+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2962Likes

Thread: The View

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    BTW, I googled Van Jones. I DO know who he is. Felt so out of the loop.
    He's pretty full of himself sometimes, I can only listen for awhile... jmho.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    He wasn't upset (of course, we really don't know if he was or not -- he's an actor) because he's not aware of how ignorant he is. Joy was aware. I'd be upset, too, if a guest on my show kept smugly insisting he's right about something he's not, with no proof whatsoever. Intelligence is obviously not his strong suit. He was known for abs.
    It's called The View, not Joy's View..and believe it or not, our views differ.
    -Andy Rooney-

Are you able to point to a comment that she said, FM, that makes you feel she was rude to him? I've watched it back several times, and I see no evidence of her being unfair to this particular guest. I really think his undoing was his responses. She may have led him there with the questions that she asked, but each and every one was pertinent and phrased appropriately.
    Gutmutter and AlwaysVeg like this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    It's called The View, not Joy's View..and believe it or not, our views differ.
    I don't really understand this comment. She's a member of the panel and was interviewing the guest, as is her job. I didn't see her say anything out of line. If by "our views," you're referring to yours and mine, that "believe it or not" part of your comment seems rather unwarranted sarcasm and a little aggressive. People's views frequently differ on FORT. That's the name of the game.
    Gutmutter and Imperfect1 like this.

I don't really understand this comment. She's a member of the panel and was interviewing the guest, as is her job. I didn't see her say anything out of line. If by "our views," you're referring to yours and mine, that "believe it or not" part of your comment seems rather unwarranted sarcasm and a little aggressive. People's views frequently differ on FORT. That's the name of the game.
    In my post. It says Joys view, nothing to do with you and I..

I don't think she allows others views, and I stand by that!
    -Andy Rooney-

I saw most of Meghan's interview on the Van Jones Show last evening. I tuned in just when he was asking her how it is to be on The View. She pretty much glossed over the problems she's obviously having, and said it was her father who encouraged her to leave the cocoon of Fox News and take the job offer. The rest of the interview was mostly lightweight questions. She was very sweet and smiley through most of it. She has a different personality entirely when her opinions are not being challenged.
    That's interesting. Thanks for sharing. I also saw Sunny (on Wendy William's program) talking about going out for drinks with Meghan. She said they get along well together, that they are both bad*** women.

But this bugs me...

I happened to read an article today. I think it was at Politico and Meghan talks about how she spoke with DT after he had been seen mimicking/mocking her father's disability. This occurred after McCain voted down the health bill. Meghan said they had a very nice conversation. I just don't get that! I could never be okay with someone treating my father that way.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

I saw a neutral article about Meghan on FB and the comments were BRUTAL!!! It made me grateful we can disagree here without sinking to that level.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I saw a neutral article about Meghan on FB and the comments were BRUTAL!!! It made me grateful we can disagree here without sinking to that level.
    I have seen comments under The View on FB, I couldn't believe they would be allowed, plus they were pretty pointless ...calling someone an evil b**** over and over is ridiculous..
    -Andy Rooney-

I think it was at Politico and Meghan talks about how she spoke with DT after he had been seen mimicking/mocking her father
    She said on the show the President called her, she took the call, yes..
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    In my post. It says Joys view, nothing to do with you and I..

I don't think she allows others views, and I stand by that!
    It says "believe it or not, our views differ." Thus my interpretation of who "our" was referring to.

+ Reply to Thread