+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1366Likes

Thread: The View

I'm older than Rosie and I rarely agree with her. What Rosie is insinuating is that "when you are my age, you will be more wise and understand more..."

Hogwash.

Rosie is not the holder of all wisdom and truth. Far from it.

Its about opinion through life experiences and personal world view.
    Fabulous Fifty

Want to be green?? Join the Premium Member FORT team. Click for more info!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaky;2260491;
    I'm older than Rosie and I rarely agree with her. What Rosie is insinuating is that "when you are my age, you will be more wise and understand more..."

Hogwash.

Nope. Rosie is, by and large, a moron.

That's what she and Elizabeth usually are--dueling morons from opposite ends.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2260603;

^ yup

someone embarassed themselves on camera today

Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2260603;

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;2261027;
    ^ yup

someone embarassed themselves on camera today

Dennis Miller

If I my ask---What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaky;2260491;
    She may have points to make here 'n there, but yeah..she's not the holder of all wisdom.
    Exactly!
    She (no doubt) has experience in whatever she has experience in, but she screams her opinions on issues that she probably hasn't had experience in. Then, doesn't care who says what, and acts like everyone can eff-off who opposes her. In her pursuit of wanting to 'better' the world, she lost focus of who she really is. She's a comedian. She needs to revisit her roots, because I think she's tragically flailing about, screaming here and there and ruining her image in the process.

I understand her point about the Patriot Act. She may have got more honey with her VIEWpoint, but I disagree with her way of bringing it to the coffee clatch with dingdong Elizabeth.
    Here's my humble opinion:
    Sometimes Rosie has to fact check, self-check, and volume check her opinions & views. She was hoping to generate attention for ratings, but in the process..probably got more people switching sides with their "likey no-likey" meters. She's using the cameras as her weapons, and I'd be glad if the cameras stopped filming her at this point.

She'd probably have more "fans" if she reeled in her obnoxious parts and presented her opinions better. We all need to do that at times, myself not excluded.

My mother can't stand the woman, and I consistently fail (purposefully most of the time) to defend Ms Screamy-Meme O'Donnell.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fogey
    I just had the opportunity to see the hot topics discussion from yesterday that led Rosie to write Elisabeth off as just being too young. After watching it, and reflecting on Joy's comments and arguments over the years, I'm left wondering -- if being too young to really know is the explanation for Elisabeth, what exactly is the explanation for Joy? If her arguments are not equal in emptiness to Elisabeth's, then they're even more empty.

That's so true Veruka.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Rosie was getting on my nerves so bad during the interview with Bob Woodruff! She would ask him a question and then when he did not go as far as she wanted him to (about the war) she would fire off another one. I wish she would have just let him talk. I actually agree with most of what Rosie says about the war. I just wish she had just stepped back a little.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I missed that. I've gotten a bit tired of the Bob Woodruff media saturation. Now why didn't I get tired of the ANS saturation?? Oh well....
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Hmmmm... I didn't get that impression at all. I do think she was trying to delve a little bit too much into areas that surprised Bob Woodruff, but I didn't get the impression that she was trying to politicize the discussion.

And there was a lot of discussion this past weekend about how badly Rosie felt about her on air treatment of Elizabeth. You could really, really see the respect that she was providing to Elizabeth today; trying to step back and not interrupt anything that Liz had to say. It was refreshing.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread