+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 1115 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526661165161016 ... LastLast
Like Tree1504Likes

Thread: The View

I think you're probably right, it is more lack of life experience, but that makes her come off as seeming quite dim at times to me.
    Rather than admiring the tenacity with which she'll stick to an argument I find myself shaking my head at how incredibly naive she sounds.
    You're right though, might just be lack of life experience.
    I would have hoped she'd managed to pick up a little by her late 20's though.
    It's not like she's a teen.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    She reminds me of my 21 year old son. Hasn't a clue, but can go on and on. I honestly don't think most people start to "get it" until their mid-30s..........but they don't understand that. And guys are usually well behind the girls, when it comes to "getting it"!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

See, I find Star and Joy to be exactly the way you describe Elisabeth. If Bush says it or does it then it is wrong. If someone is a guest on the show that Joy disagrees with she is down right rude and dismissive. I thought both Joy and Star were rude to Elisabeth today, there was definate tension and Joy made a few catty comments in her direction.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Elisabeth most certainly seems to lack life experieces. She's very quick to defend anything bush or republican-wise.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Yes she is, as Star and Joy are quick to defend anything Hillary Clinton or John Kerry when he was running. She is also as you notice on the defense and the only one because Joy and Star are usually the ones so quick to attack.

I think she has quite a bit of life experience for her age. Go read her bio, she isnt that old and that is the reason they brought her on to be the voice of the " younger crowd" no one will be Lisa Ling she was just different and unique among her age group.

OK, here's my two cents about Elisabeth on yesterday's show.

She is definately very passionate about her views. I can respect that. The problem with Elisabeth is that she seems to think that her political views are the only view anyone should have. She was borderline on tears when she was asking Howard Dean the question about his comments about the Republican Party being a "white christian" party. As a Canadian I even know this, but Elisabeth was quite put off by it. Any one who thinks that the Right Wing parties in North America aren't run by the religious right are naive. If Elisabeth feels like she is being ganged up on, on the show, then maybe she shouldn't have her job. The reason she does have her job is to express her views from a conservative point of view. If she can't handle the pressure or express her views without playing the victim card, then maybe its time Barbara found a replacement for her.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    And I think, again, that this goes back to her age. There are just some things that can take a number of years to learn how to deal with, and comfortably standing your ground with older people can be one of them. Believe it or not, age IS more than just a number. That's why 65 year olds are not just like 25 year olds (we hope!). It's the experience factor that takes YEARS to get! But you don't know you don't have it until you get to a certain age, look back, and then you realize that you didn't have it when you thought you did!

IMHO, I think that, not only is Elisabeth young, but she has been a very sheltered individual. And there is a huge difference between book education and "people/street/life education". Some people have one or the other; some people have both.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Newbie
    I believe one will know what Elizabeth will have to say by watching FOX News the previous evening. I wonder if FOX sends her the same talking points as their prime time show hosts.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay
    She reminds me of my 21 year old son. Hasn't a clue, but can go on and on. I honestly don't think most people start to "get it" until their mid-30s..........but they don't understand that. And guys are usually well behind the girls, when it comes to "getting it"!

I read both of your posts, and they make a lot of sense. Im 25 years old and my brother is 28. My brother is a stanford graduated and teaching at Duke. I on the other hand took a taxi home from college, because I couldn't stand it. The Taxi ride was $250 and my parents didnt speak to me for several months. This was 7 years ago.

If you asked my brother directions, he could not tell you how to get from my house to the mall. He lacks total street smarts. I on the othe hand have street smarts, and am very so-so with book smarts.

Like I said before, the view is so hard for me to watch because even when Elizabeth isnt talking about politics, she sounds like a total idiot. There is nothing unqiue, clever or interesting about her. The only thing I could say that is appealing is she's cute, but she lacks common sense in the worse degree.

What Elizabeth truly lacks... is her own personal opinion.

She is obviously repeating what she hears from others. When someone mention "Fox News"... that is pretty much hit it on the head. Never once have I thought the girl had looked at the problem and drew a conclusion on her own. She is always using someone else's pinhead opinion for her own. So she can't develop her own argument for any topic to defend her views. She is just rattling off at the mouth... sounding like a idiot.

And the whole Barbara issue... not a fan. But I suspect that is my age. Plus I found her on going defense of Martha Stewart... and how "Martha is a saint and the nicest person she knows" made Barbara look foolish.

Its fine that Barbara considers Martha Stewart a personal friend... but Barbara got ugly to her own co-host and guest when they talked about Martha and did not do it in glowing words.

For me that made her look like a Class-A "a**kisser".

The fact is that Martha did a little insider trading-selling. She got caught... and she paid the price. I still read Martha's magazine... I always enjoyed her home show. But I seriously doubt she is that gracious of a person to someone she considers beneath her social standing... haha!

+ Reply to Thread