+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1563Likes

Thread: The View

well since everyone wants to say conservatives are puppets and parrots of "Faux News" and the Bush Administration, etc

shouldn't she be able to get a job there?

Veruka, her "voice" is still not being heard...she's just there to do crafts and decoration type shhh and so that Rosie can have someone to argue with

all these mental beatings will finally get to her, so it's better she walk away... Rosie will get so bored that she has noone to yell at and call ignorant.

Disclaimer:
    I like Elizabeth, I even liked her on Survivor.

I think the show needs a strong conservative voice, unfortunately Elizabeth is not very good at voicing her views and backing them up. The just spouts the conservative party line and when someone asks her to explain why she feels that way, she doesn't do a good sell job. I do think she is getting better at making points.

If Elizabeth were to leave The View, I think she would probably be a success. She is a fashion designer and would probably leave the talk show arena.

I have to laugh at Elizabeth. Lately she has been mentioning a lot how Hillary is flip-flopping her views. She says how much she likes Mitt Romney. Of course, she is unaware of how much flip-flopping Mitt has been doing as well!

I was really surprised during yesterday's show when Elizabeth mentioned how she used to sneak out of her parents' house when she was 14 or so to meet boys. Even Rosie was shocked that Elizabeth would do such a thing! Then Elizabeth's dad called in to talk to Elizabeth about these late night rendezvous and the high electric bills that would occur since she busted the electric meter on her way out of the house!

I haven't watched today's show yet.....will do that as soon as I am done here in the FORT! Sounds like a good one!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC
    I have to laugh at Elizabeth. Lately she has been mentioning a lot how Hillary is flip-flopping her views. She says how much she likes Mitt Romney. Of course, she is unaware of how much flip-flopping Mitt has been doing as well!
    I always laugh at Elisabeth.

P.S. When i was about to type in your name for the quote, i was going to type "HotMama". I don't know how that even came up.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    I hate to say I DO agree with Rosie on Liz's age..

Being 15 years older she HAS lived a bit more and done more. There is no doubt about that. Heck at 34 I have a better understanding of the world around me then I did at 30. I can only assume that at 45, if I take the time to care, I would have an even better one. I nearly wanted to reach in and smack Elizabeth for her "that’s ageism" comment!

1. That is a term that is generally used when talking about the elderly.. not someone in their 30s. (Not to say it can't be but it’s not as common). Ageism

2. By her saying that to Rosie, and the way it was said, only shows that yes she is still young. To me her mannerisms and tone of voice made her sound childish and the fact she said it at all was immature. (In my opinion)

There are things in our History that generations that came before us lived through.. we can only read about in school books or see in movies. We can't take away from those that have lived them, or lived through them. When Rosie was 30, Elizabeth was 15.. sneaking out to 'talk to a boy'.. when Rosie was 20 Elizabeth was 5.. I hardly think that she had an understanding of what was going on in Vietnam. Rosie was right.. she IS young.

We can read all we want.. watch all the news reels we want.. but until it affects you on a personal level you can't say you understand. Politics, War, Religion are all touchy subjects, at any age, so I'm not going to even get in to that here.. but I must say I applaud ANY one at ANY age that does take an active role or interest in politics. It’s a hard thing to follow at times and can be more discouraging then rewarding depending on your views.

I think that in Elizabeth’s case, it’s like it was how she was raised to think and never ventured out on her own to form her own opinion. She lacks a certain 'street credit' if you will, when she tries to argue her points. All she needs is the facts to back her opinion up and I might have more respect for her. Heck I would have had more respect if she said “Ya know you could be right I am still younger then the rest of you.. maybe I do have something to learn.” We all know that it would never happen
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG;2259300;
    I pretty much agree with what Rosie was saying about the administration/war/propaganda, but I think the comment about Elizabeth being too young to understand was wrong.

Faux News
    I agree with you. I was agreeing with Rosie right up until she said what she did about Elizabeth being too young to know what she was talking about.
    That was uncalled for. Just because Elizabeth disagreed with Rosie, and me, I see no reason to blame her opinion on being too young to even have one.
    Apparently Rosie is just the perfect ago to know everything about everything. I wonder if there will come a time, or age, when she has to let someone else have an opinion?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Whether folks want to admit it or not...age is more than just a number!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;2259836;
    I think that in Elizabeths case, its like it was how she was raised to think and never ventured out on her own to form her own opinion. She lacks a certain 'street credit' if you will, when she tries to argue her points. All she needs is the facts to back her opinion up and I might have more respect for her. Heck I would have had more respect if she said Ya know you could be right I am still younger then the rest of you.. maybe I do have something to learn. We all know that it would never happen
    Elizabeth unfortunately doesn't really doesn't understand the concept of what a "fact" is either. Or concepts like "proof" or "evidence". I caught a bit of a show this past week where she actually talked about how the fact that something appeared in different gospels was "proof" that it was true. I mean I'm willing to go along with the idea of faith, but you aren't supposed to confuse things you believe because of faith with actual "proof". You either believe it despite the lack of proof, and that's "faith", or you build a case outside of the writings in some other manner, and that's "proof".

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fanatic
    I was a little upset about the age comment Rosie made until Rosie explained further AND I came here to read some of the comments made [FireWoman's comments in particular]. It is true what Rosie said - Elizabeth is young and hasn't experienced half of what Rosie & Joy have. Therefore she doesn't understand the cost of The Patriot Act like they do.

It's just how Rosie made it seem like Elizabeth didn't understand because she was only 30 - that kind of implied that anyone who's 30 would be just as immature and uncomprehending. Even though I'm Elizabeth's age (though I don't live in the US) I completely understand how the Patriot Act is infringing on the rights and freedoms of US citizens, and am baffled that she can't separate party propoganda from the real deal. You don't have to agree with everything your political party does in order to remain loyal or maintain your morality and personal views and it's a shame that at 30 she doesn't yet get that.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Just wait until you get to be 40, and look back and realize how much you didn't know at 30!!! It's amazing!! It just takes getting there.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread