+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1635Likes

Thread: The View

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander;2214149;
    I like Elizabeth, though I agree with her rarely, but today she came off as a five year old having a temper tantrum, and I thought she was going to start crying at any time. She appears to live in a very rigid moral universe, and is blind to any grey area.
    i can tell you from experience that some (not all) people with rigid religious views are like this ... the world is black and white, good and evil ... not even a bit of grey exists in their eyes/beliefs. when presented with alternative views, they freak out and don't know what to think or feel.

thankfully not all christians are like this.

-----

oh, and for the record, i was impressed with how elisabeth strongly stood up for her view on this episode. i don't always agree with her, but you could tell she was passionate about this.
    Last edited by barefootdyke; 01-24-2007 at 08:09 AM.

I loved how Rosie confronted Barbara today after once again tried to get them to move on from a topic that was starting to get a little heated.
    They were discussing the State of The Union address and Barbara did her usual "let's move on" when it looked like their discussion might get too hotfor the poor old dear to handle.
    Rosie asked her, "move on to what? This was last night, this is a hot topic."
    Barbara had no answer to that of course and eventually said "ok, carry on talking then" (or words to that effect in both cases).
    If Barbara can't stand the heat she needs to either rethink her panel personel, or preferably disassociate herself from the show entirely and let someone else take over the reins.

Rosie did make me laugh with her story about her youngest daughter today.
    She said she'd had a bad couple of weeks and her daughter asked her why.
    She said a man said she was fat and ugly.
    He daughter paused and said, "Mama, you're not ugly."

No, she was not rehashing the whole Trump incident again btw.

That's hysterical, fluff.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

gotta love the honesty of a child, huh?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Loved that Barbara-Rosie exchange!! She backed the old goat right on down!!

All of the hot topics were good today.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

&

damn, I guess we officially know who's in charge on this show

even the "double dare" guy was pandering to Queen Rosie

BW punked on her own show btw... Is that Bill Gedy(sp?) executive guy still on there? or did Rosie get rid of him too?

Bill hasn't been sitting out front for ages, since before Rosie came on board if my memory serves me correctly.

I thought Rosie was right to ask Barbara why they should move on.
    I'm glad someone else here saw the exchange.
    I can just imagine what the headlines will be if this story is picked up.
    When they talk politics things are likely to heat up, but I think they were having a pretty good conversation.
    Elisabeth wanted to make a point while Rosie was already talking.
    Rosie asked her to let her finish then she could have her say and that's exactly what happened.
    They both got a chance to speak.
    If Babs can't stand the heat she needs to back out of the show imo, not try to shut them up.
    If Barbara had her way the Hot Topics segment would be totally diluted.
    I don't want to listen to 20 minutes of chatter about how lovely Catherine Zeta Jones is.

What you saw as pandering, Dogg I saw as a friend making a joke to try to cheer Rosie up
    Last edited by fluff; 01-24-2007 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2214980;
    Bill hasn't been sitting out front for ages, since before Rosie came on board if my memory serves me correctly.
    i can't remember for sure, but i know he's been on there a few times since rosie started in september. for all we know, he's probably there every episode, it's just babs doesn't talk to him like she used to?

I thought Rosie was right to ask Barbara why they should move on.
    I'm glad someone else here saw the exchange.
    I can just imagine what the headlines will be if this story is picked up.
    When they talk politics things are likely to heat up, but I think they were having a pretty good conversation.
    Elisabeth wanted to make a point while Rosie was already talking.
    Rosie asked her to let her finish then she could have her say and that's exactly what happened.
    They both got a chance to speak.
    If Babs can't stand the heat she needs to back out of the show imo, not try to shut them up.
    one of the tabloid shows picked up on it tonight ... either inside edition or the other one (can't remember the name!), but they showed a clip of it.

If Barbara had her way the Hot Topics segment would be totally diluted.
    I don't want to listen to 20 minutes of chatter about how lovely Catherine Zeta Jones is.
    What you saw as pandering, Dogg I saw as a friend making a joke to try to cheer Rosie up
    i like the hot topics more now than i did before rosie too ... it's always been my favorite part of the show, and the one thing that always drove me crazy was how they would mention a topic, talk about it for like 45 seconds and then move onto another subject. i kept thinking "i want to hear more about that!!!" so yeah, i like it the way it is now ...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I'm still hoping to see a full hour of hot topics. We've had none of that since Star left. Wonder why not?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Have they ever had an hour of Hot Topics?? Seems to me before Star left all that we had was about 15-20 minutes. It feels like since this season started the Hot Topics more often than not stretch to 30 minutes.

A full hour would be fun.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread