+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree976Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2213378;
    Who the heck is Doris?? Al Roker is married to Deborah Roberts. And who is Ed Hill?
    I thought that Doris didn't sound right! I knew her last name is Roberts, and I kept thinking "Isn't Doris Roberts the woman on Everybody Loves Raymond"? You're right - she's Deborah Roberts -- but she is the one I think would be fantastic on the show.

ED Hill is currently on Fox News. She was one of the co-hosts on Fox and Friends, and was just moved to her own show during the daytime. (a move that happened shorlty after her name was floated as a potential View host - coincedence?) She also occasionally does second-mic duties on Bill O'Reilly's radio show.

FORT Fogey
    Deborah, yes. I get names wrong on a regular basis. Thanks for the correction.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2213383;
    I thought that Doris didn't sound right! I knew her last name is Roberts, and I kept thinking "Isn't Doris Roberts the woman on Everybody Loves Raymond"? You're right - she's Deborah Roberts -- but she is the one I think would be fantastic on the show.
    And I didn't even make the Doris Roberts connection. But yes, I agree with you and Dogbat that Deborah Roberts would make a good addition. I like her.

ED Hill is currently on Fox News. She was one of the co-hosts on Fox and Friends, and was just moved to her own show during the daytime. (a move that happened shorlty after her name was floated as a potential View host - coincedence?) She also occasionally does second-mic duties on Bill O'Reilly's radio show.
    eep.

Has she cohosted before, or is her name being bandied about simply because she's a female Republican? And then aren't we then in the danger of turning this into a simply political tv show instead of what it is? Isn't that what people have already been complaining about?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2213500;

eep.

Has she cohosted before, or is her name being bandied about simply because she's a female Republican? And then aren't we then in the danger of turning this into a simply political tv show instead of what it is? Isn't that what people have already been complaining about?
    I don't know if she's ever filled in, but her name was one of the ones thrown out immediately surrounding the Katie Couric / Meredith Viera announcements. I would guess that was due to her contract status with Fox, and her experience in news. Not all of the names thrown around at that time were Republican women - which ED is not. She's conservative on many issues - the war being one of them. But back when I used to listen to O'Reilly's radio show, she spent far more time slamming him for being a nutjob than she did agreeing with him. She's always come across as someone who makes a choice on each issue, rather than buying into any party platform across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2213592;
    But back when I used to listen to O'Reilly's radio show, she spent far more time slamming him for being a nutjob than she did agreeing with him.
    I think I'd love her, then.

She's always come across as someone who makes a choice on each issue, rather than buying into any party platform across the board.
    Not five minutes ago I was talking politics with someone and expressed this very wish for our party system. She sounds pretty impressive, and if I could bring myself to flip on FoxNews I'd try to catch her show.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2213592;
    She's conservative on many issues - the war being one of them. But back when I used to listen to O'Reilly's radio show, she spent far more time slamming him for being a nutjob than she did agreeing with him. She's always come across as someone who makes a choice on each issue, rather than buying into any party platform across the board.
    I've never heard of her before.
    Sounds like she could be an interesting addition.
    My main gripe with Elisabeth is not that she's Republican, the panel needs people who hold differing views, but that she seems so party-line on every issue.
    It's only recently that I saw her show any wiggle room at all, first on same sex marriage and now (although less so) on the invasion of Iraq, where Bush is on his "last chance" with her.
    I'd welcome the views of someone who is broadly Conservative, but takes issues on their own merits more than I feel Elisabeth tends to.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Is that pronounced "EEE"-"DEE", or is it ED, like Ed Bradlley? I've never heard of her before.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2213917;
    Is that pronounced "EEE"-"DEE", or is it ED, like Ed Bradlley? I've never heard of her before.
    yeah it's E.D. Hill

she would never be a part of a crappy show like "The View"

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2213099;
    Yeah,...his poll numbers really show how loved he is. Oh, well...

I thought the discussion about infidelity was interesting. When you are cheating on a spouse, are you also cheating on the children? I'd say, probably, yes. When your attention is diverted from the home, your children are suffering. You take time away from them to turn your attention elsewhere. I kind of agree with Elizabeth on this one, but not so much in black and white terms. I don't, necessarily, believe it's all one way or the other, even though it may not sound like that is what I am saying.
    Now when you put it that way I can understand what she meant. I guess I did not get it because she was making it was all one way or the other. Perhaps if she would have worded it the way that you did more people would have agreed with her.

I like Elizabeth, though I agree with her rarely, but today she came off as a five year old having a temper tantrum, and I thought she was going to start crying at any time. She appears to live in a very rigid moral universe, and is blind to any grey area.

+ Reply to Thread