" channel, with wall-to-wall coverage.
    Barbara of course had to quickly add that all the netwroks were like that, not just CNN.
    Aisha didn't say it was just CNN, she simply said that she had been watching CNN and that's what she'd observed on that channel.
    Barbara isn't trying to necessarily limit what the co-hosts say, but she jumps right in to 'clean' things up if they say something that might be misconstrued.
    It's becoming more and more noticable and more and more irritating.
    It was happening before Imus too.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I laughed when she said she was someone with no opinion. C'mon, babs, you reserve your opinion to preserve your career and get celeb interviews. However, if onr of your 'friends' is in the media for doing something/being accused of something less then stellar, you quickly jump in to sanctify them.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Exactly.
    Look at how she reacted when Bill Maher made a joke about Guiliani wearing women's clothes.
    We all know he was wearing them for charity, even though Maher was joking that he had some kind of fetish for it, but because Barbara is buddies with his wife she has to jump in and quickly get it on record that he was dressing up for charity.
    We know, you punchline destroyer!!

I thought yesterday's guest host, Renee Siler (sp), did a great job too. She is a journalist, let go from the CBS morning show, and I think she would be a good addition to the panel. Aisha Tyler was also good. Either of them could be a permanent replacement for BW.

FORT Fan

After watching yesterday's episode with Rue I realized how much the the view reminded me of the golden girls. Except the view girls are a little younger.

Elisabeth is Rose, the dumb one

Rosie is Dorothy the bitter old lesbian

Joy is sophia the snarky old woman

and since there is no real Rue I will use Sherri Shepherd as the southern sexpot.

Now all we need is Elisabeth sitting next to Rosie everyday and a newspaper.

FORT Fan

Screw Sherri! I can't believe I forgot about Meredith. Why did she have to leave. She was our Blanche.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Dorothy was a feminist not a lesbian...not synonyms!

FORT Fan

I know Dorothy was not a lesbian, I was just using it for comedic value. Ruin all my fun

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack;2339051;
    After watching yesterday's episode with Rue I realized how much the the view reminded me of the golden girls. Except the view girls are a little younger.

Elisabeth is Rose, the dumb one

Rosie is Dorothy the bitter old lesbian

Joy is sophia the snarky old woman

and since there is no real Rue I will use Sherri Shepherd as the southern sexpot.

Now all we need is Elisabeth sitting next to Rosie everyday and a newspaper.

I love it! This is going to make me watch The View in an entirely new way. I also think it is quite fitting that originally, Joy was only supposed to be on a few days a week trading off with Barbara. She fits the snarky part about Sophia, but Barbara fits the senile part of Sophia!

^ Why was Rene Syler "let go" from the CBS show?

+ Reply to Thread