+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1602Likes

Thread: The View

If Jaque Reid was more of a conservative, i don't think people here would see her the same way with all the praise she's getting.

regarding yesterday; Elisabeth is not the u.s. government, so i don't see the point of people picking fights with her and preplaning a political discussion prior to a commercial break in order to "debate" (if that's what you wanna call it). Since when have they ever preplanned a political segment. Usually someone talks about something and Rosie finds something related / mostly nonrelated and transitions it to the Bush administration or some conspiracy theory.

what was the argument yesterday. Steel doesn't melt man, for someone that isn't scared to speak her mind, she was on the fence wouldn't just come out and say that she really believes that GWB and co. conspired to kill thousands of americans for the purpose of making gazillions of dollars and world domination. Also that everybody should watch Al Jazeera to get the real news and find out how evil America is and that a billion people here are all drinking koolaid served up by the evil devil Karl Rove and his diabolical republican henchmen.

botton line is that Rosie and Elisabeth are both full of sheeeet. Rosie is just fuller, not to mention she is nasty, abrasive, bitter, stopm me i can go on

the main thing Elisabeth suffers from is utopianism. If Elisabeth was liberal politically she would still be a utopian. she probably grew up in a fictional beaver cleaver type family and thinks this is most peoples norm and don't really know anything else like most people know what they are used to and there life experiences, no major problems. The corniest thing about her view wise is when she talks about love, marriage, divorce, defenition of cheating her husband not looking at other women, etc is when i really feel like grabbing her neckbone, its so utopian.

Rosie not seeing her own ignorance and hipocracy. this is the same person who speaks of "this is america" "free speech" "diversity and tolerance" .. can't even accept that someone across the table has a different point of view than hers. Talk about tolerance

I watched like 4 shows the last couple of weeks seeing if Rosie would briing up the couple in Germany that wanted to get married. they love each other; the government won't let em. They are saying the government is discriminating against them, filing suits and whatnot. I don't see why they can't get married the lady is beautiful, the dude is handsome... oh yeah i forgot that they are brother and sister. Boundaries have to be set at some point, everything can't be gray...there has to be definates on something. and why can't these dudes in colorade city with 8 wives who all agree with the lifestyle and love each other. why does the government say they can't marry. discrimination? . Why does nonoe use this as and argument. I would like to see how Rosie "debates" these things.

noone mentions Joy here anymore, who woulda thought she of all people would be the most reasonable during heated discussions, she'll give her opinion (if she knows the topic and bowout if she doesn't) without being offensive to one of the other cacklin hens there.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;2304224;

regarding yesterday; Elisabeth is not the u.s. government, so i don't see the point of people picking fights with her and preplaning a political discussion prior to a commercial break in order to "debate" (if that's what you wanna call it). Since when have they ever preplanned a political segment. Usually someone talks about something and Rosie finds something related / mostly nonrelated and transitions it to the Bush administration or some conspiracy theory.
    The topics they discuss in each segment of hot topics are decided in advance. They don't script what will be said, but do decide what subjects they'll cover. That ensures that they don't wind up on air without anything to say.

The point of picking fights and pre-planning political discussions is that it ensures they'll say things that will get people talking, and garner coverage of the show on other programs. It works. Last night, I flipped past Hannity and Colmes at one point and heard Sean Hannity teasing an upcoming segment of their show where they'd be discussing the accusations Rosie lobbed yesterday.

Okay, I know some might complain that Rosie's not letting the Donald situation go yet again, but I just have to say that I really enjoyed the Rosie and Elisabeth Easter Egg decorating segment today.

Elisabeth was showing how she decorates eggs to look like famous people or family members... and showed Hillary and Obama, then Sanjaya (that one was hysterical!) At the end of that little seg Rosie came to show her little egg and said "I bet you can't guess who mine is" and showed this little egg with a blonde combover. She wiggled it back and forth and said "to help.. it says 'Rosie is fat. Rosie is dumb. Rosie is ugly" and then she proceeded to smash it on the table. I'm sorry, but I laughed hysterically and it was just what I needed today.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I haven't watched the show in weeks. Sounds like I've missed some fireworks. I saw a clip of Rosie 9-11 speech and she seemed angry and "know-it-all." From the clip I saw she didn't look like she was interested in discussion, but was more interested in preaching and education people. This is a really emotional issue for people and perhaps she came on too strong in her opinions. Personally, it hurts too much to think that our own government would do that, altough I know that all governments can be shady and ours' has done things against its own citizens in the past.

Rosie is sure making "ink" for the show on a regular basis. In addition to her 9/11 shennanigans this week, did anyone else notice that yesterday's AOL "Top 5" (those are AOL collected video clips of the Top 5 TV events from the previous day--so it was representing Wednesday) was Rosie talking about how much sex she gets? AOL entitled it "Rosie gives too much information".

If Babs Walter's goal is for The View to CONSTANTLY be in the press, then Rosie is indeed doing that for her.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

The interesting thing that keeps the conspiracy enthusiasts believing Tower 7 is a cover-up is that 7 was home to several government alphabet agencies. I'm not a fan of the current administration but I do hope Rosie realizes that the events that led to 9-11 were being planned long before Bush was even a thought in the White House.

What scares me is the volumes of audience who watch her and want to believe everything she says as gospel.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

FORT Fogey
    "Popular Mechanics" answers to the Rosie's 9/11 crap.

Rosie O'Donnell 9/11 Conspiracy Comments: Popular Mechanics Responds - Popular Mechanics

March 30, 2007

KEYWORDS
    9/11
    conspiracy theories
    World Trade Center
    engineering

Rosie O'Donnell 9/11 Conspiracy Comments: Popular Mechanics Responds

Recently, Rosie O’Donnell, a co-host of ABC talk show The View, made comments on the show that renewed controversy over the collapse of World Trade Center 7.

While saying she didn’t know what to believe about the U.S. government’s involvement in the attacks of Sept. 11, she said, “I do believe that it’s the first time in history that fire has ever melted steel. I do believe that it defies physics that World Trade Center tower 7—building 7, which collapsed in on itself—it is impossible for a building to fall the way it fell without explosives being involved. World Trade Center 7. World Trade [Center] 1 and 2 got hit by planes—7, miraculously, the first time in history, steel was melted by fire. It is physically impossible.”

She continued: “To say that we don’t know that it imploded, that it was an implosion and a demolition, is beyond ignorant. Look at the films, get a physics expert here [on the show] from Yale, from Harvard, pick the school—[the collapse] defies reason.” (Watch the clip here)

For those interested in what physicist and demolition experts have said regarding WTC 7’s collapse, as detailed in our book Debunking 9/11 Myths, PM offers these notes:

1. Initial reports from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) misunderstood the amount of damage the 47-floor WTC7 sustained from the debris of the falling North Tower—because in early photographs, WTC7 was obscured by smoke and debris.

Towers 1 and 7 were approximately 300 ft. apart, and pictures like the ones here and here offer a clear visual of how small that distance is for structures that large. After further studies, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) told PM that debris from the 110-floor North Tower hit WTC7 with the force of a volcanic eruption. Nearly a quarter of the building was carved away over the bottom 10 stories on its south face, and significant damage was visible up to the 18th floor (see p. 24 of this report).

The unusual design of WTC7 is also crucial to the discussion, in that key columns supported extreme loads—as much as 2000 sq. ft. of floor area for each floor—as the building straddled an electrical substation. “What our preliminary analysis has shown is that if you take out just one column on one of the lower floors,” NIST lead investigator Shyam Sunder told PM, “it could cause a vertical progression of collapse so that the entire section comes down.” The tower wasn’t hit by a plane, but it was severely wounded by the collapse of the North Tower. Which is when the fires started.

2. The North and South Towers of the World Trade Center weren’t knocked down by planes—they both stood for more than a half-hour after the impacts. But the crashes destroyed support columns and ignited infernos that ultimately weakened—not melted—the steel structures until the towers could no longer support their own weights (NIST offers a primer here). Ms. O’Donnell fundamentally misstates the case with her use of the word “melting”: Evidence currently points to WTC7 also collapsing because fires weakened its ravaged steel structure.

Tower 7 housed the city’s emergency command center, so there were a number of fuel tanks located throughout the building—including two 6000-gal. tanks in the basement that fed some generators in the building by pressurized lines. “Our working hypothesis is that this pressurized line was supplying fuel [to the fire] for a long period of time,” according to Sunder. Steel melts at about 2,750 degrees Fahrenheit—but it loses strength at temperatures as low as 400 F. When temperatures break 1000 degrees F, steel loses nearly 50 percent of its strength. It is unknown what temperatures were reached inside WTC7, but fires in the building raged for seven hours before the collapse.

3. Demolition experts tell PM that wiring a building the size of WTC7 for clandestine demolition would present insurmountable logistical challenges. That issue aside, there’s a clear-cut engineering explanation for why the building fell the way it did. Trusses on the fifth and seventh floors of the building were designed to transfer loads from one set of columns to another; with the south face heavily damaged, the other columns were likely overtaxed. In engineering terms, the “progressive collapse” began on the eastern side, when weakened columns failed from the damage and fire. The entire building fell in on itself as the slumping east side dragged down the west side in a diagonal pattern. Still, damage to the Verizon Building (see p. 21 of this report), directly west of WTC7, and to Fiterman Hall (see here) directly north, show that it was hardly an orderly collapse.

NIST is currently preparing its final report on the collapse of WTC7, which is expected to be released this spring. In order to address concerns of conspiracy theorists, the organization added “Hypothetical Blast Analysis” to its research, according to a December 2006 progress report. The report also points out that “NIST has found no evidence of a blast or controlled demolition.”

FORT Fanatic
    I am sure a gabilliontrillion people have sent this to Rosie but do you think she will ever submit to it? Would she ever have anyone on the show that can really put out her theories or arguments? Elisabeth is a little bug to her. She would never have a big conservative powerhouse on the show to combat her views. They had Bill O'Riely on once I think and she wouldn't answer one question he asked her. She will mention over and over how the people want something different and what the troops to come home but she will never mention how they voted only after being bribed with extra funding/pork for their pet projects. I would thinks she would be appalled that they wouldn't vote to bring them home no matter what.

Rosie is out of control but as long she brings in ratings ABC will not fire her or let her go. The only way to get Rosie gone is to stop watching. Bill Mauer was fired for saying some very similar things years ago on the heels of 911 but it won't happen now because while Rosie is a loose cannon people still watch and that makes sponsors happy and ABC.

Elisabeth speaks out about supposed "feud" with Rosie

Elisabeth Hasslebeck: No Feud with Rosie

Elisabeth Hasslebeck has her own view about Rosie O'Donnell – she's a pal.

"Everyone's always thinking Ro and I don't get along, we're 'enemies,' " The View's youngest – and most conservative – star, 29, tells PEOPLE for its new issue. "Politically, we're rivals. That is clear. However, we are personally friends. We are on e-mail all day long with each other."

As for the gossip reports that O'Donnell's on-air remarks to Hasselbeck have caused the younger star to cry backstage, Hasselbeck shrugs off the stories, saying, "Under these blonde highlights I consider myself a pretty tough person. So don't cry for me, Argentina."

Hasselbeck is equally magnanimous when it comes to the prospect of having more children. "If I could have five kids right now, I'd love that!" she says. "But you realize quickly in life that you're not totally in charge."

Still, speaking for herself as well as for her husband, New York Giants Quarterback Tim Hasselbeck, also 29 – the pair are parents to a 2-year-old daughter, Grace – Hasselbeck says, "We're just trying to be patient, and hopefully in the next year or so I'll be sharing some good news."

Not that she has an issue with getting pregnant again. "I just need to get to a place where my body is ready to have another child. I think I'm the only TV person who's trying to put on 10 lbs.!"
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2305499;
    Elisabeth speaks out about supposed "feud" with Rosie

Elisabeth Hasslebeck: No Feud with Rosie

Elisabeth Hasslebeck has her own view about Rosie O'Donnell she's a pal.

"Everyone's always thinking Ro and I don't get along, we're 'enemies,' " The View's youngest and most conservative star, 29, tells PEOPLE for its new issue. "Politically, we're rivals. That is clear. However, we are personally friends. We are on e-mail all day long with each other."

As for the gossip reports that O'Donnell's on-air remarks to Hasselbeck have caused the younger star to cry backstage, Hasselbeck shrugs off the stories, saying, "Under these blonde highlights I consider myself a pretty tough person. So don't cry for me, Argentina."

Hasselbeck is equally magnanimous when it comes to the prospect of having more children. "If I could have five kids right now, I'd love that!" she says. "But you realize quickly in life that you're not totally in charge."

Still, speaking for herself as well as for her husband, New York Giants Quarterback Tim Hasselbeck, also 29 the pair are parents to a 2-year-old daughter, Grace Hasselbeck says, "We're just trying to be patient, and hopefully in the next year or so I'll be sharing some good news."

Not that she has an issue with getting pregnant again. "I just need to get to a place where my body is ready to have another child. I think I'm the only TV person who's trying to put on 10 lbs.!"
    All she did during her Survivor season was cry! Then you could tell she was crying not long ago because of a conversation they had on the air. Remember her being all hugged up to Barbara after a commercial? I'm very quick to cry too but at least I admit it!

+ Reply to Thread