+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1556Likes

Thread: The View

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack;2289860;
    I like Rosie O'Donnell, but lately she has been coming across as a bully.
    Did you say lately...

welcome to Rosie's world.

hmm, lets put Bill Maher on the show and watch Rosie. Next day lets put on Sean Hannity. they'll be screaming and yelling and no self-"moderating" going on the 2nd day. just a theory

I never in my life recall a lady name Meredith Viera yelling and belittling Elisabeth on pretty much a daily basis.

FORT Fogey
    I agree that Rosie is definitely not doing the job the same way that Meredith did - on several counts.

First, yes, it was Meredith's job, and now Rosie's job, to keep the conversation flowing, and to move from topic to topic when needed. But for Meredith to do this, while she did express her opinions, I think she also held back quite often. It's difficult to referee when you're right in the middle of the debate. As involved as Rosie gets in expressing her own views, it's hard to tell when she's truly moving on because of time, and when she's moving on to allow herself to make a point and end in there. If Rosie wants to be as vocal as she is in expressing her views, I think someone else should serve as moderator.

Second, Rosie seems to be making her corrections and smackdowns way too personal. Yesterday in the Rory Kennedy interview, before she reprimanded Elisabeth, she was making faces to someone off screen - it was disrespectful, and unnecessary.

Rosie sees it as her role to control the contet of the show - both in hot topics and in guest selection and interviewing of those guests. If that is the deal she made - if the decision was made to make the show Rosie and her supporting cast rather than 3 - 5 equal co-hosts, then I think the show would benefit from ABC officially stating that publicly. Heck, they could change the name of the show to "The View with Rosie and Friends" to drive home the point. However, if that is NOT the deal that she made -- if the show was supposed to remain in the same format and Rosie is to be treated as an equal to Elisabeth and Joy, then someone in the higher ups of the show needs to give her a SERIOUS smackdown -- off camera, never to be reported to Page Six.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I was channel surfing last night, and finally saw the exchange on Hannity and Combs. Sean Hannity was exploding over how Elisabeth was treated. He, essentially, said that he thought Fox should hire her because she was nice and deserved to be treated better.

Works for me!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2289519;
    Well they need to change the name to Rosie's View if no one else is permitted to have one. I don't care what title Rosie holds, I think she's rude and disrespectful to Elisabeth. I don't always agree with Elisabeth, but I SELDOM agree with Rosie. Elisabeth is a very intelligent young woman and should not have to contend with Rosie and her put downs.
    Agreed 100%.

It's called the View. And why Rosie and Joy are so threatened by Elizabeth's "view" and her opinions is completely beyond me.

I do think Rosie was wrong in her comportment yesterday. She definitely could have done better. It's not so much what you say, as how you say it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2290141;
    I do think Rosie was wrong in her comportment yesterday. She definitely could have done better. It's not so much what you say, as how you say it.
    I agree. She was clearly triggered. You could feel her fury radiating from the screen. That is as much a part of Rosie as Eliz's shattering rants are to her. I enjoy all the personalities there and think the show is much better with the friction and controversy.

For those of you who are up in arms about this, do you really want a mellow, calm show with no drama? Meredith did a good job and the show was very different then. I think this is a nice change and fun to watch.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat;2290178;
    For those of you who are up in arms about this, do you really want a mellow, calm show with no drama? Meredith did a good job and the show was very different then. I think this is a nice change and fun to watch.
    I'll admit that I'm split on this. On the one hand, I DVR the show every day now, because I got tired of hearing so much chatter about things that happened which I missed. So you're right - I obviously do enjoy watching the tiffs that generate discussion, or else I wouldn't DVR it.

On the other hand, my issue with the show is more Rosie than it is drama or a lack thereof. I just don't respect her. I think she's far more self-centered than she appears willing to accept, and her hypocrisy rises to heights that I don't see in a lot of people. So when she gets heat for the things she does and says, I think she deserves it, and I don't mind joining in on it.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2290141;
    But that very same comment could be, and has been, made about how Elisabeth conducted herself yesterday. Yesterday's spat was not about Elisabeth's viewpoint, per se, but rather about how she refused to allow the guest to complete her purpose for being on the show.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2290191;
    But that very same comment could be, and has been, made about how Elisabeth conducted herself yesterday. Yesterday's spat was not about Elisabeth's viewpoint, per se, but rather about how she refused to allow the guest to complete her purpose for being on the show.
    Which is what Rosie was guilty of when Sarah Furgeson appeared on the show, and Rosie talked over her talking about the funeral she'd gone to for a friend of hers, the ring tone she wanted on her cell phone, and a vareity of other topics. If talking over guests is a no-no on that show, then all of the hosts need to be reprimanded.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2290191;
    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2290202;
    Which is what Rosie was guilty of when Sarah Furgeson appeared on the show, and Rosie talked over her talking about the funeral she'd gone to for a friend of hers, the ring tone she wanted on her cell phone, and a vareity of other topics. If talking over guests is a no-no on that show, then all of the hosts need to be reprimanded.

True, on both accounts.

+ Reply to Thread