+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1304Likes

Thread: The View

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I saw The View today and during Hot Topics they discussed the Astronaut who drove to Orlando in a love triangle. While it's definitely a strange story, why is it okay for Rosie to laugh hysterically about this woman (who obviously had a mental breakdown) and then criticize this season of American Idol when people are laughed at? Can someone explain the difference? If laughing at the mentally unstable is unacceptable in Rosie's eyes (i.e., the people who go on American Idol who have mental issues), then why is laughing at this woman any different?

She can be quite hypocritical.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;2232835;
    I saw The View today and during Hot Topics they discussed the Astronaut who drove to Orlando in a love triangle. While it's definitely a strange story, why is it okay for Rosie to laugh hysterically about this woman (who obviously had a mental breakdown) and then criticize this season of American Idol when people are laughed at? Can someone explain the difference? If laughing at the mentally unstable is unacceptable in Rosie's eyes (i.e., the people who go on American Idol who have mental issues), then why is laughing at this woman any different?

This sort of hypocrisy has always been my number one beef with Rosie.

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;2232835;

That would certainly be a legitimate question to ask of her, marybeth. Perhaps an email would be in order. Seriously.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    OK, since I almost never see The View (but love reading about here) can someone explain the "more mama" thing to me? Thanks!

Well because her life partner is skinny and the kids have two moms, the kids call Rosie, "more mama" because she is obviously larger.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSol;2232883;
    Well because her life partner is skinny and the kids have two moms, the kids call Rosie, "more mama" because she is obviously larger.
    Ah, leave to the kids to nail it! And in a kind of nice way. Thanks!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2232913;
    Ah, leave to the kids to nail it! And in a kind of nice way. Thanks!
    yep ... i love that. and she was telling a story a couple of weeks ago about her youngest, vivi, asked why rosie was upset one weekend and she told her that a man called her fat and ugly. vivi responded, "mama, you're not ugly!"

gotta love the honesty of a child!!!

personally, i love how rosie embraces her fatness (though i wouldn't classify her as fat). as a fellow fat person, it's nice to see a celebrity not care what other people say about them and not jumping on the weight watchers/jenny craig/trimspa/whatever bandwagon.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I think a lot of us laughed at the "astronaut-so-nice" (per Elisabeth), because we all know how crazy love issues can/have made us---though, I hope, not to her extent. We're all just glad that we didn't get "that creative" when we got our feelings hurt!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I'm still trying to wonder if her depends comment is true or not.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2233283;
    I'm still trying to wonder if her depends comment is true or not.
    well ... she very well could be using some kind of 'bladder control' product ... they make them like pads, just like you would use for your period. a lot of peri-menopausal women have bladder control issues and they are a godsend ... *wink*

-------------

i loved the whole discussion about the minister guy being "cured" ... good opinions being shared today.

-------------

my favorite quote from today's show:

regarding walking around naked at home, joy says: "i couldn't do it ... without a bra, i could trip."

+ Reply to Thread