+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2962Likes

Thread: The View

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    It says "believe it or not, our views differ." Thus my interpretation of who "our" was referring to.
    If I had been talking about you, or with you, as I have in the past in other threads, I would have used AV or BB..okay? We have butted heads before, but that was a long long time ago.I'm not about to get that upset about a fluffy show like this..
    I was posting because Joy is always right, even when she is wrong, and there other views. Thank goodness there are,what a boring world if we all thought the same...
    angelic_one2002 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I don’t consider this program fluffy at all. In fact, I really enjoyed yesterday’s conversation regarding our VP and hypocrisy.

What's occurred to me over the passage of what has seemed like two full years of never-ending mentally draining months is that political conversation in this country has steered from being about policy toward being about behavior. I think that’s why it interests me more than ever before, and why it evokes such passion in folks like Joy.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

FORT Fogey

That's a great point making the distinction between policy and behavior. I think that sums it up very well. I don't mind a show like The View focusing on behaviors, because I don't see it as a news show. But I do think that a key reason why nothing much is getting done in Washington is that on news programs and in the political discourse in general, the focus is on behavior and not policy. Legislation is being written not to address problems like families being torn apart because of immigration enforcement but to separate "good guys" from "bad guys" to set up for victories. People who are facing the problems in an immediate sense don't care about good and bad ... they care about policy.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

I still consider it fluffy, that's my prerogative, and why I don't watch every day. I saw Sherri was on, and I'm betting she brought up god or Jeffrey. I can't stand that woman..especially after the adoption that never was...( shudder)
    redsox girl and AcookerTV like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I don’t consider this program fluffy at all. In fact, I really enjoyed yesterday’s conversation regarding our VP and hypocrisy.
    I didn't hear the conversation, and when you posted about it the Olympic thread, I wasn't aware Pence didn't stand.Perhaps because I watched Canadian footage, or I simply missed it ..
    It's my opinion, he should of, I think the whole SK/NK is symbolic, but when you're in the host country, you respect that country, and what they do.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I didn't hear the conversation, and when you posted about it the Olympic thread, I wasn't aware Pence didn't stand.Perhaps because I watched Canadian footage, or I simply missed it ..
    It's my opinion, he should of, I think the whole SK/NK is symbolic, but when you're in the host country, you respect that country, and what they do.
    I did not noticed he didn't stand either until the news ran with it.

I'm just curious...I know the guy that beat his wife is guilty , there is pictures. But I myself don't see a problem with Trump saying he did a good job. Are these people accused never suppose to work again? There are a lot of people out there that beat their wives everyday. Not right at all. But we usually tell the spouse to get out of that relationship not go fire the guy , if it is that bad put him in jail.

The View yesterday said you can't call a girl hot etc. but today with were drooling all over the Obama's picture. So confused like Sherri...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nicksmom View Post
    I did not noticed he didn't stand either until the news ran with it.

I'm just curious...I know the guy that beat his wife is guilty , there is pictures. But I myself don't see a problem with Trump saying he did a good job. Are these people accused never suppose to work again? There are a lot of people out there that beat their wives everyday. Not right at all. But we usually tell the spouse to get out of that relationship not go fire the guy , if it is that bad put him in jail.

The View yesterday said you can't call a girl hot etc. but today with were drooling all over the Obama's picture. So confused like Sherri...lol
    A person can do a very good job, and yet abuse his wife/girlfriend/partner. I don't understand where the metoo movement is headed. We have an MP here , and he was kicked out of caucus, because someone reported him third hand!( in an email btw) He still doesn't know who accused him, he has asked, but nobody will tell him..he cant address the issue, because he doesn't know!!!..people are coming forward with things that happened 10- 15 years ago, they called someone sexy..or yummy..and they are fired, where is due process?
    In the case of the guy that beat his wife, when there is proof, like the photo, I think you have to dismiss that person, or perhaps tell him he needs help and he cannot come back until he has that help..but that appears to be the wrong choice in many cases..
    My son is 46, and we have talked this over with my husband...I still have no answers..
    -Andy Rooney-

He was a security risk - he should not have been exposed to the materials that were brought before him.

I think the ladies should discuss KellyAnne Conway's take on all of this. Now that would make for interesting TV. For anyone who hasn't heard or read it yet, KellyAnne says that Hope Hicks is a strong woman so she's basically not concerned about her being with this guy. What does that say about the two women he was married to beforehand? Is she implying they were partially to blame because they weren't strong women? The ladies could have a field day with this one.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

Why was he a security risk?
    -Andy Rooney-

He could be blackmailed.

+ Reply to Thread