+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree975Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I want to say that yesterday, hot topics went on for about 40 minutes! That was great! And, yes, they would do full hours...not super frequently...of hot topics when Star was there. Guess they couldn't book a vapid celebrity?

Did anyone notice, yesterday, how Barbara was practically sitting in Rosie's lap while Forest Whitaker was there? But then, Forest was sitting on half of two different seats (that struck me as being uncomfortable, but maybe not), but there were significant amounts of room on either side of him, so she wasn't exactly being crowded out.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey
    They should get rid of that hard, couch, sectional, bench. Terrible. The Today show does well with a comfortable couch and two chairs flanking it with a coffee table. It is not comfortable watching the interviews because they are not comfortable.

Rosie said that it was designed for them to sit on it without their bodies scrunching to show bad body angles. Well, just get a firm sofa then. sheeeeeeeesh.

Did yall watch the segment on autism? it was so touching and would love it if they would do for days on it.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I could not watch that. I did notice that Rosie did not have her loud voice working, though. The show did make me thankful for the life that I've experienced.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Toby;2219719;
    Did yall watch the segment on autism? it was so touching and would love it if they would do for days on it.
    I missed the segment on autism. Is it available to view online anywhere? The last few times I have watched The View Rosie always takes over. How did that go today? Did they have any good information (etc.) about autism?

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I thought the whole show today was dedicated to Autism? Just like they did last year.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

elk
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby;2219719;
    I thought it was a very good autism awareness piece, but the fact they mentioned recovery bothered me. There is no cure for autism and if there is actual 'recovery' (as opposed to cure), it can only happen with years of very hard work. That kind of information really hurts parents with a new diagnosis and often prompts them to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars (I live in Ontario were autism therapies are not government funded for most of us).

I would have rather heard them speak of understanding, acceptance and a healthy dose of love.

Just my opinion, but my son's autism is part of what makes him so 'cool'!
    "I'll meet you at the place near the thing that we went to that time." - Albert Brooks to Holly Hunter in Broadcast News

Rosie made next week's TV Guide. Who will she insult next, who will sue. Hey as far as I am concerned you are no one unless Rosie insults you. Everyone will talk about you for at least a week, you can't buy that kind of publicity.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

And yet Trump's moved on to three new targets since the Rosie feud ended.....and no one cares.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2221462;
    And yet Trump's moved on to three new targets since the Rosie feud ended.....and no one cares.
    Who did TRump insult? Rosies as you say everyone knows.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread