+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 1135 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425651155151015 ... LastLast
Like Tree1627Likes

Thread: The View

Yeah, i never understood what the big deal about barbara was. As if she were something special. She doesn't really add anything to anything.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    The big deal is that she is a legend in her field of interviewing newsmakers. When the 20-somethings are her age, some of them will be legends, too. At least we hope so.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay
    The big deal is that she is a legend in her field of interviewing newsmakers. When the 20-somethings are her age, some of them will be legends, too. At least we hope so.
    Look at Dan Rather, he has interviewed and gone to a lot more places then Walters. Yes, he did a make a big mistake, but look how much flak he got, but he didn't interview Ron Jeremy, either.

That is just one example, I could think of tons of people where someone could be considered a legend, but they make a mistake big or small, and the public totally trashes them. Barbara has made some along the way.

I have more respect for other people then Barbara, like Lisa Ling. She hasn't been in the spotlight for long and has probably done more good for humanity. She has actually risked her life in some of the things she's done. But Walters wants to be padded on the back for always sending thank you notes.

What I don't like about her is that she comes off sorta prim and proper, miss know it all, arrogant, and also is a little condecending(sp) but it many respects Barbara is just as naive is Elizabeth, if you listen to her speak.

I don't really like Joy, but Joy knows she's a bitch, and doesn't pretend not too be.
    Last edited by jman79; 08-24-2005 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jman79
    Look at Dan Rather, he has interviewed and gone to a lot more places then Walters. Yes, he did a make a big mistake, but look how much flak he got, but he didn't interview Ron Jeremy, either.

What's wrong with going out on a limb sometimes? What's wrong with interviewing Ron Jeremy? I'm sure quite a few people may be interested in 'what kind of tree he would be, if he were".

That is just one example, I could think of tons of people where someone could be considered a legend, but they make a mistake big or small, and the public totally trashes them. Barbara has made some along the way.

So people make mistakes. Such is life. Sometimes mistakes make life more interesting. Perfection can be ridiculously boring.

I have more respect for other people then Barbara, like Lisa Ling. She hasn't been in the spotlight for long and has probably done more good for humanity. She has actually risked her life in some of the things she's done. But Walters wants to be padded on the back for always sending thank you notes.

Lisa is a fabulously interesting woman. Talk about a brainiac! I am a true fan.

What I don't like about her is that she comes off sorta prim and proper, miss know it all, arrogant, and also is a little condecending(sp) but it many respects Barbara is just as naive is Elizabeth, if you listen to her speak.

I know a lot of "prim and proper women", and it seems to have a lot to do with how they were reared. I don't know if you've noticed, but Barbara also has the ability to laugh at herself. That is a great trait. I have to admit, she is not one of my favorite celebs; she just happens to work better with scripted lines than she does with the free flow of The View, I think. Her stammering makes me crazy.

I don't really like Joy, but Joy knows she's a bitch, and doesn't pretend not too be.
    'Tis the beauty of Miss Joy! I am a huge fan of hers!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I went to a live taping of the View. It was a lot of fun. I enjoyed it. The ladies are pretty nice..the only bad part was that I went on the show when Tom Arnold was there along with the Bridezillas. Not fans of either.
    "Remember, it's better to burn out then to fade away."
    -- Kurt Cobain

FORT Fanatic
    Watching the view is like to going to the denist, but no novicane. I rarely watch. I loved Danny Bonaduce on there. Yes, he is a trainwreck, but I love the comment he made about wa-wa taking about pee breaks for 4 minutes after she was shooting her mouth off. It was too funny. HOW DARE ANYONE TALKING TO MS WALTERS LIKE THAT? And that Elizabeth, god, she must be very good in the sack, because she is has no redeeming quality. It is bothersome, because she talks as an expert about issues, but you know she probably hasn't opened a book in years. She knows nothing.

Elizabeth annoyed the hell out of me today with her comments.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I actually found Elisabeth to be great today! I loved her comments especially to Howard Dean! Star and Joy annoy me to no end with their comments and tunnel vision and Elisabeth is refreshing with the singular different view point on a show that is supposed to be about women who have different points of view.

I find Elisabeth to have the most tunnel vision of all of them.
    I have found that the others at least make room for other possibilities, whereas Elisabeth is party line all the way. (I do admit I might feel that way in part because I rarely if ever agree with her )
    She seems to think it her singular duty in life to defend Dubya for his every word and deed and simply refuses to acknowledge that his adminstration might ever mess up or do anything that requires them to take some blame.
    Joy said last week that "unlike this administration" she is capable of thinking of two things at once (re the need to balance the attack on Iraq and needing to take care of the people struggling after Katrina).
    Elisabeth's only pitiful response was "that was a low blow".

I find myself getting regularly heated at her extremely naive arguments.
    "People decided not to give money to the Katrina find after Kayne West's comments".
    Star asked her if she considered that his comments might also have spurred people to give because they agree with him.
    You can tell that thought had never crossed her mind.
    It was an "Oh, I never thought of that" moment, although she obviously didn't acknowledge it because that would mean that there are some people out there who don't view the world in the same way she does.
    I have no problem with her having differing views to me, I just wish they'd picked someone who was a lot more intelligent than she appears to be.

Fluff, for the most part, I agree with you, but I don't know that Elisabeth's problem is a lack of intelligence or a lack of life experience. I want to believe that it is the latter.

+ Reply to Thread