+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2901Likes

Thread: The View

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Re: The View

CZJ has a new movie out. I haven't seen or heard from her since Chicago, she's pretty meh, imho. I wouldn't rush out to see her.

Friday is always lighter, although i think Paula was getting over the flu..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Meghan had another yelling, shrieking meltdown when the panel was talking about the government shutdown. She started attacking Anna Navarro (sp?) for calling herself a Republican. It got so bad that Whoopi cut to commercial, and when they came back, Meghan did not say a word for the entire segment. I definitely don't agree with the government shutdown, but the shutdown of Meghan McCain was wonderful. What I found interesting was watching her on George Stephanopoulis's Sunday news show, where she was a member of the roundtable yesterday. Not once did she raise her voice or act contentious, offended, or superior ("I'm a political pundit"), but was polite to other panel members and spoke in a normal conversational, mature tone.
    Gutmutter likes this.

FORT Fogey

Is it possible the difference in her tone between the two shows indicates the role that producers ask her to play on one vs the other?
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Is it possible the difference in her tone between the two shows indicates the role that producers ask her to play on one vs the other?
    I have no way of knowing, but Whoopi (isn't she a producer now?) was very peeved about the way Meghan was acting today and how it impacted that whole discussion. Also, somebody apparently shut MM down because she didn't say a word for an entire segment when they came back from commercial, and uttered only a few bland comments for the entire remainder of the show. I think it's more like she knows George S. wouldn't begin to put up with such whiny, loud, juvenile behavior. She was still taking the role of conservative at his roundtable but acted like a mature person. I doubt any producers want the kind of behavior she was engaging in today. She unfairly attacked Anna instead of actually listening to what she was trying to say, so maybe she's jealous and threatened when she's not the only Republican on the panel, also immature behavior.
    Gutmutter likes this.

FORT Fogey

I will admit I didn't see today's View yet, but I did watch a portion of This Week yesterday which included Megan as a panelist. I think there are some key differences. As I said before, I do think it's possible - though like you I have no way of knowing - that the producers encourage them to get emotional and fired up on The View, but would not do the same on any of the Sunday morning shows. The View benefits from viral moments. In that respect, Whoopi acting peeved supports the idea that they may be encouraged to get charged up and emotional - peeved is an emotional response too. So Megan may be playing her part and Whoopi hers.

Aside from that, I'd say the level of discussion is quite different on This Week vs The View. On This Week, many of panelists are journalists who are working leads and talking to sources all week. THey come to the round table with information to share, present facts, and use those facts to back up their analysis. On The View, they repeat things they heard from news sources. They often times use arguments about the other side being bad to make their points, rather than presenting facts to back up analysis and opinions.

There are many people who reflect the attitude they are given from others when they engage in discussions. I think Megan is one of them. So when people are calmly taking turns and expressing opinions, she does the same. When people are making snide remarks and mocking the party she identifies with, she feels attacked and attacks back.

If The View did things the same way This Week did, their ratings would be as low - but unlike This Week, they'd be cancelled. I don't see the fact that Megan can conduct herself so professionally on This Week as any sort of slam on her. I see it as a compliment - she can put together well thought out analysis, but is versatile enough to also add some flames of excitement when called on to do that. I honestly do not think that all the women on The View have the versatility to be able to do This Week.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

I saw Meghan on This Week with George S and she was clearly out of her league. That's why she was quiet. What she had to say was of little substance compared to what everyone else at the roundtable was saying.

As for today on The View... wow. Ana handed everything back to her and then some. I don't think that conversation could have gone any worse for her.
    Gutmutter, tinderbox and AlwaysVeg like this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

She unfairly attacked Anna instead of actually listening to what she was trying to say, so maybe she's jealous and threatened when she's not the only Republican on the panel, also immature behavior.
    They are friends off camera, but to ask Ana a question seemed fair. Whoopi shut them all down, and Joy threw her card down..lol.
    The marches, did anyone other than Whoopi go? Doubtful...
    Btw MM ( who is too emotional , and Ana who seems more of a conservative than Republican) asked Ana a question directly after Ana spoke...plus spoke about Netflix..
    Monique, I won't be boycotting Netflix, because I don't like your humor, or care to know you earn for one deal, more than us for one year!
    -Andy Rooney-

There are many people who reflect the attitude they are given from others when they engage in discussions. I think Megan is one of them. So when people are calmly taking turns and expressing opinions, she does the same. When people are making snide remarks and mocking the party she identifies with, she feels attacked and attacks back.
    Absolutely correct, and they are encouraged to get charged up. After her say, she sat calmly...
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Absolutely correct, and they are encouraged to get charged up. After her say, she sat calmly...
    I thought she sat with her tail between her legs.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

^ With that panel of women, I would too.
    "Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." ~ Harriet Beecher Stowe

+ Reply to Thread