+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1548Likes

Thread: The View

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101;2208493;
    rosie certainly said no more than what letterman, leno and others have been saying about paula. and quite frankly, if she's on tv and drunk...then it's fair game to ridicule/mock her.
    These are all comedians whose stock and trade is making fun of people. I'm not a huge fan of Rosie anymore, these are my feelings: 1. The Kelly Rippa comment about her being homophobic was serious and not called for--not the work of a comedian. 2. the flip of the hair with her Trump imitation WAS not so much intended as an attack as a comedian at work--insulting people for laughs. 3. The comments about Paula fall into that same category--a comedian insulting a celeb, via a "funny" impression for laughs.

My final comment about Rosie is that her attitude is that she can insult anybody in any way that she wishes, for whatever she disagrees witht hem about., but then acts so superior with "peace out" or comments like everyone else is at fault and wrong,etc. This is a very annoying, superior attitude. :nono

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    interesting discussion about american idol on today's show. and kelly pickler seems to be getting more comfortable with the attention ... at least she's not acting as ditzy as she did when she was on idol.

I so agree with Rosie, watching Simon, Paula and Randy ridicule what appear to be not too educated, homely, naive contestants who seem to genuinely believe they have talent is not entertaining to me. And also, I did find Kelly Ripa's comment to Clay homophobic. It was the flippant "honey", at the end of " I don't know where that hand's been, honey, and the tone used. She has also called Kirstie Alley to task for lying about how much she weighed in her pre-Jenny Craig days, and it's obvious with anyone with eyesight that Kirstie was lying, ditto Paula being drunk/high.

As far as the Donald goes, I believe that feud started way before when Donald leaked a letter during Martha's stint on the Apprentice, trashing her. Rosie pointed out way back then, that unlike the Donald, Martha did not inherit wealth and is a self-made woman . The irony of a man who's cheated on his spouse, being the moral arbiter of 20 year old girls in America, was dead on.

But the biggest thing about Rosie, that is so different from almost every celebrity out there, is that she really is a champion of average Joe american, and doesn't seem to care about money. I also think, if she were male, she wouldn't be getting as much flak for her candor.

I don't watch American Idol, and after seeing the short clip of it they showed on today's show I thank God I didn't waste my time. All three of those snobs (Paula, Simon, and the other guy) are repulsive. The way they insulted and made fun of that guy was not funny or entertaining. Seeing three millionaires act like immature third graders was nauseating. I was very impressed by the way the young man reacted to Simon's rude insults, he definately had more class and maturity than the three of them combined. Uggg, I really got angry when I saw that clip.

well everone knows i'm not a fan of Rosie, so i'm not even gonna comment really about anything she has done or said lately.

ok, maybe jus one thing... Why is it that no matter the topic AI, TR knight, peanut butter.... somehow she connects it to George W Bush WOW!

i'm hearing that she may be gone in the summer when her contract is up

all the liberal minded people might think she's a breath of fresh air and whatnot but her not censoring herself for tv is becoming a thorn in ABC's side.

yes, ratings are up because they booted SJR and people like me are still waiting for something blockbuster, the ultimate explosion to happen on air that they'll be able to loop over and over again on jimmy kimmel and the ET shows. FINALLY killing off the show

SOT: um, about AI... every year they make fun of contestants, talking about there weight, sexuality, looks, etc. & every year these people who watches the show tries out trying to get on tv. & every year you got no talented weirdos on there with looney parents feeding lies and false hope to their children. Why do people even care what Simon says

& Paula Abdul Why oh why are people just noticing she's on something... i been saying that for at least the last 2 seasons; What do you expect? Do you think AI will get rid of her or get her help... This is the same woman that sleeps with contestants allegedly and AI swept it under the rug.

FORT Fogey
    I used to enjoy the glamour that Star Jones brought to the show (something I would never experience), although she did annoy me at times. I really liked Meredith, as she was very "everywoman" and had kids, a husband and a job (like me). Hence, I had trepidation about Rosie joining the panel.

But, I have to say that I really enjoy Rosie! I like that she is not so politically correct, and speaks her mind. I think daytime needs something stronger than the pablum that is spoonfed everyone on other talk shows. Yes, sometimes I think she could edit her comments a tiny bit...so as not to offend everyone with her candor....but all in all, I think she has made this daytime show interesting.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    amen, Lotuslander

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mountaingirl70;2210353;
    I used to enjoy the glamour that Star Jones brought to the show (something I would never experience), although she did annoy me at times. I really liked Meredith, as she was very "everywoman" and had kids, a husband and a job (like me). Hence, I had trepidation about Rosie joining the panel.

But, I have to say that I really enjoy Rosie! I like that she is not so politically correct, and speaks her mind. I think daytime needs something stronger than the pablum that is spoonfed everyone on other talk shows. Yes, sometimes I think she could edit her comments a tiny bit...so as not to offend everyone with her candor....but all in all, I think she has made this daytime show interesting.

She is definitely not Vanilla...thank goodness. Meredith was.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2208773;
    interesting discussion about american idol on today's show. and kelly pickler seems to be getting more comfortable with the attention ... at least she's not acting as ditzy as she did when she was on idol.
    Yes, I saw clips on the net.

Did you notice she somehow magically knew the meaning of "cardiac arrest" when Rosie presented her with the Gold album? Methinks what I've always thought. That lil' Kellie has been laying it on a bit in the past.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2210851;
    Methinks what I've always thought. That lil' Kellie has been laying it on a bit in the past.
    Exactly!

+ Reply to Thread