+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1563Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fan
    I love celebrity feuds and I guess Oprah has had it with Rosie. On her XM radio show she slammed Rosie saying she was disappointed in her and didn't want to have anything to do with her. I guess because Rosie was making fun of "The Secret" Rosie responded in her blog:

she doesnt know me
    and i dont know her

In fairness, many people have been critical of O and "The Secret"
    Last edited by snarkattack; 03-20-2007 at 06:44 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Now, I don't know for sure, but "The Secret" sounds like a recipe for kool-aid drinkers to me. A lot of people know that I really like Oprah, but I don't dabble in kool-aid.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

So, if nothing in the book turns out to be true, is she going to personally flog him/her a la "A million little pieces"?
    Anyway, i felt nervous when Rosie pulled rank today on Hasslebeck. It seemed a little too "parent to child", which i wouldn't take kindly. I can also see how it's easy to become frustrated with Elizabeth. Heck, i even saw Joy looking at her funny and making faces.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Rosie is in the moderator position, and Elizabeth was blathering incessant rhetoric over a guest's comments. It was long winded and uninformative.

I'm in the corner that Rosie was right to cut her off and put her in her place. Sorry to disagree with most of you, but Elizabeth needs to be shut up on occasion -- she's an unintelligent drone that is incapable of learning or understanding anything outside the FOX News box, and that's how she sounded at that moment. I don't ever recall Rosie doing that to a guest so incessantly.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by muggle;2289193;
    I don't ever recall Rosie doing that to a guest so incessantly.
    You obviously weren't watching when the Big Brother houseguests were on.

Sorry, had to add a little levity to the thread.

Well they need to change the name to Rosie's View if no one else is permitted to have one. I don't care what title Rosie holds, I think she's rude and disrespectful to Elisabeth. I don't always agree with Elisabeth, but I SELDOM agree with Rosie. Elisabeth is a very intelligent young woman and should not have to contend with Rosie and her put downs.

FORT Fogey
    I had no problem with Rosie doing her job as moderator. Her position on this show is to steer the ship.

The guest was Rory and the subject was her documentary. It was not the right place for Elizabeth to climb on her torture soap box, yet again. We have all heard her position on this many times. It was Rory's turn to tell us what she learned. We heard precious little of that.

Eliz wasn't listening to Rory. She was merely waiting for her to finish so she could speak her mind. Rory was clearly saying that studies have shown that more information is gotten by befriending the enemy than torture. She also stated that orders came from above for the torture in Abu Grave. Elizabeths questions to her were inappropriate and not related to that information. She attacked Rory by demanding she address her own views. It was closed minded and childish.

On a previous show she deemed that NOT torturing terrorist suspects was akin to pampering them with luxuries. What do we do, feed them capachino and give them massages, or something like that. This young woman is resistant to considering any shade of gray.

It was appropriate for Rosie to stop Eliz's rant. Bravo.

Agreed. BW did the same thing last summer and then in the next segment Hasselbeck was sitting on her lap.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2289519;
    Well they need to change the name to Rosie's View if no one else is permitted to have one. I don't care what title Rosie holds, I think she's rude and disrespectful to Elisabeth. I don't always agree with Elisabeth, but I SELDOM agree with Rosie. Elisabeth is a very intelligent young woman and should not have to contend with Rosie and her put downs.
    agreed, sadly since Rosie is the "moderator" there is no one to ever put an end to her rants which seem to outnumber the rest of the panels on a daily basis. As far as Elisabeth getting her "news" from FOX, I would guess they all get their news from somewhere. Rosie probably gets hers from the far left leaning NBC, NY Times, and CNN, which naturally she would being a far leaning lefty and of course Elisabeth would get hers from the far leaning right FOX. They all spit it back out how they see it with none of them seeing anything else but their own view point as has become the norm in this country. We are becoming more and more polarized in our views and this show is a good example of the conversations that go on across the nation everyday.

FORT Fan
    I like Rosie O'Donnell, but lately she has been coming across as a bully.

+ Reply to Thread