+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree983Likes

Thread: The View

  1. #1331
    Scrappy Spartan Broadway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,963
    Oh phooey... I can't remember them all, but I laugh every week as I read them. This weekend's was the head of the WWF.

    Condi Rice counts as the first... I believe Angelina Jolie was next... then there was at least one or two other people in the last couple of weeks that he's had to make nasty comments about in the press... then the WWF guy.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

  2. #1332
    shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    michigan
    Age
    50
    Posts
    6,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2221699;
    Oh phooey... I can't remember them all, but I laugh every week as I read them. This weekend's was the head of the WWF.
    woah ... i'm out of the loop! i think i need to go do some internet searching!

    i'm a day behind in watching the view ... haven't seen tuesday's yet, but i noticed woopie was on there. did anyone watch? I LOVE WOOPIE!

  3. #1333
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2,053
    Barbara Walters is on Ellen right now. She was introduced, as she frequently is, as being a ground breaker for women, everywhere. I am so sick of this. The producers of the Today show and Dave Garroway, who was host at the time, decided to bring a woman onboard because housewives were the bulk of their audience. It is not like she stormed NBC and said it is time for WOMAN, hear me roar.


    okay, done. :0)

  4. #1334
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,144
    Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2222157;
    woah ... i'm out of the loop! i think i need to go do some internet searching!

    i'm a day behind in watching the view ... haven't seen tuesday's yet, but i noticed woopie was on there. did anyone watch? I LOVE WOOPIE!
    I knew about Condi Rice and I found the references to Angelina but don't know the name of the WWF guy, Vince Mann I think????
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  5. #1335
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,144
    OK its Vince Mcmahon. The Dump Trump and Mcmahon at doing a deal where they will have a Battle of the Billionaires where a wrestler representing Vince will battle a wrestler representing Dump Truck. Supposedly this scheme is supposed to help sagging Apprentice ratings. Me, I don't want to see to wrestlers go at it I want to see the real Donald and the real Rosie go at it in the ring. Dump Truck claims he is athlectic and in shape, (round in a shape) so he should do well, thing is will Super Mouth (Rosie) talk him to death.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  6. #1336
    Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    whatever
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2221699;
    Condi Rice counts as the first... I believe Angelina Jolie was next... then there was at least one or two other people in the last couple of weeks that he's had to make nasty comments about in the press... then the WWF guy.
    He doesn't like her because she's the one woman he can't buy for his collection and she might see through his narcissism.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

  7. #1337
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    24,387
    What did he say about Condi Rice?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  8. #1338
    Scrappy Spartan Broadway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,963
    I don't remember the specifics at the moment... but basically he said she was fluff without substance. She gets off of a plane and waves... goes to a meeting and smiles... gets back onto a plane and waves.. and does nothing in between.

    Ahh.. here it is. (mods.. the link that I've found at the moment is to another message board so I don't/can't link to it... )

    Real estate tycoon Donald Trump says he'd like to fire U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice because of what he sees as poor negotiating skills.

    ADVERTISEMENT

    Trump -- who has lately been engaged in a public feud with "The View" co-host Rosie O'Donnell -- offered his critique in an interview on Fox News, the New York Daily News reported.

    Trump said Rice seems like a nice person, but doesn't cut it as a negotiator.

    "I see Condoleezza Rice -- she goes on a plane, she gets off a plane, she waves, she goes there to meet some dictator," Trump said. "They talk, she leaves, she waves, the plane takes off. Nothing happens, it's a joke, nothing ever happens. I think she's a very nice woman, but I don't want a nice woman. I want someone that's not necessarily nice."
    Last edited by Broadway; 01-31-2007 at 09:56 PM.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

  9. #1339
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    24,387
    You know...I can't help but wonder what Donald is doing to make this country a better place?

    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/goss...p-411470c.html

    I must add that I am not a big fan of Condoleezza Rice, but I know there is more to what she's doing than what we see on the CNN news. Donald makes himself sound so stupid.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 01-31-2007 at 10:16 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  10. #1340
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    14,729
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2222822;
    I don't remember the specifics at the moment... but basically he said she was fluff without substance. She gets off of a plane and waves... goes to a meeting and smiles... gets back onto a plane and waves.. and does nothing in between.

    Ahh.. here it is. (mods.. the link that I've found at the moment is to another message board so I don't/can't link to it... )

    Real estate tycoon Donald Trump says he'd like to fire U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice because of what he sees as poor negotiating skills.

    ADVERTISEMENT

    Trump -- who has lately been engaged in a public feud with "The View" co-host Rosie O'Donnell -- offered his critique in an interview on Fox News, the New York Daily News reported.

    Trump said Rice seems like a nice person, but doesn't cut it as a negotiator.

    "I see Condoleezza Rice -- she goes on a plane, she gets off a plane, she waves, she goes there to meet some dictator," Trump said. "They talk, she leaves, she waves, the plane takes off. Nothing happens, it's a joke, nothing ever happens. I think she's a very nice woman, but I don't want a nice woman. I want someone that's not necessarily nice."
    Is he proposing Rosie as Sec. of State?

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.