+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1435Likes

Thread: The View

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    i had a feeling it was all an act last year too.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2210851;
    Methinks what I've always thought. That lil' Kellie has been laying it on a bit in the past.
    Right on the money.

I *almost* felt sorry for Liz today! NOT! LOL She looked like she was about to cry when she kept insisting that you can't be a good parent if you commit abdultery. Then the rest of them would disagree. Poor thing! The sad thing is that I liked her when she started the show but once she started spreading her Bush love I tuned out............Maybe the next co-host should be a conservative to even it out though.............

Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz;2213067;
    The sad thing is that I liked her when she started the show but once she started spreading her Bush love I tuned out............
    OIC, its OK for Rosie to spread Bush hatred but its not OK for Elizabeth to spread Bush love.

Hmmm....

Seems the liberals always want to make noise about being tolerant until its something they don't like to hear then its not OK.

Regardlesss of what Rosie or the liberal media wants you to believe, Bush still has a strong following and many still respect him. Give it a rest already.
    Fabulous Fifty

Want to be green?? Join the Premium Member FORT team. Click for more info!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Yeah,...his poll numbers really show how loved he is. Oh, well...

I thought the discussion about infidelity was interesting. When you are cheating on a spouse, are you also cheating on the children? I'd say, probably, yes. When your attention is diverted from the home, your children are suffering. You take time away from them to turn your attention elsewhere. I kind of agree with Elizabeth on this one, but not so much in black and white terms. I don't, necessarily, believe it's all one way or the other, even though it may not sound like that is what I am saying.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaky;2213077;
    OIC, its OK for Rosie to spread Bush hatred but its not OK for Elizabeth to spread Bush love.

Hmmm....

Seems the liberals always want to make noise about being tolerant until its something they don't like to hear then its not OK.

Regardlesss of what Rosie or the liberal media wants you to believe, Bush still has a strong following and many still respect him. Give it a rest already.
    I am liberal and not at all tolerant of Bush and this war, never claimed to be, either. Republicans had their field day with Clinton. It is something that happens. That is not going to change.

Barbara is the irritant for me on this show. She is hoplessly square and self aggrandizing. Every week she has to comment on how funny, great or wacky The View is. She patronizes Elizabeth. I don't agree with Elizabeths politics or her opinions, most of the time, but let her talk, let it go and move on. Disagree, if you wish, but do not talk down to her.

I am also tired of guest hosts. The first segment is comsumed by what they have been doing and their lives. I much prefer them to just get down to hot topics. It appears that this is the format and they are not going to choose another permanent host. I vote for Al Rokers wife, Doris. Two extroverted comics are good but they need a calmer voice to ground them.

I like Rosie, always have.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat;2213163;
    I am liberal and not at all tolerant of Bush and this war, never claimed to be, either. Republicans had their field day with Clinton. It is something that happens. That is not going to change.
    I think there is a difference between disagreeing with a person's politics, and disliking a person because of his or her politics. I see both on a daily basis. But when I see someone say "I can't stand X because she is a Bush supporter" I can't help but take that as a message that the person saying that also dislikes me.

I am also tired of guest hosts. The first segment is comsumed by what they have been doing and their lives. I much prefer them to just get down to hot topics. It appears that this is the format and they are not going to choose another permanent host. I vote for Al Rokers wife, Doris. Two extroverted comics are good but they need a calmer voice to ground them.

I like Rosie, always have.
    I completely agree! The two names I've been dying to see names as a permanent co-host since first seeing their names floated are Doris, and ED Hill. Either of them brings to the table a real news background, strong personality, and experience not just in parenting, but also in step-parenting. I'd be elated to see either of them added to the group.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Barbara is the irritant for me on this show. She is hoplessly square and self aggrandizing. Every week she has to comment on how funny, great or wacky The View is. She patronizes Elizabeth. I don't agree with Elizabeths politics or her opinions, most of the time, but let her talk, let it go and move on. Disagree, if you wish, but do not talk down to her.
    I couldn't agree with you more. BW grates on my last nerve. Every time the other hosts get an interesting discussion going Barbara always interjects with one of her ever-so irrelevant memories from eons ago about when she interviewed Fred Astaire or some other bygone relic from yesteryear, thus proceeding to suck the life out of what was once an interesting discussion. Admittedly Rosie isn't one of my favourite people, however, ANYONE is better than Barbara. I'll take Rosie over her any day of the week.

Walters is a self-obsorbed, self-obsessed, name-dropping bore.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    BW is self-centered, nothing new.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I vote for Al Rokers wife, Doris.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka
    The two names I've been dying to see names as a permanent co-host since first seeing their names floated are Doris, and ED Hill.
    Who the heck is Doris?? Al Roker is married to Deborah Roberts. And who is Ed Hill? (ahh... just googled her. A Fox News correspondent. That might help educate Elizabeth.)
    Last edited by Broadway; 01-23-2007 at 04:37 PM.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread