+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1633Likes

Thread: The View

What exactly is Rosie's theory that the u.s. hired terrorists to do this

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace232521;2303191;
    I really agree with you, girlsmom. Today actually felt forced. It was like Rosie was looking for a fight.
    I completely agree. They even teased the segment twice in the first segment, including a "Oh I"m sure this will end up on the news". I think they plan the entire political segment ahead of time, including how Elisabeth is going to feed her the line to give her an opportunity to make her controversial "talk about me" statement.

Laura, Rosie really didn't offer up a theory as to what the motivation was. She simply played that "It just doesn't make sense - think about it". The think that absolutely baffled me about it was her statement that it was the first time in history that fire had melted steel. I drive by a steel mill every day on my way to work. I'd always thought that those huge smoke stacks were somehow related to the furnaces used in the milling process. Now, I'm going to be left wondering until Rosie enlightens me exactly how they do mold steel in to sheets of various shapes and sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1;2303181;

If Rosie hates this country and everything that has to do with it so much...

WHY SHE IS STILL HERE?
    She's never said she hates this country, she just doesn't like the way it's being run.
    Millions of people fall into that category.

FORT Fogey
    I'm not sure I'd place Rosie in the same category that I'd place the millions who don't like how it's being run. I am in the millions who don't like how its being run ... but I am not arguing that we are behind the murder of thousands. I'm not quick to assume that the story on international incidents that is presented by our government and allies must be the false one when stories conflict. Disagreeing with the way the government is being run is fine, and good, and I participate in it. Lobbing the accusations at your country that Rosie has puts you in a different category, as I see it. Maybe it's not hating your country -- but it's something worse than disagreement.

Rosie's views on whether our government had something to do with 9/11 are certainly not unique. There is a VERY large faction of our country that believes exactly as she does, and they have well documented reasons for believing as they do.

I'd suggest googling the topic for those of you that haven't heard the discussion. Very, very interesting reading and it's easy to see how so many believe in the details. I don't believe them in this instance, but I do believe in conspiracy theories and I do believe in the corruption of government and I do believe even this administration is capable of perpetrating a similar act as they are intent on abusing every last power they have been given simply because they can.

But I just don't believe this one. I refuse to. I can't. But... Rosie isn't alone. This isn't her personal wacko idea. It's not a sign that she's completely lost it. Misguided, certainly. Or maybe she believes in the above details and the credibility of those that have presented them (because there are several connected people that are involved.)

And maybe 20 years from now you and I are going to be sitting in our comfy chairs acknowledging that this abrasive Rosie chick was right when the truth all comes out.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I didn't see this morning's show, but I think I know what she was referring to -- I've provided some links below about this conspiracy theory. Rosie is not the first to tout this idea. Partial quote below -- bolding of first sentence is mine.

The official explanations of WTC 7's collapse are problematic for several reasons:

Fire has never caused any steel-framed high-rise building to collapse in any manner, let alone with the vertical precision of Building 7's destruction. 1 Other steel-framed skyscrapers have experienced far more serious fires than Building 7.
    WTC 7 fell straight down, which necessitated that all of the load-bearing columns be broken at the same moment. Inflicting such damage with the precision required to prevent a building from toppling and damaging adjacent buildings is what the science of controlled demolition is all about. No random events, such as the debris damage and fires envisioned by the official reports, or explosions from fuel tanks proposed by some, could be expected to result in such a tidy and complete collapse.
    WTC 7 fell precipitously, at a rate closely approaching the speed of gravitational free-fall. That necessitated the sudden removal of structure near ground level that would have impeded its descent.
    The collapse of WTC 7 exhibited all of the features of a standard controlled demolition. To suppose that a cause other than controlled demolition could produce an event with all of the features uniquely characteristic of controlled demolition defies logic.
    Conspiracy Link

Partial quote below:
    Conspiracy theorists say World Trade Center 7 is the best proof for controlled demolition because it wasn't hit by airliners and only had a few fires. They also claim that there was a confession from the building owner who said he "pulled" it. But this is deceptive because while building 7 wasn't hit by an airliner, it was hit by the large perimeter columns of the Tower collapse. It was 400 ft away but the towers were more than 1300 ft tall. As the tower peeled open, it easily tilted over to reach building 7. Below is evidence showing that conspiracy theorists are wrong.
    Debunking Link

ETA: I see Broadway responded while I was gathering info.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

roseskid

I think there has also been mention of visible explosions at the base of 7 WTC.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fanatic
    So the bad guys whoever they are had explosives set timed to go off at the moment that planes hit the other towers?

FORT Fogey
    In the interest of all sides being repsented, the Popular Mechanics article that is often referred to for its refuting of most all of the 9/11 conspiracy theories covered tower 7 on page 5 of the on-line article.

Link: Debunking The 9/11 Myths - Mar. 2005 Cover Story - Popular Mechanics

I wonder if Rosie will demand that a rep of Popular Mechanics joins her guy from Harvard in discussing this.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2303976;
    I wonder if Rosie will demand that a rep of Popular Mechanics joins her guy from Harvard in discussing this.
    Now, Veruka, I'm guessing that Rosie wouldn't be interested in having some refute her agenda.

+ Reply to Thread