+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1635Likes

Thread: The View

What it comes down to is.... because of the Trump feud everyone is analyzing Rosie to death. I never agreed with her Kelly Ripa complaint and thought she was out of line on that one. But this Paula Abdul comment, admittedly snide, was nothing more than what millions of other people are saying day in and day out but because people are angry with Rosie because of the other crap they're going to pile it on.

Case in point the other thread: another poster (and I'm not criticizing the poster, just pointing out the differences in perception) said that "Rosie was going on and on about Paula." It was a BRIEF joking comment that certainly doesn't qualify as "going on and on" but, thanks to the previous crap, people are going to portray it as something that it wasn't.

No big deal, but I'm just as tired, if not more so, of the Rosie bashing as people are of her comments. Somehow it's been deemed worthwhile of having two seperate threads about the very same thing... but it's gotten old quickly.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I think a lot of the discussion of Rosie is due to her bashing of different people lately. If she would just stop the negative condescending comments about celebritites, I think the discussion of her on here would die down.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Fogey
    Broadway, in many ways, I appreciate the point you're making. You're absolutely right - when a celebrity gets a rap for doing something - in this case, Rosie bashing other celebs - then normal things that person does are read as continuing the behavior, even when it's not.

That said, isn't Rosie very guilty of doing exactly what you've identified that is being done to her? Isn't she often jumping on, or sometimes leading the bandwagon, of unfairly piling on celebs? So to some degree, isn't the turnabout fair play?

Well, whether she's continuing the behavior or not, is all matter of opinion.
    I just don't find mocking people an admirable quality at all. I feel if you're going to mock people's facial expressions and make faces, you better look in the mirror, yourself.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2208448;
    Broadway, in many ways, I appreciate the point you're making. You're absolutely right - when a celebrity gets a rap for doing something - in this case, Rosie bashing other celebs - then normal things that person does are read as continuing the behavior, even when it's not.

That said, isn't Rosie very guilty of doing exactly what you've identified that is being done to her? Isn't she often jumping on, or sometimes leading the bandwagon, of unfairly piling on celebs? So to some degree, isn't the turnabout fair play?
    She's guilty of making controversial and sometimes unfair comments, yes. Unfairly piling on a celebrity? No.. I don't agree with that. I don't think she's "piled on" anyone.

FORT Fanatic
    rosie certainly said no more than what letterman, leno and others have been saying about paula. and quite frankly, if she's on tv and drunk...then it's fair game to ridicule/mock her.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2208452;
    Well, whether she's continuing the behavior or not, is all matter of opinion.
    I just don't find mocking people an admirable quality at all. I feel if you're going to mock people's facial expressions and make faces, you better look in the mirror, yourself.
    That was my biggest beef about the whole affair. The mocking was going too far. Rosie herself has a somewhat unusual way of holding her mouth when she speaks, so why try and make someone else look silly for the same little quirk she has? And while Donald's mouth is one of his least attractive features, his daughter inherited it. Just watch her speak.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101;2208493;
    rosie certainly said no more than what letterman, leno and others have been saying about paula. and quite frankly, if she's on tv and drunk...then it's fair game to ridicule/mock her.
    Good point. However, I think that when Leno and Letterman are mocked, they tend to let it roll off their backs. They know it's joking in fun when they do it, and accept it as the same when they're the targets. Rosie doesn't accept it in good fun when she's the target. She should be held to play by the same rules she demands of others.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2208506;
    Rosie doesn't accept it in good fun when she's the target. She should be held to play by the same rules she demands of others.
    Exactly. She's good at dishing it out, but can't take the heat when it comes flying back in her face.

On a side note, I wonder just how long before embroils herself in that fued between the two cast members of Grey's Anatomy...

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2208506;
    Good point. However, I think that when Leno and Letterman are mocked, they tend to let it roll off their backs. They know it's joking in fun when they do it, and accept it as the same when they're the targets. Rosie doesn't accept it in good fun when she's the target. She should be held to play by the same rules she demands of others.
    Give me an example of Rosie not being able to take a joke. All that I've seen lately is Rosie not reacting favorably when someone is trashing her.

Nice commercials at lunchtime... Entertainment Tonight's big headline story is "Has Paula Abdul lost it??" Are we all going to now trash ET for bashing Paula? They're even worse, IMO, for putting out a serious news story questioning a celebrity's sanity.
    Last edited by Broadway; 01-18-2007 at 01:32 PM.

+ Reply to Thread