+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1548Likes

Thread: The View

It begs to be asked why some of the people that criticize Rosie the worst, and just hate every last thing about her and how she's dominated this show, continue to watch it day in and day out?

What is it that keeps people that despise Rosie, and this show, coming back? Once people can answer that they'll find the reason why this show is not going to disappear anytime soon. The ratings went up immediately after Rosie took over and sure, they've only gotten better, throughout this entire feud.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2205377;
    It begs to be asked why some of the people that criticize Rosie the worst, and just hate every last thing about her and how she's dominated this show, continue to watch it day in and day out?
    Exactly.
    She mentioned feuds today, but she didn't allude to any particluar person that she was feuding with and wasn't seeking to keep any argument alive with that comment as far as I could see.
    You could even argue that in bringing up the subject she is finally showing some appreciation that there can be ramifications to being so outspoken.

What is it that keeps people that despise Rosie, and this show, coming back? Once people can answer that they'll find the reason why this show is not going to disappear anytime soon. The ratings went up immediately after Rosie took over and sure, they've only gotten better, throughout this entire feud.
    Love her or hate her, Rosie appears to be the reason many people are tuning in.
    I think people who like her enjoy her down to earth style, others find her brash and offensive, but they're still tuning in.
    She's not the only reason, but surely even detractors can't deny that the spike in ratings that occured when she joined the show is not coincidence.
    Last edited by fluff; 01-15-2007 at 06:07 PM.

I don't watch it. Occasionally, I see maybe two or three minutes and that's all it takes. I don't care if it's the #1 show from now till doomsday, I don't like Rosie and have no interest in the show. Apparently most people don't feel that way and I have no problem with that either. I don't care who watches, or doesn't watch, nor why they make the choice.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I was watching today and listening to Hassle give her interpretation of Barbara Boxer's comment to Condi. I got the gist of it but she wanted to continue as if it were a meanspirited jab at Condi. It wasn't, just extremely honest. Maybe Ditz was getting her pants in a twist because in a way the same could be said for her, her kid is way young, her hubby is a football player and she's a tv co-host.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Rosie gets on my nerves from time to time but she is the best thing to happen to the show. THe show was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring after Star left. Star got on my nerves from time to time too but now I see that is needed with the show. During the time right after Star left, Joy was the only one I could stand. Barbara was an AWFUL moderator! They really took a hit when Meredith left. She was the glue that held them together.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2205581;
    I was watching today and listening to Hassle give her interpretation of Barbara Boxer's comment to Condi. I got the gist of it but she wanted to continue as if it were a meanspirited jab at Condi. It wasn't, just extremely honest. Maybe Ditz was getting her pants in a twist because in a way the same could be said for her, her kid is way young, her hubby is a football player and she's a tv co-host.
    Elizabeth's problem with the Barbara Boxer comment was the very thing that Rosie was trying to point out: that people have listened to the interpretetations of what BB said, but not the reality of it. Even Elizabeth seemed to stumble when Rosie pointed out for the third time that BB did not say that Condi didn't understand.. but just that she wasn't paying the price of war like a military family does. But good ol' Elizabeth stuck to her misguided, Hannity-influenced () guns.

I dont watch this show even three times a week, but the reason I watch it when I do, is because of Joy and Elizabeth. When Meredith left, those two became my favorites. Joy speaks her peace without being obnoxious, and Elizabeth kind of balances her out with her more conservative approach.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2205902;
    Elizabeth's problem with the Barbara Boxer comment was the very thing that Rosie was trying to point out: that people have listened to the interpretetations of what BB said, but not the reality of it. Even Elizabeth seemed to stumble when Rosie pointed out for the third time that BB did not say that Condi didn't understand.. but just that she wasn't paying the price of war like a military family does. But good ol' Elizabeth stuck to her misguided, Hannity-influenced () guns.
    ^ Elisabeth knew what the quote was, but like the rest of the 'cohosts' are doing is letting Rosie punk them. Last time i checked Elisabeth graduated college and i'm sure she knows how to read and doesn't need someone to hold a card to her face and sound out the words like a little kid. Elisabeth like i said earlier has surrendered pretty much to her coworkers and i bet they probably tell her in the preshow thing when she's "allowed" to comment and theyll (the producers) cut her off through her earphone when she's stepping on Rosies toes. As for interpretations, evrybody is gonna interperet things how they want. I can think of several instances where some prominent person "said" something verbatim and everybody said they meant something else than the words tht actually came out. Boxer was taking a stab at Condeleeeza, that what people do when they interview members of the Bush admin. It's the same ole story... conservative are "misguided" and liberals aren't.

well about watching the show, i don't really watch complete shows but catch maybe the 1st 15-20min a couple times a week before i leave the house. and everytime i do Rosie is annoying as hell and her submissive cohost and vanilla audience just feeds her ego.

and it's not even her political views, because believe it or not i actually always liked Joy Behar and i don't agree with anything she says. Joy is abrassive also but it doesn't annoy me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;2205971;
    ^ Elisabeth knew what the quote was, but like the rest of the 'cohosts' are doing is letting Rosie punk them. Last time i checked Elisabeth graduated college and i'm sure she knows how to read and doesn't need someone to hold a card to her face and sound out the words like a little kid. Elisabeth like i said earlier has surrendered pretty much to her coworkers and i bet they probably tell her in the preshow thing when she's "allowed" to comment and theyll (the producers) cut her off through her earphone when she's stepping on Rosies toes. As for interpretations, evrybody is gonna interperet things how they want. I can think of several instances where some prominent person "said" something verbatim and everybody said they meant something else than the words tht actually came out. Boxer was taking a stab at Condeleeeza, that what people do when they interview members of the Bush admin. It's the same ole story... conservative are "misguided" and liberals aren't.
    Dogg... perhaps you need to reread the quote as well? If Barbara Boxer was taking a stab at Condeleeza Rice, then Barbara Boxer did a massive mutilization of herself before doing so.

Sure, everyone is going to interpret things as they want, but that doesn't mean they're correct.

Editing half an hour later just to put in the link to the transcript in case anyone actually wants to read it... even though this is The View thread. But it makes Rosie's point, and not Elizabeth's.
    Last edited by Broadway; 01-16-2007 at 10:27 AM.

FORT Fogey

I don't watch every day. When I do, it's for one of two reasons - either there's a good guest on, and I want to see the guest or I am home with nothing to do. Rosie annoys me and I think she's a horrible talk show host. But the other options on my TV at the time (The Price is Right, judge shows, and news) are worse. So it's the lesser of two evils.

+ Reply to Thread