+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1551Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

I've watched yesterday's show now, and I have to say that I was pleased by the views voiced regarding Imus yesterday by everyone except for Elisabeth. I think that she's dead wrong for the reasons I've already stated. I applaud Barbara for being willing to point out the similarities between things that have been said on their show and the things that Imus said.

This is one of the cases where I think that Elisabeth is failing to see the big picture. She's saying that if you say hateful bigoted things, you shouldn't have access to the public airways to say them. Fair enough. But who is the judge of what exactly is hateful and bigoted. Elisabeth has said things that in her mind are honest and open, but in the minds of others are quite hateful and bigoted. So is she turning in her resignation?

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

I agree with those who suggest that Rosie is being easy on Imus because of her own "ching chong" incident. If you can't come up with a better joke that that one or the one Imus used that maybe you're not that great of a comedian.
    If Imus had said something about homosexuals I bet Rosie would be livid and very vocal.

FORT Fogey

I hope that Rosie's own experience has had an effect on the comments she's made on this incident. I remember a lot of people saying during that whole incident with Rosie that the reason they were being so hard on her is that she typically held other people to such unobtainable standards unfairly. If going through that taught her that intent DOES matter, and that labels should not be thrown around and attached to people without very good reason, then I say more power to Rosie from learning and growing through a tough experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2324977;
    I hope that Rosie's own experience has had an effect on the comments she's made on this incident. I remember a lot of people saying during that whole incident with Rosie that the reason they were being so hard on her is that she typically held other people to such unobtainable standards unfairly. If going through that taught her that intent DOES matter, and that labels should not be thrown around and attached to people without very good reason, then I say more power to Rosie from learning and growing through a tough experience.
    yeah, right

Rosie seemed to be talking about herself

BW still hasn't managed to control the ladies talking at the same time... the past 2 shows all of em were rambling freely and i couldn't understand anything.

one at a time please.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2324934;
    If Imus had said something about homosexuals I bet Rosie would be livid and very vocal.
    My feelings exactly.
    She is not a hypocrite just as sure has steel doesn't melt.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack;2323338;
    Sorry I wasn't clear. What I meant to say "I am jewish and I guess Mel Gibson is a super sweet guy, and his anti-semetic tirade was a slip of the tongue.

I was being sarcastic, sorry it was misinterperated.
    Whew! You scared me there for a moment! I thought you had taken leave of your senses!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2324934;
    I'm not sure that she would have been.
    She didn't have much to say after Ann Coulter's remarks of a few weeks back.
    They did address it, but only briefly and Rosie didn't go on a rant.

FORT Fogey

I am bored with the Imus discussion; it is on every news and entertainment show ad nauseum.

It will take care of itself. He will lose viewers and the ratings will drop; sponsers are already pulling their ads. If the show fails, off it goes. The more it is discussed and debated the more publicity he gets.

It is time to stop the hoopla. I am not speaking to posters here. I mean the media.

And damnit, someone take Barbara off the show. She is giving me fits.

we know how this works

don't get worked up about it

when something else happens, like a celebrity not wearing panty drawz or something else rediculous this 'll be old news

maybe someone 'll get murdered this week

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;2325371;
    we know how this works

don't get worked up about it

when something else happens, like a celebrity not wearing panty drawz or something else rediculous this 'll be old news

Yes, one story usually hijacks another. I would like to hear more about the diaper wearing astronaut and the latest bondage developments

+ Reply to Thread