+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree977Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

I hate the way they "trick" you by telling you that there is a guest co-host, and you assume Barbara won't be there...and you start getting happy...and then you tune in and find out that Rosie is MIA, and that Barbara is, indeed, there.

Oh, what a sad Monday. The co-host is Valerie Bertinelli.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Every single time someone in the public eye says something negative, there goes bw to say, "but he says he's a good person" or "I know this person, so and so is my friend", bladdy bladdy frickin blah! Excuses, excuses, excuses!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2321248;
    Oh, what a sad Monday. The co-host is Valerie Bertinelli.
    awwww, i LOVED seeing valerie again!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Don't get me wrong! I like Valerie. It's just sad when Barbara is there!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2321582;
    Don't get me wrong! I like Valerie. It's just sad when Barbara is there!

about Barbara. I don't watch this show...I need some kind of life! Don't make me do it people! Anyway, I saw a pic of Valerie on People mag. She looked very good. How did she look on the show?
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i think she looked beautiful, but as with most celebrities, she talked about wanting to lose 20 more pounds. she said she's lost 13 so far on jenny craig. (i guess jenny craig approached HER to be their spokesperson).

it's no secret that i hate how everyone is so worried about weighing too much ... it drives me crazy how in one breath, the media will talk about someone putting on weight, but then in the next breath will comment about how they're too thin. i wish we could go back to the renaissance period when larger women were considered more beautiful and desirable.

FORT Fogey

I thought that Valerie looked great, and I really liked her as a guest host. I like that she had the confidence to participate in the discussion, and not just to sit back and only speak when spoken to.

I have to admit, I was rather dissapointed in Joy and Elisabeth today - and a bit with Barbara too - when they were discussing Don Imus. Don't get me wrong - I thought his comments were rather ignorant and a stupid, stupid thing to say. But I found myself just sitting back and marveling at the fact that these women who get paid to go on a public forum each day and speak their minds on controversial issues were endorsing silencing or censoring a person who did his job by speaking his mind on controversial issues. IF they so easily accept the notion that when people are offended by a comment it's justified to silence that speaker, what exactly does that say about the future of their jobs?

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I'm certainly no prude but when Valerie said she skipped her period last month for the first time in her life... dear God, TMI!!! I don't need to know this! And I felt mortified for her bf when she said he'd had a vasectomy. Again, TMI. Did you see the look on his face? Not that there's anything wrong with having a vasectomy or skipping your period but these are not things you share on national television. Or does everyone who is on TV feel that's the forum to share ALL their personal business? Catching just part of today's show reminded me of why I don't watch it and refer to it as "The Puke".

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Today's discussion of Don Imus gets a little heated.

I do not need to hear Barbara Walters discussing sex.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

FORT Fan

I really hate Barbara Walters. She is such a know it all. I want to ring her neck. She thinks she is an expert on all media personalities and seems to know exactly what Don's inner most feelings and thoughts are.

Howard Stern has always talked about how Don would go through the halls of NBC years ago and drop the "N" bomb on a black co-worker and brought the woman to tears. Don has a long history of being of a racist.

Barbara get off your high horse, especially when you have no CLUE what you are talking about. I am jewish and I guess she should know that Mel Gibson is a super sweet guy, and his anti-semetic tirade was just a slip of the tongue.

Also take the cough drop out of your mouth, you are hard enough to understand as is. She is such a LOSER! (Ugh)

Elisabeth was right on today, when it came to Don.
    Last edited by snarkattack; 04-10-2007 at 11:38 AM.

+ Reply to Thread