+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

Exactly, Duxx.
    Even people who don't like Rosie surely can't deny she's a very generous woman.
    She's just back from vacation and might not even know about this, even if she does she hasn't had much time to react.
    It wouldn't surprise me at all if she gave a free vacation to the families concerned, but even if she doesn't, this isn't her fault imo so the onus shouldn't be on her to sort it out.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I think if she were cognizant, she'd likely do something about it. But i digress. Was today's co-host a contest winner as well? I wasn't expecting to see her, i don'r even know who she is.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Yes, today's co-host was an audience member.

Elisabeth said she was asked to do Dancing With The Stars, but said she couldn't because she didn't have time due to her job on The View.
    People who are a heck of a lot busier than I would imagine Elisabeth to be have done it, so that excuse seemed a bit lame to me.
    Still, I'm just pleased I won't have to see her on DWtS, even though I suspect she'd have been voted out very early.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2250697;
    Yes, today's co-host was an audience member.

Elisabeth said she was asked to do Dancing With The Stars, but said she couldn't because she didn't have time due to her job on The View.
    People who are a heck of a lot busier than I would imagine Elisabeth to be have done it, so that excuse seemed a bit lame to me.
    Still, I'm just pleased I won't have to see her on DWtS, even though I suspect she'd have been voted out very early.
    UGHHHHHH...They ask someone like Elizabeth but don't ask Kelly Ripa? I don't know why they have not even approached Kelly Ripa. She mentioned a few weeks ago that she had never been asked. I think she would be great on the show. THANK GOODNESS Elizabeth declined!

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2250622;
    Agreed. Norwegian cancelled their bookings so by default blame Rosie? They need to take it up with the company.
    I would apportion blame a tiny bit differently.

The policy is the cruise lines. They are the one who allows someone to charter an entire cruise and pre-empt existing bookings... but...

This is also a kind of "the rich wield their power unthinkingly" situation. The fact is that Rosie probably didn't think twice about HOW the cruise line could book an entire ship for her. And if you think about it, the cruise line is NEVER going to change that policy, because they know that if the rich person can't book an entire ship from them, he or she will simply go to another cruise line and they will lose the business.

So its not the cruise line's fault per se, as much as it is the rather automatic assumption that they had to keep Rosie's business. And on Rosie's part its pretty much a case of her not bothering to think about how exactly it comes about that a whole ship is available, when such a notion is clearly impossible with a resource thats pretty much inherently has very limited availability.

Rosie likes to go on about how she doesn't think "like a rich person" (I saw that recording of her arguing with Barbara Walters about this). But when you've got that kind of money and influence, I'm sorry Rosie... you use it like a rich person. It just happens.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz;2250714;
    UGHHHHHH...They ask someone like Elizabeth but don't ask Kelly Ripa? I don't know why they have not even approached Kelly Ripa. She mentioned a few weeks ago that she had never been asked. I think she would be great on the show. THANK GOODNESS Elizabeth declined!
    It might have been amusing to see her for the one week she'd last before getting eliminated.
    Although she claims to be an athlete, anyone who saw her on Survivor surely can't argue that she's a very awkward-looking runner.
    I can't imagine she'd make a very elegant dancer.
    Last edited by fluff; 02-22-2007 at 02:21 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    She probably thinks that if you are a married woman, you shouldn't be dancing with another man.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think she has said something to that effect in the past, commenting on the intimacy between the dancers.
    She has one child, a job that can't possibly take more than three hours a day and a husband who, although he has to keep training in the off-season, now has plenty of time on his hands, it's not as though he's going to be playing for the Giants once the season starts.
    The lack of time excuse seemed feeble.
    Although I guess she could be doing all sorts in her non-View time.
    I can't imagine peope are hammering at her door to get her to do other things though.
    I did find it amusing that the crowd greeted the news that Heather Mills would be participating with complete silence

FORT Fanatic
    re dancing and that 24 yr old speed skater [ohno], the press release said:
    "It's great to get someone in the middle of their career,".

middle of his career? he's only 24???

FORT Fanatic
    re yesterday's audience member...can you imagine how happy the producers must have been to find that someone in the audience has sex toy parties at nite. wonder what interesting tidbit the back up audience member had.

+ Reply to Thread