+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2962Likes

Thread: The View

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I thought she sat with her tail between her legs.
    I think we all see what we want to see. Whoopi was told in her ear to stop them all talking at once, Meghan then asked a question, so did she sit and say nothing for the rest of the show, no..( Joy had nothing to offer so she shut up) Was Ana right in what she said, yes.Was it okay for Meghan to ask her what she thought( as Yvette had asked Meghan last week) heck yes!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

It's on tape so this isn't a case of anyone seeing what they want to see. AlwaysVeg's post was factually correct. "Also, somebody apparently shut MM down because she didn't say a word for an entire segment when they came back from commercial, and uttered only a few bland comments for the entire remainder of the show."

Meghan didn't say a word for an entire segment when they came back from commercial and she uttered only a few comments for the entire remainder of the show after that. (I agree with tinderbox's assessment of her demeanor, too.)

FM, you are correct when you say that after Whoopi asked everyone to take their turn, Meghan did ask Ana a question. (And like I said in my post, that really backfired on her.) And after that is when they went to commercial.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

Meghan talked about Netflix, I heard her x twice.

That was toward the end, but it wasn't like she didnt talk about another subject..I still have it on my DVR..
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I've had a chance to watch the show now. I think that Megan was making a valid point - she just wasn't effective in making it for a couple of reasons IMO. What she was trying to get across was the hypocrisy of both sides when it comes to spinning something like a shutdown. On the Democratic side, the last time there was a shut down, they blamed Republicans saying the President had nothing to do with it. Now, they are calling it Trump's shutdown. On the Republican side, last time they insisted it was Obama's fault and if the Democrats only let them vote on what they wanted to there'd be no shut down.Now, they are blaming the minority leader and saying it's terrible to attach a vote for a non-budget issue to a budget vote.

I think what Megan was trying to do was to focus the discussion on the actual facts instead of the spin - the principle that budgets should be voted on separate of other issues. That immigration, especially DACA, should be debated properly. When people engage in the finger pointing and vilifying the opposing side, the distractions prevent real work from getting done. Thta's why she got frustrated with Ana going down the military pay road. Military pay is being used to tug at heart strings and make each side look bad - not for a principle. Had Megan not made it personal with the "I don't know why you call yourself a Republican" she could have gotten that across. But she made it personal ... and the women were already on the defensive because in calling out the hypocrisy, she was calling them out.
    Also, it's quite simple - Ana calls herself a Republican because her primary job is strategist, and as a conservative, that's the only way she can get work.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I thought she sat with her tail between her legs.
    I think so, too. I think she was chastised and put in her place during the commercial break. It was not like her to be so quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I think so, too. I think she was chastised and put in her place during the commercial break. It was not like her to be so quiet.
    She was apparently talking in the break AV( to Sunny) and they laughed..

Also, it's quite simple - Ana calls herself a Republican because her primary job is strategist, and as a conservative, that's the only way she can get work.
    Hmm, well that's odd..

I think when you are friends with someone, as Ana is a friend of their family, it's becomes too familiar..
    Oh well, she goes I go, and its back to pablum..LOL
    Gosh now I cant wait later, for the bachelor real meaningful stuff
    -Andy Rooney-

I turned it off during the first segment shouting match. My ears hurt.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    You probably did the right thing..
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    That's what I do too, Ariel. If these ladies can't respect one another enough to not shout or butt in to each other's comments, forget it. In my opinion, this show has gone downhill ever since Meredith left.
    Last edited by angelic_one2002; 01-23-2018 at 08:30 AM.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." ~ Harriet Beecher Stowe

Going back to what I said last week, I want the ladies to dive in deeper and not just repeat what is already common knowledge. For example, inside that spending bill was a modification of a 70-year-old law, which now gives the WH too much power with the spending money for the intel committee. Rather than trying to deflect about how one shutdown is no different than another shutdown, I want them to get into the nitty gritty of what was going on behind the scenes. For Meghan to get all riled up because an audience member jeered, and come out of the gate like a bull as she did, it just keeps the conversation at a minimum, and to me that's a lose-lose for the show.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

+ Reply to Thread