+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree977Likes

Thread: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2250778;
    I would apportion blame a tiny bit differently.

The policy is the cruise lines. They are the one who allows someone to charter an entire cruise and pre-empt existing bookings... but...

This is also a kind of "the rich wield their power unthinkingly" situation. The fact is that Rosie probably didn't think twice about HOW the cruise line could book an entire ship for her. And if you think about it, the cruise line is NEVER going to change that policy, because they know that if the rich person can't book an entire ship from them, he or she will simply go to another cruise line and they will lose the business.

So its not the cruise line's fault per se, as much as it is the rather automatic assumption that they had to keep Rosie's business. And on Rosie's part its pretty much a case of her not bothering to think about how exactly it comes about that a whole ship is available, when such a notion is clearly impossible with a resource thats pretty much inherently has very limited availability.

Rosie likes to go on about how she doesn't think "like a rich person" (I saw that recording of her arguing with Barbara Walters about this). But when you've got that kind of money and influence, I'm sorry Rosie... you use it like a rich person. It just happens.
    I just dont' see how this is a "rich" person vs. regular person situation. Yes we have all seen rich people throw their power around BUT I am not seeing proof of that here.

I worked in the hospitality industry for years and trust me hotels just like cruise lines will bump people if it means filling their hotel/cruise ship. If you worked for a cruise line and you didn't have all the cabins sold for a certain date and someone calls and wants to book the whole ship, trust me they will weigh their options and 9 times out of 10 will go with a guaranteed full ship.

I don't know what cruise ship policy is but most hotels when they have to bump you do make reservations for you at another compatiable hotel.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101;2252271;
    re yesterday's audience member...can you imagine how happy the producers must have been to find that someone in the audience has sex toy parties at nite. wonder what interesting tidbit the back up audience member had.
    i'm just now watching yesterday's show and i was laughing my butt off when they were talking about what she does for a living. and i loved elisabeth's comment ... "so you do physical therapy by day, and then you do physical therapy by night?"

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by march;2252285;

I worked in the hospitality industry for years and trust me hotels just like cruise lines will bump people if it means filling their hotel/cruise ship. If you worked for a cruise line and you didn't have all the cabins sold for a certain date and someone calls and wants to book the whole ship, trust me they will weigh their options and 9 times out of 10 will go with a guaranteed full ship.
    Yup! I wont vilify rosie because the crui$e line doesn't value their customers.

Again, I can't stand babs. Especially when she has a show on tv, she constantly pimps it throughout the hour. It's so annoying! Go away, bw, please dissapear from my screen.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2250697;
    Yes, today's co-host was an audience member.

Elisabeth said she was asked to do Dancing With The Stars, but said she couldn't because she didn't have time due to her job on The View.
    People who are a heck of a lot busier than I would imagine Elisabeth to be have done it, so that excuse seemed a bit lame to me.
    Still, I'm just pleased I won't have to see her on DWtS, even though I suspect she'd have been voted out very early.
    Is it because the View is in NY and Dancing is in LA? I would think that would be the biggest obstacle. (Although that's only my speculation since I have really no idea.)

Hmm, that makes a lot of sense then, justcoz.
    It would be very difficult, if not impossible for her to make those cross-country trips and work on The View.
    If that is the case then it's not about her being busy as such as she implied, but it's more a logistical issue.
    If the show was filmed in NY and she could train in NY then the 'too busy' excuse wouldn't make any sense to me.
    Whatever the reason I'm just pleased she won't be on the show.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Either way she'd probably suck as a dancer.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    it would certainly be interesting to see her try to be sexy while doing the salsa.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I'm not sure 'sexy' is in her vanilla vocabulary.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2254003;
    I'm not sure 'sexy' is in her vanilla vocabulary.
    We'd have to settle for a 'perky' salsa at best.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Definitely that internal poker would keep her from moving her hips the way they do on Dancing. (hmmm hope that's PG enough)

+ Reply to Thread