+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1375Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    The other day, it was BW who was talking (shouting) over Elisabeth. Let's face it...Elisabeth is a bit of a mouse with pretty limited life experience.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2204416;
    I had heard that "Indian giving" was offensive due to the trickery and unreliableness implied, and this was somewhat similar... summer you can't count on to last, that deceives you into putting off preparing for winter, etc. Of course one could focus on the "lovely interlude" aspect of an "Indian summer", but she didn't and said people she knew didn't.

But I'm willing to believe there's internal disagreement on the issue. For example even though the academic study of issues related to homosexuality/transgender, etc. is officially known as "queer studies" a lot of older gay faculty really dislike the term. And when the progresssion from colored to black to African American was taking place there was a lot of resistance from people who were fine with the previous term.

Guess I should put something about Rosie in here, to prevent a complete threadjack!
    Thanks for sharing the background on unreliability. I was guessing at what it could have pertained to earlier but wasn't close to arriving at anything that made sense. Your connected expansion to Indian giving does, viewing it as another might, but that won't likely become the way I view it. Indian Summer will remain something to be celebrated and savored by me.

That's a good noting on internal (as well as external) disagreement relating to the progression of descriptive terminology. At some point people have a tendency toward feeling that they've arrived at the destination and decide to leave it at that even if others continue the descriptive journey. I still opt for using black rather than the more manufactured sounding to me African-American unless using the more generic term enables doubt as to who is being refered to.

Back to The View, Rosie is a blowhard, but she isn't alone. If Elizabeth didn't know initially, she should have learned early on that one gets her fair share of comment time on a show like that only by joining in in jumping upon the others comments in competitive fashion.

Waiting your turn means never getting a turn.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2204506;
    The other day, it was BW who was talking (shouting) over Elisabeth. Let's face it...Elisabeth is a bit of a mouse with pretty limited life experience.
    But they knew that when they hired her. I thought part of her appeal was that she represents the younger women and maybe their views.
    I like her probably better than anyone else on the show and hope that she gets a better deal after this gig is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2204500;
    I wonder what Joy is thinking too. She's been there from the start, is supposed to be a good friend of Barbara and she may as well be at home, it seems. I often wonder if Barbara would do the same thing over again if she had a chance to go back. Letting Rosie take over wasn't her smartest move, in my opinion.
    Joy seems like the type to appear very outspoken, but who actually toes a party line pretty well. True, she eventually slipped with Star Jones, but I think she hid her apparent loathing of Star for a good long time out of loyalty to Barbara. Same now with Rosie.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

You're probably right but I'm thinking, just how good a friend is Joy of Barbara's that she would let Rosie push her aside like that? Joy may have loyalty but she seems to be the only one of the pair who does.

people are finally seeing that Rosie is a "Bully" and the View is HER show.

the fact that BW, someone who supposedly always have stayed 'neutral' about different subjects and doesn't really stress her political views, etc has come out reading "scripts" and whatnot on behalf of Rosie is laughable and i have no respect for her. Rosie and DT are having a stupid media fight, OJ Simpson killed 2 people and BW never said anything negative on air about the guy, just seems rediculous.

although i don't really care about Donald Trump, i beleive everything he said about phone conversations he's had with BW

it will be great when everthing finally implodes and the View is gone off the air...

Why does Rosie have so much power...??? I will never understand it

and Elizabeth is just trying to stay employed. She knows what the deal is and doesn't even feel she needs to rock the boat anymore because it's a lost cause. She'll probably be claiming to be a liberal in no time.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;2204832;
    it will be great when everthing finally implodes and the View is gone off the air...
    I agree. I am willing to bet things are imploding backstage even as we speak and before you know it, it will be noised abroad. I'm giving the View until the end of this season, and will be very surprised if it is renewed for next year.

I disagree. I think all this controversy is probably boosting the rateings. I know I tuned in the other day just to hear what they had to say about DT. Thanks to Rosies big mouth The View is getting excellent coverage and free publicity.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Somewhere Star Jones is getting a good laugh out of the Barbara/Rosie/Trump fued. As the saying goes, he who laughs last, laughs loudest.

I think the ratings probably went up right when this feud began between Trump and Rosie. I think people are tired of it all now. This morning for example, Rosie AGAIN had to bring up and rehash how she had to watch what she said, or certain celebrities would be offended..or something to that effect.
    Enough is enough.....she verbally attacked him just as much as he did her. So drop it, Rosie..
    I agree with other posters here who have mentioned Elizabeth being their favorite. I wish her the best..if this show folds.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

+ Reply to Thread