+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2902Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Childish behavior from both Joy and Meghan today...Time out for both of them.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crzndeb View Post
    Childish behavior from both Joy and Meghan today...Time out for both of them.
    I agree, they both acted badly! ..
    tinderbox likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I just listened to the argument between Joy and Megan from today. I'll admit that i listened, not watching the whole thing, so any body language, eye rolling etc which I know is in Megan's wheelhouse I did not see. But based on the audio, I have to say I'm on Megan's side for the most part this time. There were a few things she said I didn't like - especially promoting her being on Van Jones' show as if that somehow made her point of view more legitimate.
    With that being said, Joy has a long track record of making such sweeping generalizations when she argues points that she makes them untrue. For her to say she's offended by Republicans ... not elected Republicans who choose to defend the president, not Republican policies, but all Republicans ... and standing behind the generalization when called on it, is rude, mindless, and doesn't do anything to advance a conversation. Megan did a nice job of pointing out that such a generalization included people who Joy claims to respect. She was right to point out that she'd be correct to interpret the comment to mean that Megan existing offends Joy. More importantly, she made a great point in reminding people that she, John McCain and Mitt Romney had all been called racist, because it illustrates the point of using such sweeping generalization rhetoric. The number of people supporting the current president may hover around 30-40%, and doesn't include all Republicans, but those supporting him are doing so in spite of his behavior due in large part to the rhetoric. When good honorable people are called racist because of their political party, it creates a boy who cried wolf impact when the criticism REALLY needs to be levelled.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

I was more shocked by Joy than Meghan. Her sweeping generalization along with using the word hate would have had me coming out of my chair if I were in Meghan's shoes. Yes, Meghan also says things that make me cringe, but in this instance, I'm in her corner.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I didn't like the whole thing, mainly because it was awkward. Thankfully Sunny stepped in. But I will say I saw something a little different; Joy should have phrased her comment a little differently and Meghan should have known Joy well enough to have realized that it had come out wrong and therefore, not taken it so personally. I really feel it was a ready-to-pounce reaction on Meghan's part, but if I had been Joy, I would have further explained myself despite Meghan's poor reaction.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

I hate how Meghan is such a name dropper. Everyone is her good friend (Ross on Big Brother today). After the blow up with Joy, she sat there with the most pouty/mean look on her face. I hope she moves on soon.
    Count your blessings!

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I hate how Meghan is such a name dropper. Everyone is her good friend (Ross on Big Brother today). After the blow up with Joy, she sat there with the most pouty/mean look on her face. I hope she moves on soon.
    So she can't say if they are her friends???? Whoopi does that non stop..and she didn't sit and pout, she was smiling at the guest, who Joy looked like she was ready to punch..

I don't think she's going anywhere.. Good!
    Loved Sunny's new extensions, these are thicker...
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    I didn't like the whole thing, mainly because it was awkward. Thankfully Sunny stepped in. But I will say I saw something a little different; Joy should have phrased her comment a little differently and Meghan should have known Joy well enough to have realized that it had come out wrong and therefore, not taken it so personally. I really feel it was a ready-to-pounce reaction on Meghan's part, but if I had been Joy, I would have further explained myself despite Meghan's poor reaction.
    Did it come out wrong though? Because when she was confronted with it, she didn't back down or say it wasn't what she meant. She stood behind it.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

I'm back and forth on this but right now, I'm on Joy's side. I mean if you really look at the conversation, Meghan started the problem. Joy was making light of Kelly being "shocked" - it was Joy being Joy - she wasn't making light of domestic abuse. Not at all. But Meghan said she was offended as a Republican. ?? With everything going on in your party, Meghan, this is what offends you? Joy making fun of Kelly being shocked?! When we all know he wasn't shocked, that he has known about this man's behavior and yet he allowed him to be exposed to sensitive material?! A man who is most definitely at risk of being blackmailed! The WH was spinning their story, just like they spin all of their stories, and that's what Joy was chuckling about, not domestic abuse.

To top it off, Meghan wouldn't look at Joy for the rest of the show. She's too immature for this program.
    Gutmutter, tinderbox and AlwaysVeg like this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Did it come out wrong though? Because when she was confronted with it, she didn't back down or say it wasn't what she meant. She stood behind it.
    My last post explains further.

+ Reply to Thread